This website needs to be fixed!!!

Do you think Milovana.com is perfect in every way? Hopefully not, so what can we do to improve? Every idea, suggestion or criticism is highly appreciated.
abcd
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

This website needs to be fixed!!!

Post by abcd »

The grammatical errors in the stories of the webteases completely ruin my hard-on. Right when I'm in the middle of a cbt tease with a ball in my mouth and a shoestring tied to my cock, the woman who's supposed to be my completely dominating, cruel, ball-slapping dominatrix misspells three-letter words and, as my erection deflates with alarming emergency, the only thought going through my head is, "I don't care how hot this girl is, I'd rather beat her over the head with a baseball bat than fuck her." I try to "spin it" by telling myself that I'm so pathetic that I would allow myself to be dominated by such a stupid woman... but two pages later, sure enough, she forgets to capitalize a proper noun and I want to take the shoestring off my cock and strangle her with it.

I should probably state that "I have a problem." I can barely get an erection anymore unless I imagine some hot woman stepping on my balls. Once you jerk off to that kind of shit, it's hard to get an hard-on by watching conventional sex. The first reaction you get when you see a sexy woman should not be, "JESUS CHRIST, I wish she would shit on me!" Anyway, in conclusion, the people who write the stories for these things (I can't imagine that they're any older than twelve) need to focus on school, especially English, and learn how to spell so they can STOP FUCKING UP MY WACK SESSIONS!!! (I wanted to make the fully capitalized portion at the end larger in order to express my dissatisfaction but I could not figure out how to change the size of the letters... yet another disappointment from this sub-par website)
Evals
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Re: This website needs to be fixed!!!

Post by Evals »

Oh, man. :-) Of all things to spend your time complaining about in the world, you choose to pick apart the spelling and grammar a free website that's based around user-contributions, simply because you believe your right to jerk off has been inhibited. There have been plenty of other topics on the same subject, and you'll generally get very similar responses in this thread. First, you haven't written any teases, and as such many will feel your opinion doesn't have much weight. Secondly, as mentioned before the site is of course free, it's your choice whether or not to use it, nor do you have to read the ones with poorer grammar. Thirdly, you won't gain much by insulting the tease authors and website administrators. That's common sense.

And to change the size of the font, use the drop-down window below the message box. It's set to "Normal" by default.
Last edited by Evals on Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Evals
dubble
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: Submissive

Post by dubble »

Abcd, yes, this website needs fixing... to the likes of them having a DELETE button for self-centered, arrogant, whining pricks such as yourself. Hey, if you don't like what's going on here, GO the FUCK AWAY! Who invited you? Do you realize the illiteracy rate in the world today? Do you know that some contributors here are from abroad? Gee, so maybe their first language is NOT English and they are still learning. Maybe they do not have the financial means to get a "proper" education. So who died and made YOU God, the One to judge each of us? Sure there are a lot of grammatical errors, but get over it. Not everyone is so perfect. By the way, this website is supposed to be FUN (and informative to some). Did your mommy and daddy forget to teach you how to have fun? My bet is that you've had your life handed to you, have few friends, and probably still live at home (does your mommy still cut up your dinner, wipe your ass, and tuck you in at night?). By the way, any dumbass can change font sizes here, so where do you stand?
Current SitRep: Chilling. Life is good.

Varium et mutabile semper femina
blue_down_under
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by blue_down_under »

abcd wrote:as my erection deflates with alarming emergency

Although this line was actually kinda funny, this post, as well as your presence on this site is pretty fucking worthless. No one gives a fuck about you or your wack sessions. Perhaps if you weren't such an offensive person you'd be able to find a girl to tug on your dick in real life.
eteased
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by eteased »

I'd always wondered what kind of person would vote less than a four for one of my teases.
all2true
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Slave
Dom/me(s): Looking for a dom/domme
Sub/Slave(s): I am a subby!

Post by all2true »

eteased wrote:I'd always wondered what kind of person would vote less than a four for one of my teases.
Mine two! (also wondered, mispelled on porpoise)
texturedshroom
Taste the shroom
Taste the shroom

Post by texturedshroom »

great troll
hotkoekoe
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by hotkoekoe »

Perhaps a grammatical nightmare of a tease could be just the erection deflator this douche needs.

Hey everybody, long time lurker just registered to say thanx and keep up the great work.
"A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write if he is to be ultimately at peace with himself. What one can be, one must be."
Sub-Routine
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by Sub-Routine »

The last time I felt angsty about the spelling and grammar of user-contributions I downloaded and spell-checked every tease in the classics section. What have you done about it except complain at the wrong people?
Currently spellchecking 490/490. ^ ^
cumhardy
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: None of the above

Post by cumhardy »

all2true wrote:
eteased wrote:I'd always wondered what kind of person would vote less than a four for one of my teases.
Mine two! (also wondered, mispelled on porpoise)
LOL! :lol: less than 4?

abcd- its usually easy to tell if the tease is gonna have shitty spelling/grammar by the first couple of pages. usually I end up reading "oh helo darling take yor trosers of fnow oh stroke itget to the edge now finge ryour ashole" oh the first page, hit back and go looking for one written better.

sometimes I read a tease and think "you coulda easily done a spell check on this before you published it". some people if they dont know good english its not so bad but I think often people are just too lazy. Even taking the time to read through each page once before you post it would help.
Incubo
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Incubo »

You've got to be kidding, right?
Of all the things in the world to whine about, you pick spelling and grammer in a FREE webtease?

Look, I'm somewhat of a grammer nazi as well, but seriously, get over it. If a few misspelled words bother you that much, then you're obviously in the wrong place. Didn't capitalize a proper noun? Wow! Even I'm not that anal about it.

I think it's pretty unreasonable to expect every person here to be an English professor. They do their best to create something you may or may not enjoy. Some succeed, others don't. It's the way of the world. Get used to it. The world in an imperfect place.

As mentioned, some are not native English speakers. Of course, they don't get everything right. I'd bet if you wrote one in Spanish/German/French/Portugese/whatever, you'd screw up little things too. I took a few German classes and I'll tell you, the native speakers would have been absolutely apalled by the way I butchered their language. Try learning another language and you'll understand the difficulty of following all the "strange" rules. I appreciate that it's probably even harder to learn proper English with all of our exceptions to the rules. Add to that, the subtle differences between American, British, and Australian English and it get even worse. Point is: They do far better writing English, then I do writing their language. Cut 'em a break.

If it bothers you that much, don't read it. Or, better yet, instead of being a stuck up egotistical ethnocentric prick about it, offer to help them correct it.

BTW, for a guy who complains about grammer, there are some errors in your post as well Mr. Perfect.
miatly
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by miatly »

I think you went over the top with your rant. I also think the people vehemently defending their right to spell poorly is over the top. We do have some teases that have poor grammar, usually they are unimaginative ones with plot lines that jump all over the place. Sometimes they are done by people who speak english as a second language, they usually have broken sentence structure and the occasional unusual word; these tend to be better and you can usually fantasize around the drawbacks. Ranting about poor spelling isn't going to change anything.

It is true that poorly written teases will get viewed less and graded lower. Treat it like any english assignment and revise it. Read it aloud to see if it sounds as good as it does in your head. Tighten up the language and rethink how you instruct the viewer. I know free stuff is worth what you pay for it, but if you want people to appreciate your work you can afford to take a little extra time and be really proud of it.

I think our forums are getting a little too edgy with our attitude towards people who do not write teases. It is a great argument for newcomers who post begging threads. However, I don't have to write a tease to be able to critique it. I don't write music, or novels or what have you, but my opinions are still valid, all the more so if I present them intelligently. "Lol u don't write teases so stfu" does not excuse your shortcomings.

I am a leech and I know it. If someday I do write a tease it will be a damn good one because I won't half-ass it. I will spend the time to make it excellent.
cumhardy
Experimentor
Experimentor
I am a: None of the above

Post by cumhardy »

miatly wrote: I think our forums are getting a little too edgy with our attitude towards people who do not write teases.
Yeah i noticed that too. strange considering there are 1000's of users and only 100's of authors (being very vague in my figures). im guessing quite a lot of people dont ever want to write one but still like reading them, doesn't mean they dont get an opinion.
mandas_whack
Explorer
Explorer

Post by mandas_whack »

abcd wrote: STOP FUCKING UP MY WACK SESSIONS!!!
The word you're looking for is 'WHACK', not 'WACK'.

Just goes to show that everybody messes-up their grammar once in a while. But it would be nice if people on the site could offer their services as 'editors' and be given access by the writer of any of their teases to edit them. Obviously, the writer would have to trust the editor to not ruin the tease itself - but I'm sure there are people who would be happy to fix some of the terrible English "skills" which are used in these teases.

On that note, please PM me if you would like me to go through your tease and make it grammatically acceptable. If there is no way for me to actually edit your tease directly, I can just put all the revisions in a text file and send it to you (or whatever else works). Of course, I don't want to wait through a bunch of damn timers to do it, so keep it to non-flash teases only. (For that matter, there's another suggestion - ability to enter a flash tease as an 'editor' in order to bypass timers).

**EDIT** I have placed my offer for corrections in its own thread, after reading that this issue is commonly complained about...
slaafbarry
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by slaafbarry »

dubble wrote:Abcd, yes, this website needs fixing... to the likes of them having a DELETE button for self-centered, arrogant, whining pricks such as yourself. Hey, if you don't like what's going on here, GO the FUCK AWAY! Who invited you? Do you realize the illiteracy rate in the world today? Do you know that some contributors here are from abroad? Gee, so maybe their first language is NOT English and they are still learning. Maybe they do not have the financial means to get a "proper" education. So who died and made YOU God, the One to judge each of us? Sure there are a lot of grammatical errors, but get over it. Not everyone is so perfect. By the way, this website is supposed to be FUN (and informative to some). Did your mommy and daddy forget to teach you how to have fun? My bet is that you've had your life handed to you, have few friends, and probably still live at home (does your mommy still cut up your dinner, wipe your ass, and tuck you in at night?). By the way, any dumbass can change font sizes here, so where do you stand?
You show him dubble.

Thank you for your post abcd. We will do everything we can to make it better for you......NOT! This is a free site and will remain free. If you want a tease that is perfect in grammar and spelling, then why not make your own?

Perhaps you could also put in the following: I'll stop these pathetic attempts for attention.

Thank you and goodbye