HTML5 instead of flash?

Do you think Milovana.com is perfect in every way? Hopefully not, so what can we do to improve? Every idea, suggestion or criticism is highly appreciated.
cactusman
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

HTML5 instead of flash?

Post by cactusman »

Is it possible to redo the flash tease editor to allow the making of HTML5 scripts instead of flash? That would allow flash-like teases that could be viewed on Apple devices like iPhones and iPads...
Evals
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Re: HTML5 instead of flash?

Post by Evals »

Haha... If you're into web development, it's a rather interesting to look at the suggestion from an outside perspective. Just all the drama going on between Apple and Adobe. Anyways, I think there are far more people with browsers in use that can't support the HTML5 standard right now if the flash was dropped in favor of the few people trying to view the teases on their iphones and ipads.
Evals
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Thanks for the suggestion!

We are in fact working on this. :-)
Evals
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Evals »

Javascript's even better. :D
Evals
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Evals wrote:Javascript's even better. :D
Just to clarify, when cactusman was suggesting HTML5 he meant JavaScript using HTML5 features.

The choice is between HTML5/JavaScript, Flash/ActionScript and perhaps Silverlight/.NET. The only truly open platform is HTML5 and that openness is a strong argument.
cactusman
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by cactusman »

seraph0x wrote:
Just to clarify, when cactusman was suggesting HTML5 he meant JavaScript using HTML5 features.

The choice is between HTML5/JavaScript, Flash/ActionScript and perhaps Silverlight/.NET. The only truly open platform is HTML5 and that openness is a strong argument.
it's interesting that you are working on it already and I applaud that. I didn't know about the technical details.
Evals
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Evals »

cactusman wrote:
seraph0x wrote:

it's interesting that you are working on it already and I applaud that. I didn't know about the technical details.
Me neither, apparently now!
Evals