Tease of the month - October

You can find important news and current events here.

Your favorite webtease:

Poll ended at Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:29 am

Support your local College Girls, Pt. 2
37%
Time to Become What You Really Are
4%
Life Could Be A Dream...
14%
Keep it Down
22%
School of sex change 2
22%

Total votes: 49

dark
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Tease of the month - October

Post by dark »

Wow! This monthly lineup is impressive. I even considered to make an exception this month and increase the amount of nominees to 10. So many, many webteases and even in addition it's probably the month with the highest voting average ever. I bow down to all of you :bow:

Happy voting :-)

You can vote until November 8th.

Nominated Teases

Support your local College Girls, Pt. 2 - Indigo

Time to Become What You Really Are - wanttotry

Life Could Be A Dream... Part 2 - Sub-Routine

Keep it Down - wonderbo

School of sex change 2 - Killer_Tomato_1

Like every month, I hope that a lot of users will vote and wish all participants good luck!

Rules:
The nominations are the 5 highest rated teases. If two webteases have the same rating, the webtease which have more votes will participate.

If two or more teases have the same amount of votes after the voting period, a second voting will happen. Only the teases with the most votes can participate and the voting time is decreased to two days, to grant the winner's tease as much as possible time on our front page.

Only one tease per author can participate. We'll take only the best rated tease for authors with multiple qualifying teases.

The voting system should be separated from the webtease itself. Hence webteases encouraging a vote for the TOTM to manipulate the system will not be nominated at the end of the month regardless of ranking.

The prize is a special user rank in our forum and a mark in the "Browse Teases" area.

Winner's Name

If your tease is nominated, please don't make any changes until the voting period is over, or you risk being disqualified.

If any issues happen that are not clarified by these rules the team of Milovana has the right and the the duty to adjust the rules for finding the best and most fair solution to overcome this issue. There is no way for participants to affect a decision by the team, except the team.
Try or die
submatt
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Tease of the month - October

Post by submatt »

I have a question. My tease, Mistress Joanna - Fourth Session, is rated 4.3, while a couple of the nominated teases are rated 4.2. What gives?
wonderbo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by wonderbo »

submatt wrote:I have a question. My tease, Mistress Joanna - Fourth Session, is rated 4.3, while a couple of the nominated teases are rated 4.2. What gives?
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. You wrote a great tease though. Of course, the rating only affects your ability to be nominated for tease of the month...then it goes to a vote. Only members are allowed to vote...anyone can submit a rating. Does that answer your question?
submatt
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by submatt »

What I'm saying is that I should be nominated. The rules of the contest state that the teases with the highest ratings are the ones nominated. Then it goes to a vote between those top 5.

So why is my tease not nominated? It has a higher rating (4.3) than two of the others that were nominated (4.2).

I don't want to be annoying. But if you're not going to play by your own rules, then what's the point?
wonderbo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by wonderbo »

submatt wrote:What I'm saying is that I should be nominated. The rules of the contest state that the teases with the highest ratings are the ones nominated. Then it goes to a vote between those top 5.

So why is my tease not nominated? It has a higher rating (4.3) than two of the others that were nominated (4.2).

I don't want to be annoying. But if you're not going to play by your own rules, then what's the point?
I see what you're saying. I'm not sure, I'll have to defer to the contest moderator. I do know that when TOTM October was first announced your tease was rated at 4.2 still, so it's received some 5 star votes during the month of November. I'm not sure how they determine the difference between two teases rated the same, but I'm guessing they have access to more precise ratings behind the scenes than we can see (for example: 4.2395 vs 4.2125). This complete speculation on my part.

For the record, I rated your tease a 5, and it's one I will return to from time to time.
dark
Co-Admin
Co-Admin

Post by dark »

wonderbo got it :-) The rating was 4.2 at the moment of creating the vote. Submatt not only your webtease would deserve a nomination. Like I already wrote at least 4 or 5 others would deserve it. Of course only if you consider just the rating ;-) It was very, very close this month. Maybe it would have been better to nominate 10. But then I thought we have to draw the line at one point and another thing is that 10 webteases is a lot to pick only 1 favorite from.
Try or die
Forevergallant
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Forevergallant »

I honestly would suggest that a format of either the 10 highest (that also allows for more variation in the months teases, or all teases ranked 4 or higher if less than 10 are ranked higher than 4
T-rix
Explorer
Explorer

Post by T-rix »

Have to go with Indigo, really good tease. :-)
wonderbo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by wonderbo »

Best of luck to all who were nominated. I think it's great that it was so close...it says a lot for the quality of the teases that are being created lately.
novacatz
Explorer
Explorer

Post by novacatz »

With the way the TOTM rules work - does that mean teases which are posted very close to the end of the month may need more attention?

From what I understand - the rating as at end-of-month is used - so if a tease is posted, say, 12 hrs before the cut-off and gets only a limited number of votes - then its rating for the month (which is used to qualify for TOTM voting) will be based on a limited vote size and so may be too high / too low.

For example, I've seen a few teases where in the first few hrs - the view count is low and rating is 5.0 (probably a few votes of 5) but then over next few days it will delince to long term level around 4
Killer_Tomato_1
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Killer_Tomato_1 »

Hey yeah im nominated ohh yeah thats cool thanks for the votes guys and good luck for all nominees.
wonderbo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by wonderbo »

Congratulations Indigo, you ran away with it in the end...good job on your tease.