Flash Tease of the Month

Do you think Milovana.com is perfect in every way? Hopefully not, so what can we do to improve? Every idea, suggestion or criticism is highly appreciated.
Dan
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive
Dom/me(s): Little Miss Jay

Flash Tease of the Month

Post by Dan »

Hi guys,

I was just wondering if there is a reason why Flash Tease of the Month is kept as such a separate entity, is there a technical reason for this?

I understand as discussed before that the voting system is an issue, but there are still a lot of other differences - the voting page is kept in an entirely different area of the forum to the normal TOTM votes, the winning authors do not have their status changed to 'TOTM winner', and the winning flash tease is never shown on the front page. I think a couple of these factors at least have an impact on the number of people who vote for flash tease of the month, which is always far lower than the TOTM votes.

It also seems odd that the newer form of teases are given much less importance - I can see how it could put people off creating flash teases. I help Miss Jay with her flash teases, and it's certainly putting me off using them in future!
Devoted to the amazing Miss Jay ♥
Last orgasm on January 25th 2012
Earliest chance of next orgasm: May 11th
jp
Community Manager
Community Manager
I am a: None of the above

Re: Flash Tease of the Month

Post by jp »

Until a voting system is in place for flash teases, it's really not an official TOTM winner. This is more of a community ran and driven event that tex and mrfire have taken head of.

Perhaps seraph0x or dark would have a different viewpoint on it, but that's my understanding.
Dan
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Dan »

So none of the Flash Tease winners are officially winners of anything at all?
coconuts
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by coconuts »

I have to say it does all seem rather unfair.
The flash teases are by far and away the best teases on Milo imho. Just for the level of interactiveness (is that actually a word?) if nothing else.

There are some lovely conventional teases which would blow you away if they were flash teases.

Flash certainly has to be the way to go. It won't be long before the community develop these to include video as well as sound which is already a feature of some. Then the sky will be the limit.

Milovana is a fantastic community based forum. One of the friendliest I have been on across a wide variety of interests.

Its good that we can vote now for our favourite tease, but I agree with Dan. There does seem to be an inequality in it all. When you consider the work that goes into a flash tease, it should be recognised.

When I first came onto the site as a lurker about 6 months ago, I honestly thought that the flash teases were inferior because they always came at the end of any search by rating :-/ It wasn't until I actually looked at one that I saw how much fun they were and that they were only at the bottom as they aren't rated.

Surely it can't be too hard to attach a voting system to them? Or at the very least, a Flash Tease winner avatar for the winning tease.

My 2 cents for what its worth :-)

C x
“When a man is pushed, tormented, defeated, he has a chance to learn something” Emerson

To Err is human, to really f**k it up takes a coconuts!
mrfire
Virtual Fireman
Virtual Fireman

Post by mrfire »

Seraph0x is working on it. Patience, friends. :)

For the time being, the staff runs the FTOtM in order to make sure that Flash Tease creators get some recognition (other than the massive praise they already get in the message boards). :-)
Dan
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Dan »

Fair enough buddy, but still, it seems odd to keep the votes in such different places. I didn't even know where they were until tiggerly1 asked you in another thread! It looks like not many people find their way to the voting page for FTOTM because of this. I'm not trying to be pedantic, just curious :-D
t&d&cbt4me
Explorer
Explorer

Post by t&d&cbt4me »

As I was given to understand it, because you cannot currently rate a flash tease, there was no easy mechanism in place to choose which ones to put up as possiblilties. The regular teases are rated, so picking the top 5 rated teases is simple enough...usually. I also seem to remember that because the nix (nyx?) system was still a beta, there was some issue with doing ratings? I could be wrong on that.

Someone (and forgive me, but I cannot remember who it was at the moment) was kind enough to do the seperate voting for the flash teases, but he's been busy recently. I agree it would be nice to be able to rate them and vote for them. Personally, there are far more flash teases in my favorites than regular ones, and that is how I recognise them and appreciate them. :)
mrfire
Virtual Fireman
Virtual Fireman

Post by mrfire »

Texturedshroom started the Flash Tease of the Month, which is what I think you're referring to. You can find the current contest here: http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3531 and the previous winners here: http://www.milovana.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2596

For future reference, we keep these at the top of the "Art of Webteasing" forum. :)
Dan
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Dan »

Thanks fire, but my query was actually regarding something else! :blush: