TOTY: Teases of the Year

Do you think Milovana.com is perfect in every way? Hopefully not, so what can we do to improve? Every idea, suggestion or criticism is highly appreciated.
Human
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

TOTY: Teases of the Year

Post by Human »

TOTM is a great concept; I was wondering if we could also have a teases of the year in which the 12 highest rated teases of the past year enter into a seperate contest and the top 3 win ?

It would be a great way to revisit the old teases.
:love: :love: :love: Stoya :love: :love: :love:                 :love: :love: :love: Denisa Heaven :love: :love: :love:
:love: :love: :love: Blue Angel :love: :love: :love:                 :love: :love: :love: Caprice :love: :love: :love:
Incubo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: TOTY: Teases of the Year

Post by Incubo »

To my knowledge, this has been suggested several times before, but it never really gets off the ground.
If I remember correctly there's two main concerns about it. Number one, being how exactly to impliment it. Use the 12 teases of the month, or go through every tease posted through out the year? Are we lumping together flash teases with regular ones? Are we going to average rating, or by number of votes, or by number of views? Some teases are created witht he intent that you view them more than once, while others are only meant to be read once. Then there's the concern that some appeal to certain kinks and others do not. Should they be considered in the same light?

Most of all, I think the BIG problem here, is a matter of effort.
No matter what methods we agree on, someone is going to have to go out there and do all the work.
Finding which teases have the most views or votes, or highest ratings from the last year, whatever we decided was a fair way. That's a LOT of teases to look through just to compile the list of candidates to be voted on.
Human
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Human »

Incubo wrote: Most of all, I think the BIG problem here, is a matter of effort.
No matter what methods we agree on, someone is going to have to go out there and do all the work.
Finding which teases have the most views or votes, or highest ratings from the last year, whatever we decided was a fair way. That's a LOT of teases to look through just to compile the list of candidates to be voted on.

Cant it be done automatically with a script ?

To answer some of your questions, yes, all teases would be lumped together and it would not just be the TOTM winners.
:love: :love: :love: Stoya :love: :love: :love:                 :love: :love: :love: Denisa Heaven :love: :love: :love:
:love: :love: :love: Blue Angel :love: :love: :love:                 :love: :love: :love: Caprice :love: :love: :love:
alchemi183
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by alchemi183 »

Well, yeah, there kinda is a script for that already. On the main webteases page, you can sort by rating. I do it all the time to revisit some of the best all-time teases. If you pick the top one from a given 12-month period, then you can already pick a TOTY winner automatically without even needing to vote, because essentially the rating system is already a way to vote.

Of course, I think Human is suggesting something a little more social and interactive. I guess it's interesting to know how our tastes and votes stack up against the other voters.

I can understand why this hasn't been done yet though, mostly for all the reasons Incubo mentioned.
Evals
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by Evals »

alchemi183 wrote:Well, yeah, there kinda is a script for that already. On the main webteases page, you can sort by rating. I do it all the time to revisit some of the best all-time teases. If you pick the top one from a given 12-month period, then you can already pick a TOTY winner automatically without even needing to vote, because essentially the rating system is already a way to vote.
Following that logic, there's really no reason to have even a Tease of the Month, even.
Evals
Incubo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Incubo »

Human wrote: Cant it be done automatically with a script ?

To answer some of your questions, yes, all teases would be lumped together and it would not just be the TOTM winners.
No no....let me clarify....these aren't "my" questions.
Just some of the questions I remember coming up in previous discussions about this.

I personally don't really have an opinion on the matter for or against such an idea.
Human
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Human »

alchemi183 wrote: Of course, I think Human is suggesting something a little more social and interactive.
Quite. TOTM is a great concept to recognize the work of the authors. TOTY is more of something for the milovana community to visit the teases past, to vote again, to reminisce.
alchemi183
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by alchemi183 »

Evals wrote:
alchemi183 wrote:Well, yeah, there kinda is a script for that already. On the main webteases page, you can sort by rating. I do it all the time to revisit some of the best all-time teases. If you pick the top one from a given 12-month period, then you can already pick a TOTY winner automatically without even needing to vote, because essentially the rating system is already a way to vote.
Following that logic, there's really no reason to have even a Tease of the Month, even.
What logic? I was just pointing out that it shouldn't take a lot of work to pick the nominees, not that there shouldn't be a TOTM or TOTY.
Evals
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by Evals »

You described in your post a method to pick a TOTY winner, not the nominees - that's what I was referring to.
Evals