Nyx Issues

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
masterstroke
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Nyx Issues

Post by masterstroke »

Having some problems with Nyx.

The first issue is Nyx is not saving new teases. I added a new tease and saved it. However, the new tease was not saved.

The second issue is Nyx is not changing the pictures and text when the script is edited. I pasted some script into a tease, edited it, and then saved it. However, the text and pictures did not change. (I saved it under the script tab). Usually when you edit the script the text and pictures will change if done correctly or you will not get any text or pictures if it is edited incorrectly. However, neither is occuring.

I did this a few times to ensure it wasn't operator error. I also logged out of Nyx to see it that would help.
No changes.

Anyone else encounter this problem?

Thanks.

:-/
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Nyx Issues

Post by seraph0x »

masterstroke wrote:Having some problems with Nyx.

The first issue is Nyx is not saving new teases. I added a new tease and saved it. However, the new tease was not saved.
Created a new (empty) tease, restarted Nyx, new tease still there, added some blank pages, saved, restarted Nyx, new pages still there. Sorry, I can't reproduce the problem, can you give the exact steps to reproduce?

masterstroke wrote:The second issue is Nyx is not changing the pictures and text when the script is edited. I pasted some script into a tease, edited it, and then saved it. However, the text and pictures did not change. (I saved it under the script tab). Usually when you edit the script the text and pictures will change if done correctly or you will not get any text or pictures if it is edited incorrectly. However, neither is occuring.
Also works for me, I entered some text, saved, went to the script tab, text was changed. Changed the text there, saved, went back to visual tab, text was changed.

It sounds like the script saving isn't working for some reason. Try these things:
  • Does the problem still occur with a super simple script? Just create two or three empty pages in the visual editor to get a simple script.
  • Is your Flash the latest version?
  • Are you using an ad blocker? Try turning it off.
  • Which browser are you using?
  • Any special cookie settings or anything like that? Maybe try logging out and back in.
Snare
Chat Moderator
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by Snare »

I had this problem when I first started experimenting with NYX. It seemed to only have the problem while I was using Internet Explorer 9. Try switching your browser to Firefox or Chrome if you haven't already done so. I thought it just hated me. :lol:

Signed with a
Snare
Everything happens for a reason. ~unknown~
masterstroke
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by masterstroke »

Snare wrote:I had this problem when I first started experimenting with NYX. It seemed to only have the problem while I was using Internet Explorer 9. Try switching your browser to Firefox or Chrome if you haven't already done so. I thought it just hated me. :lol:

Signed with a
Snare
Evidently that was the problem. Downloaded Google Chrome and it seems to be working now. Bought a new computer and was using Internet Explorer. Going to use Chrome instead.

:wave: