FB RoboMistress

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
masterstroke
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

FB RoboMistress

Post by masterstroke »

Looking for feedback on RoboMistress tease.

Two questions:

1. Was the voice speed too fast? (The clips could have been a bit longer).

2. Should the instructions also be included in text? This would be mainly for persons whose second language is English. (One person liked the tease but thought I should include the instructions in text because his primary language was not English).

Thanks,

:wave:
subspirit
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Re: FB RoboMistress

Post by subspirit »

:w00t: Awesome!! Worked perfect. Great tease, thank you!!
dtspam
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by dtspam »

The voice speed was fine and I was quite able to understand it, even though English is my second language. These computer generated voices are absolutely clear and pronounce everything by the book. So I guess if one is able to understand spoken english at all, he'll be able to understand that.
To have the same instructions be included in the text would have distracted me from the voice. Usually you can read a text much faster than someone could read it aloud, thus I would have read (most of) the text before the voice even started.
The voice has almost no emotion. The tease would probably work better, if you would really make use of that fact. For example you could have a really bored mistress, some instructor in a clinic that just does a job, commands coming from a tape or from some machine only programmed by the mistress.
You titled the tease RoboMistress but you didn't really develop this idea.
Oh, and it would've been nice, if the tease were new. I did the original version just the day before yesterday ;-)
littlewhiston
Explorer
Explorer

Post by littlewhiston »

I loved this tease. Worked really well and the pictures were great. Really good job. Well done :-D
masterstroke
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by masterstroke »

Your points are valid. I'm assuming the original version you are referring to is "Be My Slut" http://www.milovana.com/webteases/showflash.php?id=5843. There's not much difference between "RoboMistress" and "Be My Slut". The beginning, end, and toys are the same. However, the stroking sequence and method of cumming are different although not that much different. I thought about that issue when I was writing the tease and decided there was a enough difference between the teases. Then again, there's not much difference between a hamburger and a cheeseburger. Also, "Be My Slut" seems to be one of my more popular teases. I was planning a sequel to "Be My Slut" anyway so I decided base "RoboMistress" off of it. Did I overuse the tease "Be My Slut"? Probably.

The text to speech voice is a poor substitute for a real voice. I tried a voice changer and didn't have any success with it. The Mistress is supposed to be cyborg. The name "RoboMistress" is combination of Robot Mistress. In addition, there was a movie called "RoboCop". Those references probably aren't apparent to everyone since the movie came out in 1987. I will admit pop culture ignorance on that one. A line or two in the introduction would have helped. :yes:

Finally, I did a test page with text and came to the same conclusion you did - adding text would be distracting.
dtspam wrote:The voice speed was fine and I was quite able to understand it, even though English is my second language. These computer generated voices are absolutely clear and pronounce everything by the book. So I guess if one is able to understand spoken english at all, he'll be able to understand that.
To have the same instructions be included in the text would have distracted me from the voice. Usually you can read a text much faster than someone could read it aloud, thus I would have read (most of) the text before the voice even started.
The voice has almost no emotion. The tease would probably work better, if you would really make use of that fact. For example you could have a really bored mistress, some instructor in a clinic that just does a job, commands coming from a tape or from some machine only programmed by the mistress.
You titled the tease RoboMistress but you didn't really develop this idea.
Oh, and it would've been nice, if the tease were new. I did the original version just the day before yesterday ;-)
dtspam
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by dtspam »

I really enjoyed the tease, maybe that didn't come out very clearly in my comment ;-) It's fine that you used "Be My Slut" again, I just like the felling in a tease, that I don't know what happens next. But it was worth doing it twice.

I like the cyborg idea (it's probably hard to find appropriate fetish pictures with that suit that RoboCop has... ;-), I just thought, it would make the character more convincing, if you dwell a bit on that. I usually enjoy teases the most, that have that kind of background story.
masterstroke
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by masterstroke »

I'm glad you enjoyed the tease. I also assumed you enjoyed it enough to comment on it. My philosophy is if you're requesting feedback you have to accept the bad with the good. The feedback not only helps me, but it also helps others who are also writing teases.

I normally don't ask for feedback on a tease because I can usually tell if a tease is working by the number of views it has received. However, using text to speech for instructions in an entire tease was a new venture so I thought I should get another perspective. Your feedback was informative.

There had been discussions about adding voices to teases but for one reason or another no one has attempted it.
http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic ... 924#p49924

Mistress Kristina has one tease with audio but not in a flash tease. There's also a few teases with some voices in them.

Mistress Whisperz has also offered to lend her voice to a tease.
http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic ... ice#p52153

Hopefully, someone will expand the concept. I'm surprised no one has attempted a verbal humiliation tease with a text to speech program. It's not a perfect solution but in the proper context I think someone could do it. I'm not into verbal humiliation so I couldn't write the tease.

As for the cyborg concept, a cyborg mistress wouldn't need to look like RoboCop.
http://chud.com/articles/content_images/5/robocop.jpg

She could look like the cyborg in Terminator 3. Then any model would work.
http://yesilvadi.files.wordpress.com/20 ... tor3tx.jpg

I was going to use models wearing latex suits but I couldn't get the right look and feel so I used Kayden Kross instead.

Once again, thanks for your feedback. :wave:
dtspam wrote:I really enjoyed the tease, maybe that didn't come out very clearly in my comment ;-) It's fine that you used "Be My Slut" again, I just like the felling in a tease, that I don't know what happens next. But it was worth doing it twice.

I like the cyborg idea (it's probably hard to find appropriate fetish pictures with that suit that RoboCop has... ;-), I just thought, it would make the character more convincing, if you dwell a bit on that. I usually enjoy teases the most, that have that kind of background story.
masterstroke
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by masterstroke »

I used Naturalsoft Natural Reader Professional which is about $100. http://www.naturalreaders.com/
It includes four voices - two male and two female. It also has a feature which converts the file to an mp3 or wav file which you will need. It also has a tool that allows you to insert pauses to make the voice sound more "natural."

I recorded the metronome from the click track feature on my synthesizer into the sound recorder program on my laptop because I couldn't find a metronome speed of 60 beats per minute. Then I converted the wav file into an mp3 file. If you don't need a metronome speed that slow you can download metronome files from sites such as reztronics. http://www.reztronics.com/prod01.htm

If you're doing only voice instructions or metronome sounds you can upload the mp3 files into NYX and start writing.

If you're doing two sounds such as voice and metronome, you'll need an audio mixing program. I used a free program called Audacity. http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ If you use Audacity, you'll also need a free program called lame.exe to encode the file. The site has instructions on how to do that. I'm sure there's also other free audio mixing programs out there.

I also wish we could vote on Flash Teases. However, until that time comes, Flash Tease enthusiasts will have to settle for the FTOTM.

Thanks for your input. Good luck on your Flash Tease adventure. :wave:

[/quote="miller"]Just wanted to chime in and say that I also enjoyed the tease. I really wish we could all vote on Flash teases, but that's another topic. In terms of your questions, I thought the voice speed was fine and also was fine with the instructions being audio-only. I liked that it forced a slower pace to the delivery of the instructions.

I also agree with dtspam's point about including a little more explanation of why the hot blonde has a robot voice. As you said, the backstory was sort of implied by the tease's title, but a page or two of explanation would've been nice.

Just curious... what tools did you use for the text-to-speech and for the metronome audio? I'm quite fond of audio in teases, and yours has given me an idea. Perhaps I'll venture into the world of Flash teases in the near future...[/quote]
fraction
Explorer
Explorer

Post by fraction »

Super tease , hope more people get to experiment with voice. It s a nice add on! Keep up the nice work!
masterstroke
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by masterstroke »

Try Speakonia.

http://download.cnet.com/Speakonia/3000 ... 25328.html

I don't know how "realistic" it is.I'm sure there are others.
miller wrote:Thanks for the info. I've used Audacity before. In fact, it has it's own feature for making metronome sounds (called a click track or something), but yours sounded better. I'll have to look around for a free text-to-voice option. I vaguely recall seeing a website that would do short conversions for free...
masterstroke
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by masterstroke »

Changed the introduction. RoboMistress is now "the Artificial Intelligence AI 100C (C designating Caucasion Model) RoboMistress a cyborg designed to assist you in fulfilling your desires."

Thanks for the insight.

Hopefully, the change didn't create any additional programming bugs.
donald
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by donald »

wow, love the tease !!
great work !!
magmabd
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by magmabd »

Great tease! Love it!
Please do something for bondage ;-)

thanks for your work.
rbtheservant
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by rbtheservant »

This tease was incredible!!!!! You have really advanced teases to the next level. I love the creativity and hope you continue with these. I have been away from Milovana for a long while but I think I may have caught the bug again from doing this tease.

Thank you!!!!
RB the servant
"The more complex the mind, the greater the need for the simplicity of play"
jakebullet
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by jakebullet »

Great job with this tease, I was surprised how well it worked.

In terms of the speed I'd say it might have been a little quick but I still managed with it fine. Having said that I am a native English speaker.

I'm not sure about the text, I found the lack of it compared with other teases to make it more interesting and exciting to follow.