Tech Support: Chat Issues

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
pjh776
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Re: The vagaries of the Milovana chat room.

Post by pjh776 »

I totally agree with Nezhul about his opinion on "asking for private chat".

Les, if the chat system allows any user to open an unmissable window on another user's screen, [b]the chat system is buggy[/b] and needs to be fixed. If this behavior is not considered buggy (i.e., it is expected behavior), then the developers/admins are actually expressing their opinion on the matter: there's no need to publicly (or otherwise) ask permission for private chat.
Last edited by pjh776 on Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Dom (Male)
Sub/Slave(s): My serfs
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

More on private chat

This is a chat window in normal use

this is the same window when a Private Chat box appears.

Now can you see why its annoying.
Especially if you are a female subbie or Domme.
with repeated requests for Private Chatting.

Les
                                          Lord Les
                                 Be careful what you wish for!

Growing OLD Is Inevitable,
          But Growing UP... Is Optional
                    OR
                              Why do I have to stop being a KID now I can afford it.

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
pjh776
Explorer
Explorer

Post by pjh776 »

I totally understand what you are complaining about.

However, I think this is not up to you to determine what the conduct of chat users should be, especially if part of them disagree with you.

If you find it really annoying, you should send a bug report to the developers/admins, asking them to make it necessary for someone to accept private chats before receiving them, and not trying to impose your habits/costumes on other users.
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

pjh776 wrote: Les, if the chat system allows any user to open an unmissable window on another user's screen, the chat system is buggy and needs to be fixed. If this behavior is not considered buggy (i.e., it is expected behavior), then the developers/admins are actually expressing their opinion on the matter: there's no need to publicly (or otherwise) ask permission for private chat.

Do not tell me I am only showing things that I have found that make life easier with what we have got now.
please see previous posts about requests and/or ideas.

beside what do you do in real life if people keep standing in front of you demanding to talk to you while you are holding a conversation with someone else.
there is a solution that has been suggested remove all the private features altogether.

Les
                                          Lord Les

                    OR

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
pjh776
Explorer
Explorer

Post by pjh776 »

[quote]what do you do in real life if people keep standing in front of you demanding to talk to you while you are holding a conversation with someone else[/quote]

Actually, it has never happened to me. And if it happens, I don't know how I would react. Maybe I'd politely ask them to stop, and that's all. Maybe I'd punch them in the face. Maybe I'd just ignore, dunno.

However, this is totally outside the scope of Milovana's chatting system. This chat (as this site) is not at all supposed to mimic real life.

In the chat, there are some entities (developers/admins) that may actually define what the behavior of the chat system ought to be.
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

shrugs
pjh776
why are you arguing with me ?

Les
                                          Lord Les

                    OR

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
dubble
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by dubble »

It's amazing to me all the wasted time and energy spent bitching and arguing about the chatroom. It seems such a petty issue that doesn't amount to shit. Is this really worth crying about like babies? :weep: Imagine if all this time and energy was put to creative use by writing teases here (or inventing time travel! ;-) ), we would have 10+ new teases here instead of all this drama. :yes: If you don't like the chatroom, stay the fukk out! Pretty simple. Now get over it! :chair: :judge: :guns: :boxing: :chop: :tease: Quit beating the dead horse!

Broad-brush comment not directed at anyone specific: If you feel so unhappy & disgruntled with things here, why stay? Look, I'm not hating on anyone, but why can't you just shut the fukk up and get past this? Is it really worth all your crying and looking/acting like an idiot? Is it worth starting a new forum post every day about it? :no: All your bitching & whining isn't going to change it. Quit acting like a spoiled rotton 8-year-old brat! Some of you here should step out of yourselves for a moment and see how ridiculous you are acting & how asinine your comments are. It seems that the goals of some people here are to cry, bitch, complain, bring others down, and to get in the last word.

Just walk away. Don't go away mad... just go away. :wave:
Current SitRep: Chilling. Life is good.

Varium et mutabile semper femina
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

les wrote:

shrugs
pjh776

Les
What's the purpose of this thread? You wanted everyone to support you? And argueing is something you don't want to accept?
Ridiculous. :huh:
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love:
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

Nezhul wrote:
les wrote:

shrugs
pjh776

Les
What's the purpose of this thread? You wanted everyone to support you? And arguing is something you don't want to accept?
Ridiculous. :huh:

nezhul
The purpose of this thread was to highlight some quirks of our chat system and the ways I have found to make life in the room a bit easier without the admins having to stop work on other house projects and devote all their if time effort and finances on chat.

Unlike some who bemoan the tease software.
In fact nezhul you have been a champion in helping people get around the shortcomings in that area.
And I commend you for that.

So far the only people whinging about this thread seem to be people who I have never seen in chat to experience its esoteric idiosyncrasies.

Indy has pointed out a couple of features and I will investigate those before I pass any comment, despite what my initial feelings are.

Indy have you ever asked Anna about the private swamping a girl gets.
Have you ever signed on as a mistress to experience it.
I have experienced this as many thought Les a girls name.

Indy knows chat is my 'bete noire' as flash is yours nezhul'

I try for constructive adaptions based on fellow chatters opinions.
Most of my thoughts have been discussed with Indy in chat and a few implemented, some rejected as not being possible with what we have.
And yes I have researched what is available but much would involve an expenditure of obscene amounts for a FREE site
I have argued with Indy to his face if I disagree with an action until I am happy with his reasoning.
Hence almost nothing about chat gets posted in the forums, is that a mistake, shall we open up where every piece of punctuation and meaning is dissected to no furthering of the initial reasoning behind the threads instigation.
and everybodty goes away muttering

"What the fuck was all that about, mind you I got old xxxx going"

Nuff said

Les
                                          Lord Les

                    OR

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

Indigo wrote:
pjh776 wrote:I totally understand what you are complaining about.

However, I think this is not up to you to determine what the conduct of chat users should be, especially if part of them disagree with you.

If you find it really annoying, you should send a bug report to the developers/admins, asking them to make it necessary for someone to accept private chats before receiving them, and not trying to impose your habits/costumes on other users.
Bingo!

:-D

So far nobody who uses chat disagrees except Indy a male admin.
Although he admits it is a problem.
And I am only asking for a suggestion posted
not unlike the one
recently posted as an entrance read.

"Please pm or whisper Les as he loves it"

the current one says

Welcome to The Lounge at Milovana , les!
Hello, and welcome to The Lounge! Please observe basic etiquette, and use common courtesy when chatting!
Thanks, and enjoy!"

I want one similar too

Before starting Private Chat and Whispers, Please get an invite in public first!!

perhaps combine and say

Welcome to The Lounge at Milovana , les!
Please observe basic etiquette, and use common courtesy when chatting, try and get an invite before entering private chats!
Thanks, and enjoy!"

What I cannot get my head around is that it is sooooooooooo wrong to ask people to be nice and polite.
Are we trying to say you must do your darnedest to piss people off all the time with a

"Well Fuck You too "
attitude.

Will this be such a huge use of Milo resources that I am led to believe it would have taken.

Or rock the website of Milovana so hard it will crumble into obscurity 90 seconds later.

Les
Last edited by les on Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
                                          Lord Les

                    OR

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

dubble wrote:It's amazing to me all the wasted time and energy spent bitching and arguing about the chatroom. It seems such a petty issue that doesn't amount to shit. Is this really worth crying about like babies? :weep: Imagine if all this time and energy was put to creative use by writing teases here (or inventing time travel! ;-) ), we would have 10+ new teases here instead of all this drama. :yes: If you don't like the chatroom, stay the fukk out! Pretty simple. Now get over it! :chair: :judge: :guns: :boxing: :chop: :tease: Quit beating the dead horse!

Broad-brush comment not directed at anyone specific: If you feel so unhappy & disgruntled with things here, why stay? Look, I'm not hating on anyone, but why can't you just shut the fukk up and get past this? Is it really worth all your crying and looking/acting like an idiot? Is it worth starting a new forum post every day about it? :no: All your bitching & whining isn't going to change it. Quit acting like a spoiled rotton 8-year-old brat! Some of you here should step out of yourselves for a moment and see how ridiculous you are acting & how asinine your comments are. It seems that the goals of some people here are to cry, bitch, complain, bring others down, and to get in the last word.

Just walk away. Don't go away mad... just go away. :wave:

Do you use chat ?

If I don't use teases can I say that no talking about teases as it wastes time and effort ?

I started this thread as a tutorial.

Les
                                          Lord Les

                    OR

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

Sorted
no references to females whatsoever
all female members real or pretend
to have all of the following applied to them.
we shall;
KO, X out, abolish, annihilate, annul, black, black out, blot out, blue pencil, call all bets off, call off, cancel, cut, delete, discard, drop, efface, eradicate, erase, exclude, exterminate, extinguish, extirpate, gut, kayo, kill, knock off, launder, omit, raze, remove, scrub, strike out, take out, trim, wipe out, zap
them all

Les
                                          Lord Les

                    OR

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

Indigo wrote:You know, a person can actually change whether they want to accept PM's at all ...

It's under the "Options" menu at the top, right hand side of the chat menu bar.

I've looked at another option for PM's, where instead of opening a separate box, they come in as a whisper function, but I think that gets too confusing.

In the end, I'd say if you want to accept PM's, then make sure the setting is selected. If not, simply shut them off. Past that, I know that unsolicited PM's are a pain for some folks, but it's probably not going to get any better. It's just something we're going to have to live with.

:wave:

edited

Hi Indy I have researched this option.

if activated it pops up a small advice window that says such n such is sending a private message.
with the option to decline or accept and also have this decision permanent.
if the decision is permanent all future privates are treated this way from everybody
ie all blocked or all allowed.
the sender has no idea you rejected them

I was hoping it would work like the cam acceptingness
with this in mind I will recommend more testing in the chat room.
I will suggest this to fellow chatters and come back to you,
also then the entry read could have added at the end your private request may be rejected,

this entry piece does need looking into to be succinct and easily understood bye our non native English speakers.

thanks for this .

Les
                                          Lord Les

                    OR

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Problem uploading images in chat

Post by seraph0x »

Fixed.
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
All 2 True is head Serf

Re: chat issues

Post by les »

chat dead ??

Les
Attachments
chat error.JPG
chat error.JPG (7.44 KiB) Viewed 3180 times
                                          Lord Les

                    OR