Cybermistress Scripts

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
indica
Explorer
Explorer

Cybermistress Scripts

Post by indica »

This last thread on the topic (http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=86593) degenerated into the same old arguing and was locked, but I think it'd be good if people shared some of the old content they have instead of it disappearing completely.

SexScripts (http://ss.deviatenow.com/scripts.php) is cool, but converting CM scripts will only work if people can find them.

And of course, Kenneth has stated many times that sharing the program itself (as opposed to scripts) is super illegal, so don't do that. He also said that we should talk to the original author before re-sharing their work, but I don't think that's necessary, because they most likely created the work with the goal of sharing it with people and would probably be happy to see it continue to be useful.

So to start off, here's the Jewell script for Kala: http://rapidshare.com/files/369620402/Jewellv1.zip
Bandit224
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: Cybermistress Scripts

Post by Bandit224 »

Awesome! Thanks
Kenneth
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by Kenneth »

Just wanted to confirm I have nothing against sharing the content that was created for CM.
If possible, do try to get in touch with the original creator though.
I know that's not always possible. Quite a few of them are actually members here as well.

(only if I created it myself, such as the Veronica Mars series, Hannelore, Caught!, Paris/Nicky Hilton and some other stuff). Btw, as for Kala, I hope you don't have one of the crappy/buggy beta versions. :innocent:

Actually the easy syntax and its open character should make it quite easy to get a new program which runs the content. On a related note: I think the rip-off which was made before CM was shut down ("DomPlay" - google for it) might actually be able to support 90% of the content without having to tweak anything.
---

About CyberMistress, 2005-2011
The CM software is my intellectual property and no one is allowed to distribute it. Use it at your own risk, no support whatsoever. I do not mind the sharing of content which was created for it by 3rd party. My content however is not to be shared.
doti
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Dom (Male)

Post by doti »

I agree with Kenneth on respect due to previous writers.

For the direct translation to SexScripts, I let a thread on its forum here.

We start some archeology now.
Image Well, where is my whip?
My sig is your sig.
indica
Explorer
Explorer

Post by indica »

Thanks for planning to update Jewell to SexScripts, doti. That would be cool.

And I also agree with Kenneth, if you're able to ask the authors of old scripts for permission, it's best to be polite and do so, but I figure that there are more than a few cases where an author doesn't care about their stuff being shared, but also doesn't care enough to be accessible to provide permission. Also Kenneth, if you've still got the forum logs from CM, would you be averse to checking the custom content for links that still work?
Handcuffed
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Handcuffed »

If I have time, I'll make a torrent with all the scripts I can find. Would anyone except me be willing to seed?
indica
Explorer
Explorer

Post by indica »

Try mediafire (http://www.mediafire.com/) instead, I don't think you even need an account to upload, and all the scripts should be able to fit in one archive.
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Dom (Male)
Sub/Slave(s): My serfs
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

indica wrote:Try mediafire (http://www.mediafire.com/) instead, I don't think you even need an account to upload, and all the scripts should be able to fit in one archive.

With Mediafire you can put the files in a folder and share the folder.
Even with a free account.

Then it would be easy for you to expand the data as new comes to light.
Please respect Kenneth's wishes too.
                                          Lord Les
                                 Be careful what you wish for!

Growing OLD Is Inevitable,
          But Growing UP... Is Optional
                    OR
                              Why do I have to stop being a KID now I can afford it.

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
Kenneth
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Kenneth »

indica wrote:Also Kenneth, if you've still got the forum logs from CM, would you be averse to checking the custom content for links that still work?
I kept a backup for a few months, but it's one of the things I didn't transfer from my broken laptop; since by then it was clear to me that I wouldn't develop the planned .NET-version due to the usual rants/disrespect of intellectual property. The .NET-version would've been more or less a conversion from the stable Kala version, and from there on some online/"social" features would be added.

Anyhow, I'm actually happy to see that the content's being gathered. The "contact original author" is just a piece of advice, I'm pretty sure most don't mind. As for platform, I hope CM has raised the standard quite a bit compared to predecessors (PCMistress, VirtualMaster) when it comes to features and mainly a comprehensive, powerful syntax; easy for noobs and some more advanced options for power users. That should be its biggest legacy.

Just not my program and the sessions I actually wrote myself, I've learned my lesson. :closedeyes:

( I also contributed a lot to "Donatella", actually the first version was based on a draft, and for the "2.0" version I also did quite some work; but I see this as subbiew's creation).
---

The CM software is my intellectual property and no one is allowed to distribute it. Use it at your own risk, no support whatsoever. I do not mind the sharing of content which was created for it by 3rd party. My content however is not to be shared.
Banjo
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by Banjo »

As much as I strongly disagree with Kenneth's position on CM, I respect him as a once good friend too much to redistribute CM against his wishes. Having spent literally years making material for the program, however, I certainly hate the idea of my hard work vanishing forever!

As Kenneth does, I reserve the right to ask that that nobody else repost or 'convert' any of my CM work (such as 'Ashley') without first communicating with me first. However, I am more than welcoming to anybody who wants a copy of my routines and scripts, or who even wants to work with me on a conversion for another program, such as SexScripts.

On that subject, I definitely throw my support behind Doti's 'SexScripts' program, and invite any other ex-CM creators out there to do so to (I even believe the source is available!). I do hope that SS will become the big successor to CM in time; while it's much harder to work with, it's seemingly much more powerful if you know how... and for me, has the added advantage is that even if I have to learn Java/Groovy for it, if something happens to SS I still won't have wasted years of my life learning a language unique to just one program!

So anyone who ever made a script for CM or just enjoyed what that program offered while it burned so brightly, please consider dropping by the SexScripts site and giving Doti's baby a try!

PS No luck finding DomPlay online, sadly... a shame, because if it's a CM clone that runs CM content, I would be all over that! :)
Kenneth
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Kenneth »

Hm, I wanted to help you to find it Banjo.
It used to be here; I think it then moved to "Dominant-Online" dot something. Apparently the .com-domain has expired. I'll let you know if I run into it.

A lesson for any creator of similar software: keep in mind to keep it simple for non-tech-savvy people, yet powerful for those who got a grip of it ;)
---

shinrai
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by shinrai »

Hi everybody,

I've just realized, that the old cm website and the forum is gone. I'm very sorry, and I am curious about what happened. I'm glad to find this forum, as well as Kenneth, and a few familiar name too (Banjo nice to meet you too).

My big problem is, that I've had a very big collection of the old version (before Kala) scripts, and of course the program as well, but accidentally I've deleted it (I thought I had a backup copy of the archive) and I'm really annoyed about it.

Can anyone help me to find or send or share with me the program files, and the scripts? I really miss my collection, from prison break to donatella, the mistress with the workout training (I don't remember her name). I'm really really appriciate that.

Maybe Kenneth may I ask you as well helping me? I hope you have a full backup, probably larger and more complete than that I had. I respect the copyrights, and I'd like nothing but recover my collection, of the old, shared scripts (and the program) for my private entertainment.

I can provide web-storage for this, just please contact me if you can help! My mail: [email protected]
Anybody, somebody! Help me please.
Thanks,
Shinrai
Kenneth
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Kenneth »

shinrai wrote: share with me the program files
See several posts here, it's strictly forbidden. No one is allowed to distribute the actual program or *my* content. I'm not speaking for content created by others obviously.

This thread contains most information (see post #2 there); or just search the forum for "CyberMistress" ;)
---

neo36
Experimentor
Experimentor
Dom/me(s): Little Miss Jay

Post by neo36 »

you might want to try sexscript (link above in the thread).

Very promising application, a few good scripts out there already, great people always ready to help and no bad blood or drama from the "owners" this time.

If were you I'd forget about Cybermistress, it was promising but things got bad and in the end authors and contributors kinda got a slap in the face when it got shut down like it did.

I respect Kenneth's opinion and decision but I also have mine.
someone43
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by someone43 »

Sexscripts appears to be down... http://ss.deviatenow.com/ SQL error
Another one bites the dust?
Great free cam site! Lot of girls who love teasing.
Check it out: http://www.myfreecams.com

I'll even be posting brief reviews of girls who are good at it to narrow down your search! :-D