excluding teases from searches

Do you think Milovana.com is perfect in every way? Hopefully not, so what can we do to improve? Every idea, suggestion or criticism is highly appreciated.
slutty1
Explorer
Explorer

excluding teases from searches

Post by slutty1 »

I was thinking that it would be nice if there were a way to exclude certain results from webtease searches. (Maybe there is a way and I'm just missing it?)

For example, I personally don't like illustrated stories, so I'd like to be able to enter something like "-no-instructions -illustrated-story" and just never see those teases in my results.

Another approach might be to add a sort of "un-favorite" or "Hide tease" button. That is, when you click that button/icon for a tease, it would no longer show up in your search results. That approach might work well for the Fifi hynosis... tease that people are complaining about.
SexualChoc
Chat Moderator
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: excluding teases from searches

Post by SexualChoc »

There aren't to many tease that I really don't like
but I do like the idea of eliminating teases you hate from searches.
The problem would be to eliminate them from ALL searches you do
so today you might look for Stroking Edging teases
and tomorrow you might want some CBT.

The other problem is this is more work for the Administrators.
But suggestions are the way this site moves; after all it was almost a year before Flash-teases could be voted on. There were several threads about it.

Maybe when they have time
and hopefully it's not to difficult.
all2true
is my other profile. see my chastity belt link :
http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16#p139016
cactusman
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by cactusman »

slutty1 wrote:I was thinking that it would be nice if there were a way to exclude certain results from webtease searches. (Maybe there is a way and I'm just missing it?)

For example, I personally don't like illustrated stories, so I'd like to be able to enter something like "-no-instructions -illustrated-story" and just never see those teases in my results.

Another approach might be to add a sort of "un-favorite" or "Hide tease" button. That is, when you click that button/icon for a tease, it would no longer show up in your search results. That approach might work well for the Fifi hynosis... tease that people are complaining about.
I fully support this suggestion. Seriously. It would be great if people could customize their experience more. It would promote more of the spirit of "live and let live". :wave:

That said, slutty1 should realize that not all authors carefully give helpful tags such as illustrated-story or no-instructions when they write such. For example, I've seen some teases that don't include a tag saying that they have a vague premise instead of a story, consist largely of a lot of video links, or show transvestites. :-)

Another problem, and this would be a suggestion for the site gurus, is that not all tags that are given appear in the listings of teases (or when showing the results of searches). So even if the tag is present, it may not be visible in the listings.
jlx666
Explorer
Explorer

Post by jlx666 »

good idea
and since i'm a developer myself, i think it shouldn't be too difficult to implement that kinda feature, which is simply almost the opposite of the favorites
tdrules
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by tdrules »

This is a great idea and I like it a lot.......

But in contrast there is also the favorite star so you could only include your favorites already.....
TDRULES
slutty1
Explorer
Explorer

Post by slutty1 »

SexualChoc wrote:The problem would be to eliminate them from ALL searches you do...
Just to clarify my idea(s), the tag-based exclusions would require the user to type in the tags to exclude each time he (or she, I suppose) did a search. One day you might want to search for "anal -cbt", the next you might want "-anal cbt."

The un-favorite idea would block the tease from all searches. Well, maybe you'd still need some way to view them (in case you had a change of heart).
SexualChoc wrote: Maybe when they have time
and hopefully it's not to difficult.
Yeah, that's the idea. It's certainly not a critical flaw, just a small inconvenience where a little added functionality would be nice to have. Since the site already has a Favorites function and a tag-based search, hopefully one of the changes I suggested would be a fairly quick enhancement. In any case, having to scroll past some teases I don't care for is a minor annoyance; the great content that's available on this site more than makes up for it.