Guide: Create estim funscripts for restim using OpenFunScripter

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Guide: Create estim funscripts for restim using OpenFunScripter

Post by edger477 »

I want to celebrate today's day, we got something awesome!

It is now possible to edit estim for videos in realtime, closest to WYSWYG editor for estim that I could imagine. Thanks to @diglet and his restim software.

Many months ago, I wanted to create a software that would do something similar (but I never thought it could be as advanced as this integration with existing tools), and I talked to digitalparkinglot and LondonGent to try to collect some requirements, but I soon realized how hard is to create estim generator tool based on the descriptions of signal, since same signal is often experienced differently by different people, and we don't have a way to represent different components of the signal, once it is in audio format, we can't read it, we have to feel it to experience it.

Now, cue latest version of restim (I built it from source since is not released yet), MultiFunPlayer and OpenFunscripter!
Note, to play the scripts you only need restim, but to create estim funscripts, I am now describing the ideal workflow.

I am basing this tutorial on default configuration of restim, + the names for TCode axes I configured myself, like below:

Then you have to make same axes in restim device in MFP (see previous steps in restim thread viewtopic.php?p=348228#p348228)

You also need to connect the MFP to OFS. In OFS just go to View -> Websocket API and then check "Server active there". Then just add it using default settings in MFP.

In OFS you will need to use project->add new to add all types of funscript you want to use, and you have to name them as configured in restim/MFP (best to use default settings).

You can edit the scripts in realtime and when all is connected (OFS->MFP->Restim), restim will produce the estim in realtime! How cool is that?
I had to develop first sample for new restim features (vi33a viewtopic.php?p=360741#p360741) using "old-fashioned" approach of creating estim, then playing it, then having to go back editing, then playing again etc... which you can imagine is much more iterations than directly finding the sensations you want the player to experience and then making test run once you combined them all....

I hope this is a new dawn for estim content, since I who never created it am now enjoying it.

I will edit this post to update with new stuff I discover and maybe try explaining different axes for restim, but for anyone who will try it, first an important explanation/workaround for an issue:
OFS sends all the tcode data directly to MFP. That means you have to convert the .funscript file with restim to get .alpha.funscript and .beta.funscript, and you have to load them into OFS in order to send that data to restim.
Now, if you edit the main funscript (stroke position), that will not be reflected in estim since restim is not using that main axis. You have to export the script(s), then remove the .alpha and .beta from OFS using project menu, then convert new funscript to alpha/beta with restim, and then go and add existing and re-add both to OFS. That is why it makes sense to edit all of the stroking first, convert, reload alpha/beta and then work on others.
And you can hide them from view by right clicking on scripts: