To all aspiring webtease authors: What's holding you back?

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

To all aspiring webtease authors: What's holding you back?

Post by seraph0x »

Do you want to contribute a tease, but something is holding you back? Post your objections here and we'll try to find a solution together. ;-)

Are you suffering from too much work? Do you miss some creative inspiration? Is the editor too complicated?

What is it for you?

I'll start: Right now, I can't post a tease because I'm in the midst of writing a paper for my studies. But I'll upload one tomorrow, promised! :-D
stormeagle
Webtease Hero
Webtease Hero

Post by stormeagle »

I'll chip in :)

Lack of inspiration - right now I only have a few ideas for some standalone captioned pictures.

Cookie problem - I seem to have some issue with not being able to access the editor due to not being logged in, but I will investigate this further.

Formidable competition - I can't compete against the pros!
Helequin
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by Helequin »

I think stormeagle said it. When I see an awesome tease it makes me want to write one but also makes me feel like my own work couldn't possibly be that good. I am currently working on something, but it may be a while as I will rework it about 20 time before I am satisfied. :-D[/quote]
Beonopsontgut

Post by Beonopsontgut »

Greetings. Everytime I see a tease made with substandard writing I want to write my own, or at least to proofread theirs. But if I actually made a tease... I'm also something of a perfectionist. Maybe that's not so much a coincidence? But also I'd feel self-concious about what I'd written half way though and delete it all. It'd be cool if we had some sort of peer-review. I could use the encouragement, and I could lend advice to others about the use of language.
johnno240
Explorer
Explorer

Post by johnno240 »

Beonopsontgut wrote:Greetings. Everytime I see a tease made with substandard writing I want to write my own, or at least to proofread theirs. But if I actually made a tease... I'm also something of a perfectionist. Maybe that's not so much a coincidence? But also I'd feel self-concious about what I'd written half way though and delete it all. It'd be cool if we had some sort of peer-review. I could use the encouragement, and I could lend advice to others about the use of language.
Im a perfectionist aswell. It takes me weeks of looking through pictures to get a good story in my head. Then i write each page down in word while continuously looking at the pictures for that page. With the tease im writing now, im not happy with it and have kind of stopped writing because of lack of inspiration. The peer-review is a great idea but i dont know how you could do it well.. I wouldnt want to spoil the suprises or anything like that.
elvikingo
Explorer
Explorer

Post by elvikingo »

stormeagle wrote:I'll chip in :)

Lack of inspiration - right now I only have a few ideas for some standalone captioned pictures.
Maybe there could be a section for captioned pictures too?
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

elvikingo wrote:Maybe there could be a section for captioned pictures too?
If there is enough interest, everything is possible. ;-)
alpahde5
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by alpahde5 »

i dont know if you would say my teases were any good but i knocked them up pretty quickly, took me about an hour, the only constrant was having to upload pictures and actually type. but like i said i dont know if they were any good lol