How about a "Teases in Progress" forum?

Do you think Milovana.com is perfect in every way? Hopefully not, so what can we do to improve? Every idea, suggestion or criticism is highly appreciated.
Vinny Vodka
Explorer
Explorer

How about a "Teases in Progress" forum?

Post by Vinny Vodka »

I imagine such a forum could be useful for those who are working on teases and would like early feedback or assistance from the community on them. The idea being that prior to releasing the tease to be viewed, rated, and eventually forgotten about by the community at large; the author could allow the tease to be viewed in beta form by a small group of people who see it on that forum. Then the author can correct problems or make adjustments prior to publishing.

Possible uses include...
1. Having others help you with grammar, spelling, and phrasing things in English (for those who happen to not have it as their primary language).
2. Gathering opinions on what direction the storyline could go, which models fit best, or anything else about the tease prior to fully releasing it.
3. Getting technical support when attempting to modify the code in a flash tease.
4. Having people point out anything you missed or perhaps tell you something you'd probably want to know before publishing. ---(For example, I just saw a flash tease that had a 20 minute timer on one page. To me as a reader, a 20 minute timer on one page just isn't acceptable. For the purposes of this example only, let's assume that's true of the majority of Milovanians. Had I seen the tease in a Tease in Progress forum I definitely would have advised the author against such a long timer. Others voice their opinions as well, and then the author makes his artistic choice on what to do with his tease, with some idea of how his choice might effect others opinions of his work. Since no Tease in Progress forum exists what has happened instead is that the author has published the tease and the feedback has come in the form of low ratings, right now it rates a 2.6. The author may have no idea why it rates as low as it does and doesn't understand that 20 minutes on 1 pages is so unacceptable to so many of us - again, for example purposes only. He might not care at all and would be all too happy to reduce that timer down if he knew that was the issue. But instead, he just sees that people didn't like his tease much and has to try and guess why.)---

In addition to these uses; I imagine others would find ways to use the forum if it existed. This would be a little trickier than just adding a new forum because some means of letting people preview others' teases would need to be set up as well. But I think it'd be worth the effort as I believe the end result would be an overall improvement in the quality of teases which are released as well as a greater number of teases getting finished that otherwise would not be due to the author getting stuck at some point.
les
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Dom (Male)
Sub/Slave(s): My serfs
All 2 True is head Serf

Re: How about a "Teases in Progress" forum?

Post by les »

I have found over the years that
A second opinion will flesh out mistakes that are overlooked by the author.
As he/she becomes blinded by the whole and overlooks the minutia
And vice versa.
Unable to see the Wood for the Trees.

Les
                                          Lord Les
                                 Be careful what you wish for!

Growing OLD Is Inevitable,
          But Growing UP... Is Optional
                    OR
                              Why do I have to stop being a KID now I can afford it.

                                
                                                                                                                                                   
SexualChoc
Chat Moderator
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by SexualChoc »

As a person that has written tease with a Long timer
All Day Series (as all2true)
Actually I was the First to do long timers! :-P
The point of which was to FORCE you to do something else and leave the tease running!
(So it would actually take all day)

And I STILL say Qwert 's original tease
With typos and poor gramer was actually more interesting than it corrected
It had a foreign feel. However the author Wanted to change his tease, actually asked for help so I did assist with some grammer editting.

I do appreciate you offering help.
But be careful editing can come at the cost of creativity.
I am always in favor of creativity!
Just my option.
I do appreciate what you are saying though because there are others
who apparently have An English grammar teacher as a Dom.
all2true
is my other profile. see my chastity belt link :
http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic ... 16#p139016
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Good suggestion! But we've long fared well with our policy to not split stuff up into lots of forums. That just forces people to check all the forums in order to find the interesting threads.

So my suggestion would be: Use the Art of Webteasing forum. It's the right place for all webteases - past, present and future. :)
Vinny Vodka
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Vinny Vodka »

So then, is there going to be a way for authors to let others see their teases before they are published?
camel
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by camel »

I like the idea, but I'm afraid of it.

If I understand correctly, then in addition to "Draft" (hidden) and "Published" (visible) you are arguing for a different status called "Beta" or something, that means it should be available to all users but hidden from the main list of webteases, right?

There have been previous feature requests for private teases that only specific people could see, for beta-testing purposes and other purposes, has been discussed before, and consciously decided against, because it does the site more good to NOT have this feature.

I'd ONLY vote for a "Beta" status if there was a way to view the list of beta teases, and the beta status automatically changed to "publish" after, say, a month... or some other way to prevent the problem of
1) a backlog of beta teases, and
2) people making private, unlisted teases. Today's lurkers are tomorrow's participants, so the lack of a "private tease" feature is better.
Vinny Vodka
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Vinny Vodka »

camel wrote:I'd ONLY vote for a "Beta" status if there was a way to view the list of beta teases, and the beta status automatically changed to "publish" after, say, a month... or some other way to prevent the problem of
1) a backlog of beta teases, and
2) people making private, unlisted teases. Today's lurkers are tomorrow's participants, so the lack of a "private tease" feature is better.
I guess I was envisioning a list of beta teases when I suggested the idea. I hadn't considered the backlog issue, but I can see pulling a tease off of the list after a period of time if the author hasn't already published it. I don't agree with auto-publishing them though, as that takes control of a tease out of it's authors hands. I know I wouldn't like it if a tease I had in beta auto-published on me before I finished it.

As far as the private teases go, I think that would be a seperate idea from a beta-tease. My first thought on that one is that I'd probably favor the site at least trying it out to see what the effect of it would be. My guess is that it probably wouldn't hurt the site much if at all and some people would enjoy it, (although I personally wouldn't be much interested in private teases). If the concern is that there will be fewer teases publicly available due to the private ones, then perhaps a compromise could be reached where a person can make 1 private tease for every public tease they've made which rates higher than 3.5 after 100 or more votes. That way, in order to make a private tease one must also give to the community first.
camel wrote:I like the idea, but I'm afraid of it.
You can rest your fears. Judging by his reply, Seraphox only half read the original idea in the first place before essentially patting me on the head and telling me to run along. I don't think there's any danger of him implementing it.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Vinny Vodka wrote:I don't think there's any danger of him implementing it.
Think again! :-D

Announcement: New feature - Private teases
Vinny Vodka
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Vinny Vodka »

See Camel? Just like I said, there's no danger of...

WHAAAAAA? :yikes:

I have to admit it Seraphox, I definitely didn't see that one coming. Three cheers to Milovana.com and it's new private teases feature! :clap: :clap: :clap:
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

What can I say - your textbook usage of reverse psychology deserved to be rewarded. :-)
camel
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by camel »

:lol: