Who Saw Sophia? (sf-bay people)

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
SophiaStafford
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Who Saw Sophia? (sf-bay people)

Post by SophiaStafford »

This Halloween season, I attended a local (SF Bay-area) event at which someone recognized me as "Sophia" for the first time. I knew this was bound to happen eventually, and I was open to the possibility that it might happen at the event in question.

So when someone did recognize me, it was welcome-- my companions were a nice assortment of friends, all but one of of whom already knew about Toxic Treat, and that's who you want to be then when you're recognized. (as opposed to say, having dinner with your grandmother, which would probably be one of the less fun scenarios)

So yes-- it was fun. It was simultaneously adorable and comical, far more perfect than I might have expected a year and a half ago when I first decided to show pictures of myself on Toxic Treat. Fun fact-- nothing intimidates your companions as much as having a complete stranger recognize you (albeit under another name) and talk about you as if you're a celebrity.

Several days later, someone pointed out that most people who recognized me probably wouldn't ever have found the courage to come up and talk to me-- to openly admit they're a fan and reveal that information to a group of strangers. And so if one person saw recognized me and came up and said hello, there may have been others who saw me but wimped out.

So, in order to gauge my current fame level, I am putting out a request for anyone else who saw me. I have created a "reward" that will be given to people who saw me. (obviously, you'll have to furnish enough details to prove you were really there and saw me) Bonus points if you have pictures of me in my costume (but don't worry other, we took plenty of pictures before even embarking upon the expedition).

If you saw me, privately email me at [email protected] to claim your reward. Tell me where you saw me and what I was dressed as, and you will be well rewarded for your vigilance.

Sophia

also coming very soon--
* Survey results
* New survey (much shorter)
* Photo assignment contest results (winner have been chosen)
* A new photo contest will be announced toward's week's end.
Toxic Treat -- what you crave is toxic.
eternal_ache
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Re: Who Saw Sophia? (sf-bay people)

Post by eternal_ache »

Were you at something like the Exotic Erotic Ball?.....Folsom Street Fair

If it was the street fair, I was there and may even have taken your picture.
SophiaStafford
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by SophiaStafford »

eternal_ache wrote:Were you at something like the Exotic Erotic Ball?.....Folsom Street Fair

If it was the street fair, I was there and may even have taken your picture.
If all would please reply _privately_, to [email protected]
Toxic Treat -- what you crave is toxic.
dark
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dark »

You are not the first female user of Milovana who was recognized in her local area. I will not tell her name but she wasn't so happy about. Though it happened nothing bad and as far as I know she has never seen him again. It's great you took it as a positive experience. It shows you are standing 100% behind what you do and delivers a kind of authentic touch :-)
Try or die
Timshel
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by Timshel »

<chuckle> I think it had little to with this site, and more her own. Although if you don't want to be recognized don't use your real picture. Isn't that obvious?
Princess Raquel
TOTM Author
TOTM Author

Post by Princess Raquel »

Actually to set the record straight about the person whom noticed me. It was the sametime that I was utilizing craigslist, and I wanted to meet this person for some fun, but unfortunately they declined because they were married. Now this was a long time ago and I have actually spoken to them as of a couple days ago on yahoo.

In a different situation, what freaks me out is when people come to my work and start begging me in front of my co-workers and managers... that is my lively hood to survive. I don't need to be getting fired cause of some crazy person.

The moral of the story is guy-1 was from Milovana, and Guy-2 was from ALT.com. Now anyone can <chuckle> all they want to, but it was my webteases that had my pictures available for all. My website was restricted for that. I didn't mind people noticing or else I would not have taken my time to do pictures and videos of myself exclusively for the webteases on milovana. But I see the rememberance of that has faded away to allow whatever memory people wish to compose.

And to conclude my little rant, I have nothing but respect for Milovana, and the people I have met through here. I put alot of time and effort into getting the community to interact, via webtease, the forum, and the beginning of chat, when no one using it. And never asked for anything in return... so before anyone makes any whitty judgements, think before you speak!

Edit: oh and about not wanting to be noticed... the only reason my picture is gone is because someone made a mistake when updating my "totm author" icon
Proud member of the Ruined Orgasm League of Justice