Windows changes slow

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
lowielowieke
Explorer
Explorer

Windows changes slow

Post by lowielowieke »

Everytime I'm on this site viewing a webtease, it takes me 30 secs to a minute for the window to change. Even when I'm viewing the forums it takes that long. I have this problem with Mozilla Firefox as well as internet explorer I have the latest version of both.

By the way your site is great with or without this problem.
what we do in life, echoes in eternity
cbtslavemale
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by cbtslavemale »

gotta agree I have noticed a slowly down of pages loading on the site past few days...am guessing if there is a problem admin will be tryin to sort it :-)
dark
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dark »

I think it's our host. I already recognized it some weeks ago. We also have complete downtimes sometimes. It was short but for some minutes the site was not reachable for a couple of times.

What can we do about? Talking to the host or change the host, but never forget who pays the bill every month. I understand your problem but please also understand that we don't have the fastest and best premium host.

Another point is that the law of the country where our host is must be comfortable and suit to our expactations of an offer and not every provider likes to host sexual content. So we can't choose the fastest host. We have to think about more things than only speed.

It's not perfect but the most of the time the speed is ok, I think.

edit: I had to edit my post because of a mistake and it took 20 seconds until my post was loaded. Ok I agree that is too much ;-)
havemercy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by havemercy »

And I thought it was my broadband connection.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

http://milovana.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3286#3286

It's not our host btw. :-P

We are hosted at Leaseweb, who have one of the best connected datacenters in Europe, period. Probably one of the fastest in the world. For the techies among you: Leaseweb Network (That's a 103 Gbit/s connection if you add it up, lol :lol: - Of course the actual speed our server is getting is limited by it's own network card and connection within the datacenter obviously.)

But our page is in PHP and probably not overly optimized PHP. Combine that with a less-than-awesome CPU and you got yourself a performance problem. ;-)

We'll do our best to improve, but please understand that our resources as a free site are somewhat limited.