Giving authors more details on tease ratings

Do you think Milovana.com is perfect in every way? Hopefully not, so what can we do to improve? Every idea, suggestion or criticism is highly appreciated.
cactusman
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Giving authors more details on tease ratings

Post by cactusman »

Not urgent, but it would be nice to give authors more details on the ratings of their teases in the editor. In particular, it would be nice to know how many ratings a tease has had. I know cumhardy also wanted to have this kind of information, and it's available in the RSS feed when your tease is among the latest 10 teases posted to the site, so it does exist...
Incubo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Re: Giving authors more details on tease ratings

Post by Incubo »

Personally, I don't think it matters.
We can see how many views it has had and the overall rating. Don't think we really need more than that.
cactusman
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by cactusman »

Incubo wrote:Personally, I don't think it matters.
We can see how many views it has had and the overall rating. Don't think we really need more than that.
But the number of views only tells how many times someone looked at the first page. If you have written a long tease, and I've done several over 300 pages, some even more than 400 pages, then you might like to know how many people are stopping before the end and thus not rating it...
Incubo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by Incubo »

Knowing how many ratings your tease recieved doesn't necessarily tell you that either.

How many times do folks read all the way through and still don't rate it? I don't know, but I'd bet it's a significant number.

How many times does the same person read it and can't rate it again because they already have? Again, I don't know, but I'd bet it's a significant number too.

Just my own opinion here, but I don't see why it matters. I spend my time worrying about my writing, not my rating.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

cactusman wrote:Not urgent, but it would be nice to give authors more details on the ratings of their teases in the editor. In particular, it would be nice to know how many ratings a tease has had. I know cumhardy also wanted to have this kind of information, and it's available in the RSS feed when your tease is among the latest 10 teases posted to the site, so it does exist...
Thanks for the suggestion. I've now added a feature where you can mouseover the stars display in the webtease list and it'll tell you how many votes the rating is based on.

Evals has raised a valid but separate point, so I've split his post into it's own thread.
cactusman
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by cactusman »

seraph0x wrote:
cactusman wrote:Not urgent, but it would be nice to give authors more details on the ratings of their teases in the editor. In particular, it would be nice to know how many ratings a tease has had. I know cumhardy also wanted to have this kind of information, and it's available in the RSS feed when your tease is among the latest 10 teases posted to the site, so it does exist...
Thanks for the suggestion. I've now added a feature where you can mouseover the stars display in the webtease list and it'll tell you how many votes the rating is based on.

Evals has raised a valid but separate point, so I've split his post into it's own thread.
Thanks for adding this new feature, I appreciate it.