Automatic vibrator to hold off orgasm

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: Automatic vibrator to hold off orgasm

Post by Nezhul »

well you can always try and make it a limited pre-order thing too. Like you assemple a thing and send it by mail for a certain ammount of money.

My problem with this things, however, is that I found vibration doesn't take me nowhere near orgasm, rather it makes my cock numb and almost insensitive. Discovering that after trying different sets of vibrators with different settings and yet no result made me turn myself off the idea of building such device.
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love:
Bandit224
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Bandit224 »

Nezhul wrote:well you can always try and make it a limited pre-order thing too. Like you assemple a thing and send it by mail for a certain ammount of money.

My problem with this things, however, is that I found vibration doesn't take me nowhere near orgasm, rather it makes my cock numb and almost insensitive. Discovering that after trying different sets of vibrators with different settings and yet no result made me turn myself off the idea of building such device.
I agree. However, most sex toys place the vibrator pretty far away from the cock and wiggle the device, placed at the base of the cock, or underneath the head. I've never tried placing two bullets on the side of the head before, which is the setup for this vibrator. Location is important.
PiJoy
Explorer
Explorer
Dom/me(s): Not yet
Sub/Slave(s): Not yet

Post by PiJoy »

Nezhul wrote:well you can always try and make it a limited pre-order thing too. Like you assemple a thing and send it by mail for a certain ammount of money.

----

@Nezhul,

I've thought about trying the pre-order route, and it's possible I'll eventually try that. However, selling via pre-order wouldn't get rid of the safety/product liability issues, although it would certainly help with cash flow. I've read some stories about people raising huge sums of money via kickstarter, but I'm not ready to try kickstarter or analogous pre-ordering schemes.

Before I start thinking about selling a "product," I need to transform my invention from something that I, the inventor (who knows the hardware and software inside and out) can adjust to give me a pleasurable play session into something that's usable by somebody else, without tricky adjustments or detailed knowledge of the system. Making those changes is more effort than I initially thought, but I'm continuing to work on them, with assistance a couple people who have offered to help with this phase.

One key way to make the teasing system work better is to gather sensor data and use that info to (a) adjust the parameters of the current "tantalization" system or (b) use that info to evaluate new and different "tantalization" systems. So data collection is a key aspect of this phase of development. What works well for one person is probably diferent from what works best for another. There's some research that suggests that a different method for estimating closeness-to-orgasm for women might be needed vs. the one I've used so far on my (male) self. I'm changing the way I do data-logging, to make it more robust, convenient and handle higher sampling rates and multiple users. For this iteration of the system, I'll use the collected data offline to improve the tantalization. In future design iterations, it may be possible to make the system learn/adapt while in use, although it's too early to tell.

See below re vibrator options and possibly even a non-vibrator option.

----
Bandit224 wrote:I agree. However, most sex toys place the vibrator pretty far away from the cock and wiggle the device, placed at the base of the cock, or underneath the head. I've never tried placing two bullets on the side of the head before, which is the setup for this vibrator. Location is important.
@Bandit224,

You're correct that my current vibrator for male teasing uses two small vibrators held to the sides of the cock head. That works for me, but may not for other guys. As you said, location is important -- very important. I find that a little vibration in just the right place goes a long way! Other male users may need a different design. Of course, the vibe for women is totally different. However, I've made these different vibes all behave the same electrically, so finding out which one works best may be as easy as plug and play (or so I hope.) It should be straightforward to adapt most two-battery toys to the teasing system.

One thing that I'm pretty sure will help many non-vibe-appreciators enjoy my system is that it isn't limited to just on/off or even speed variations. Randomization of stimulus is a powerful method of making a stimulus more effective; this has been proven by a number of studies, and is applicable to sex toys. As Franklin Veaux has described in his "The Mathematics of Sex Toys" series of blog posts (see http://tacit.livejournal.com/214115.html as the starting point) randomization keeps the sensory system from "getting used to" a stimulus, thus focusing more attention on the stimulus. From the comments on his blogs (as well as other info online), I'm not the only person who finds such randomization really makes the feeling much more arousing.

Making my teasing system work for guys who don't get off on any sort of vibrator is a harder task, and not currently on my main development path. However, based on info and code from the estimable Qdot, http://slashdong.org/2012/05/29/real-to ... en-source/ it may be possible to satisfy (or more accurately, tantalize) guys who get off more with something like the RealTouch device.

As a separate project, I'm working on a "smart" (multi-mode) controller for a Hitachi Magic Wand. Currently, it has three modes (speed control, ramp up/down and randomized.) However, I can add a "controlled by external signal" mode pretty easily. The combination of the teasing system integrated with Hitachi control should work even for those who are "power users." ;-)
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Dom (Male)
Sub/Slave(s): My serfs
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

Bandit224 wrote:
However, most sex toys place the vibrator pretty far away from the cock and wiggle the device, placed at the base of the cock, or underneath the head. I've never tried placing two bullets on the side of the head before, which is the setup for this vibrator. Location is important.

Two vibrators that close should set up some interesting harmonics.
Have fun
                                          Lord Les
                                 Be careful what you wish for!

Growing OLD Is Inevitable,
          But Growing UP... Is Optional
                    OR
                              Why do I have to stop being a KID now I can afford it.

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
Bandit224
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Bandit224 »

PiJoy wrote: Making my teasing system work for guys who don't get off on any sort of vibrator is a harder task, and not currently on my main development path. However, based on info and code from the estimable Qdot, http://slashdong.org/2012/05/29/real-to ... en-source/ it may be possible to satisfy (or more accurately, tantalize) guys who get off more with something like the RealTouch device.
RealTouch is awesome. I don't think it will actually be much harder than a development path for females. The general start/stop/change speed commands sent to a vibrator shouldn't be much different than the commands of RealTouch, so conversion shouldn't be too difficult. The sensors would have to be anal though, as the RealTouch would literally rub off any penile sensors.

Stick to your main development path though. The dual vibrator approach is easily much more affordable, and should be pretty interesting.
Nezhul
Experimentor
Experimentor

Post by Nezhul »

I dont really like the idea behind realtouch though. Too large, and seems like a lube-waster. Maybe I'm wrong.
Check out my new site, and read SexTV story there!
Also I have the DARK section that features feature Erotic Horror.
I also launched a SubscribeStar recently! Please come check it out!
Updated whenever I feel like it. :wave: :love:
PiJoy
Explorer
Explorer

Post by PiJoy »

les wrote:

Two vibrators that close should set up some interesting harmonics.
Have fun

Les,

My original K.I.S.S. plan is to have both vibes for the male version driven by the same (PWM) output channel, and make the female vibe be a single, higher power (egg) vibe. My teasing system is complex enough as is.

I can see the temptation to eventually upgrade a later release of the loaner unit to two vibe channels. I have un-allocated PWM channels, and the driver circuitry is simple, mainly an NPN darlington with integral protection diode. PWM is not the same as closed-loop speed control. However if the vibes are sufficiently similar, electrically and mechanically (and close to each other), then setting the two channels’ PWM levels close but not equal might produce interesting beat frequencies as they go into/out of phase.

So for now, I’m going to allocate space for a second channel of vibe on both the used-pin map and on the circuit board. That will make the upgrade easier, without complicating/delaying release of the alpha unit for testing. Does anybody feel that more than two channels of vibrator would help significantly beyond two? I’d be interested to hear how you’d intend to use more than two of them.
PiJoy
Explorer
Explorer

Post by PiJoy »

Bandit224 wrote:
RealTouch is awesome. I don't think it will actually be much harder than a development path for females. The general start/stop/change speed commands sent to a vibrator shouldn't be much different than the commands of RealTouch, so conversion shouldn't be too difficult. The sensors would have to be anal though, as the RealTouch would literally rub off any penile sensors.

Stick to your main development path though. The dual vibrator approach is easily much more affordable, and should be pretty interesting.
Re RealTouch,

If I were using a PC, instead of a stand-alone unit, then using the PC's USB-host mode hardware and software ought to be doable, via Qdot's RealTouch code. However, I don't have USB host capability on my stand-alone controller, only USB device mode. So RealTouch isn't really on my development path, right now. However, I might add Hitachi control in a later version. I have a stand-alone Hitachi controller prototype, but for the first released-to-others version, I'm steering clear of 120 VAC.
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Dom (Male)
Sub/Slave(s): My serfs
All 2 True is head Serf

Post by les »

@ PiJoy
maybe a resistor of an ohm or so to drop the current by a few milliamps in the supply line of one of the vibrators will create that effect.

That should be K.I.S.S enough.
                                          Lord Les
                                 Be careful what you wish for!

Growing OLD Is Inevitable,
          But Growing UP... Is Optional
                    OR
                              Why do I have to stop being a KID now I can afford it.