The dummies' guide to webteasing!

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
stolenprofile
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Re: The dummies' guide to webteasing!

Post by stolenprofile »

Drool wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 3:16 pm
stolenprofile wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 1:03 pm
Hi. Try:

Code: Select all

pages.goto("page"+pagecount)
Here's a useful site for Java Script: https://www.w3schools.com/js/

Hope this helps. :-)
Thank you very much! It worked.
ToySwitch
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by ToySwitch »

Hello everyone. First all thank you for this guide, it was very useful to solve some of my problems with my first approach to create a webtease.
Finally, after posting my first webtease I ran into a problem. On the main page only the title appears, there is neither the title pic or the explanation text. I have seen that some more have this problem, but very few, so I would like to know if someone can explain to me what I am doing wrong.
stolenprofile
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by stolenprofile »

Need Help!
I have a problem with a webtease. I wrote the outline of the tease and everything was working. I added dialogue and audio and suddenly it no longer switches from one page to another.
Plus, if I try to start a page with media (audio) it loads endlessly (I have 8 metronomes).

Anyone want to have a look?

Edit:
Audio is the problem. If I delate the audio files, the webtease work properly.
I'm using the audio metronome zip in the EOS tutorial thread.
Suggestions?
trnt
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by trnt »

I have an idea for a tease, and there is a question I want to ask.

I like CEI drool videos https://spankbang.com/s/drool%20cei/ - there aren't many on the internet, but I think these are well done, for those who are into CEI thing.

I have an idea to make something in similar way in the old style tease, there would be standard style of pictures and instructions, but I wanted on pretty much every page put a imgur or redgifs link to gifs or webms to make the tease sexier, and build on that 'copy' aspect of the drool videos.

Now, I haven't seen almost any link-style stuff in webteases, so the question is do you think it's worth making? I'm using one of those addons on desktop that shows you picture, gif or webm just by hovering the mouse over it (name is Imagus), so for me this idea this sounds fun, but I don't know if this things are popular, so some people will go by opening the links in new tabs. I can see this working this way aswell, but maybe this is an issue for you guys.

Anyway, I haven't seen this style of links to gif/webms so I thought it might be good to ask about it.
stolenprofile
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by stolenprofile »

Need Help to complete a tease!

hello everyone.
I am finishing my first webtease. Basically it's a snake & ladder with additional things.
The webtease has random image categories for each square. That is, at each square a random category is selected (randomly) and a random number of images from that specific category are displayed. How can I implement this?
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

stolenprofile wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:57 pm Need Help to complete a tease!

hello everyone.
I am finishing my first webtease. Basically it's a snake & ladder with additional things.
The webtease has random image categories for each square. That is, at each square a random category is selected (randomly) and a random number of images from that specific category are displayed. How can I implement this?
Hello, not sure I completely understand what you are trying to is how I would do it if I understood:

Each random category of images would be their own gallery folder. When you want to call up a random image from it you make a display image line and tell it to call a random image when you select what image to use from that gallery (it will do the gallery name with a * after it which tells it to pull a random image from that gallery each time).

For telling it to display a random number of images that really depends what number range you want and the structure of that. Someone who knows code better than I do could weigh in but you could do something like:

You could put this on your normal picture page if it is calling up a random image with a timer:

If (Math.random()>.25)
go to the same page

else
nothing

That would make there always be a 75% chance for it to show another picture after each one and have a 25% chance for that to be the last picture shown in that set.