Ratings sort bug?

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
cactusman
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Ratings sort bug?

Post by cactusman »

When I look at webteases sorted by rating
http://www.milovana.com/webteases/#sort=rating
I see two teases at the top (Not for You, rated 2.9 and Slave to your Doctor, rated 3.4) that have relatively low ratings and definitely should not be there. Is this some simple coding bug? Part of the problem may be that both of these teases have fewer than 10 ratings so far.
dtspam
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: Ratings sort bug?

Post by dtspam »

I just voted on one of the teases and that way brought it up to 10 votes and it disapeared from the top.
So you're right, the reason they appear out of order is, that they dont have 10 votes.
Probably the result of some special case for teases without 10 votes.
cactusman
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by cactusman »

Thanks, that is good to know, but it's probably best to leave at least one example that way so that the bug can be fixed :-)
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Dom (Male)
Sub/Slave(s): My serfs
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

It is my understanding this is by design.
                   let Serap0x enlightens us.

                                      this is from the thread
                                                         Rating based filtering

seraph0x wrote:Due to the increased amount of spam, we have now added a new server-side filtering feature.

It's set as follows:

- Hidden below 1.5
- Collapsed below 2.0

You can change which teases are completely removed from the results via the Advanced Search options. Registered users can change their default filter level in the new Webtease browser settings:

http://www.milovana.com/profile/webteases.php

The small print:
  • The exact settings will likely keep changing in the future and there is also a proposal for a front page redesign in the Team forum. We may change to a model like Digg or Reddit, where teases have to be discovered first before making it to the front page.
  • We are currently adding 1 to the vote count when calculating the filter. So teases with very few ratings will tend to get filtered, even if they are above the filtering threshold. Furthermore, currently no teases with less than 10 votes will get filtered at all. As I mentioned we'll tweak and debug all of this in the future.
  • The webtease browser settings currently aren't linked anywhere. We're going to test this feature for a while and eventually add a link to these settings from the Webteases section.
                                          Lord Les
                                 Be careful what you wish for!

Growing OLD Is Inevitable,
          But Growing UP... Is Optional
                    OR
                              Why do I have to stop being a KID now I can afford it.

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
cactusman
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by cactusman »

Les, I think you misunderstand the problem. I'm talking about the listing that can be found at the link I gave:
http://www.milovana.com/webteases/#sort=rating
which is the same as when you click on "Webteases" and then at the top right on "rating" (after Sort by).
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
All 2 True is head Serf

Help needed seraph0x

Post by les »

Can you explain this abnormality seraph0x ?

                                          Lord Les

                    OR

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Yeah, that makes sense. I made it so the ratings are precalculated for performance, but I needed to make sure sub-10-rating teases always pass the filter, so I just set them to always count as a rating of 5.

Fixed it by filtering out any tease with a perfect 5.0 score from the order by rating page.

Let's hope no tease ever gets rated a *perfect* 5.0 by every single user. :-P
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

Thanks
seraph0x
                                          Lord Les

                    OR

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
cactusman
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by cactusman »

seraph0x wrote:Yeah, that makes sense. I made it so the ratings are precalculated for performance, but I needed to make sure sub-10-rating teases always pass the filter, so I just set them to always count as a rating of 5.

Fixed it by filtering out any tease with a perfect 5.0 score from the order by rating page.

Let's hope no tease ever gets rated a *perfect* 5.0 by every single user. :-P
Thanks for fixing it! I'm sure no one will ever get a perfect 5 from everyone, at least not on this planet :-)
g[mx]
Explorer
Explorer

Post by g[mx] »

Another minor bug that I have since the last update: The page count in the favorites list is way to high, it says I have 298 pages of favorites, where only the first ten pages or so really contain my favorite teases.

Talking about bugs, another oddity which has been there for a long time (therefore I'm not sure weather this is a bug or not): Clicking on a tag in the tease browser opens the very old "By Tag" filter (example), instead of adding the tag to the "Advanced Search" tag filter list.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

g[mx] wrote:Another minor bug that I have since the last update: The page count in the favorites list is way to high, it says I have 298 pages of favorites, where only the first ten pages or so really contain my favorite teases.
Thanks for the report! That one we might have to live with for a bit. I turned off complex counting queries, because they are pretty slow. But once the performance issues are solved, I'll fix this. If I forget and it still bugs you, feel free to give me a knock on the head friendly reminder.
g[mx] wrote:Talking about bugs, another oddity which has been there for a long time (therefore I'm not sure weather this is a bug or not): Clicking on a tag in the tease browser opens the very old "By Tag" filter (example), instead of adding the tag to the "Advanced Search" tag filter list.
Yeah, it's always been like that, but I agree, that should be fixed as well. Another for the todo list.

(In case anyone wonders, no, my todo list is not written down anywhere, it's just sort of in my head. ;-))