[RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Wheel of Misfortune 1.0

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---

What do you want to see in the next update?

New girls to choose from
49%
New wheels to choose from
38%
More sets for current girls (if possible)
12%

Total votes: 81

zenetix
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [RELEASE][FEEDBACK] Wheel of Misfortune 1.0

Post by zenetix »

Really good tease, well made, good content, and surprisingly replayable. Thanks for making this - it's clear a lot of work into it!

I think it could also be used as a basis for other teases with a similar Wheel of Fortune concept. Kind of like there are a few different Fapjack teases, for instance.
eXquisite
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious

Post by eXquisite »

Carnal1 wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:32 am Wow! Great tease. :w00t: I love these type game teases. Obviously quite a bit of work went into this - thanks!

I did encounter an error. :-( I was playing the 2nd game with Eva and the stroking wheel. I only had one consonant and two vowels to go and knew the title
Spoiler: show
Kung-Fu Girls
playing Best Movies. I'd just spun and won the 10,000 with the following spin looking to stop on "Random" but quickly said "Sorry, this shouldn't happen. Please report this bug here". It then sent me back to start, losing everything I'd gained to that point. Hopefully that's enough info to help you find whatever glitched.

Even so, I still very much love the tease. You did a great job with it.
I think I've got it. It was a bunch of stupid mistakes. Hopefully it won't happen again.
eXquisite
Explorer
Explorer

Post by eXquisite »

I went through this post again and added a poll that you can use to help me prioritize things for the next update.

In addition to the things you can find in the polls I want to also add these features:
- An extra multiplier (+25%?) at the end if you choose to deny yourself even if you've won.
- Option to choose point of interest in the settings - during the cumround you will be showed a picture that you'll cum to focused on your preference (e.g. tits, pussy, ass, face, feet).
- Rework of the edge wheel to add a little more edging to it.

Of course if you have any ideas how to further improve the experience let me know in the comments. I'm also open to adding more categories to the tease, so if you have an idea what could it be I'm all ears - this will also allow me to let you choose to play more than 5 rounds in the settings since it's currently limited by the amount of categories.
Helequin
Experimentor
Experimentor
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by Helequin »

Great concept and fun game for sure. Definitely anything to add variety to the tasks and cadence throughout the tease would only make it even more fun.

First thought is I will echo an earlier comment that the edge wheel is mostly stroking based, and the edging tasks are very reasonable (also not a novice to edging). Of course without having a system where users can tweak say, edge counts or the hold times through a setting getting the difficulty exactly right for everyone is more or less impossible.

What I will say is the edge wheel felt more like a 'tease wheel.' Lots of stroking, a healthy mix of edges. But it certainly didn't feel like the host had set out to edge and tease me senseless. I also just have more fun with the idea of edging than stroking at a set pace. But in the end, I do think this wheel has a good balance.

So maybe it's not so much reworking the wheel as adding a 3rd one much more focused on mostly edging while the existing one stays for a more balanced tease of stroking with some edging.

It definitely would be great to have other kinks potentially show up in the wheels too, but that's definitely something that could get to be a lot very quickly and again has to deal with the question of how much is enough but not too much for most people. For example, I would enjoy a wheel focused on lots of edging with some cbt/ballbusting thrown in. But there's too many potential combinations to cover everything.

A fun idea just came to mind that would be a large amount of work (I assume), so this is more of a dream scenario :lol: . Instead of having different fully set wheels, what if there was a system to buy and set different tasks for each space on the wheel? So for example the $350 wedge might have the current stroke task, 1 edge, 5 light slaps...whatever. With a few available tasks for each spot on the wheel, the entire thing becomes customizable in content and difficulty.

Last thought, it would seem thematic for there to be a wheel at the end to help her control just how she's going to make you cum. There are plenty of creative things she could ask for while ruining or letting us cum which might make the final reward even more interesting (e.g. certain grip, certain pace, optional cei or POT, etc.).
Playing Help Me Cum Please!
Choosing a Goddess - a set for anyone to play
The 1000th Reply Celebration Challenge and it's Finale - an ongoing challenge to try
Co-author of Kyla's Party - webtease based on Help me Cum Please.

Miss Elyna's Cum Challenge Winner
nsxoxy
Explorer
Explorer

Post by nsxoxy »

eXquisite wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:38 pm I went through this post again and added a poll that you can use to help me prioritize things for the next update.

In addition to the things you can find in the polls I want to also add these features:
- An extra multiplier (+25%?) at the end if you choose to deny yourself even if you've won.
- Option to choose point of interest in the settings - during the cumround you will be showed a picture that you'll cum to focused on your preference (e.g. tits, pussy, ass, face, feet).
- Rework of the edge wheel to add a little more edging to it.

Of course if you have any ideas how to further improve the experience let me know in the comments. I'm also open to adding more categories to the tease, so if you have an idea what could it be I'm all ears - this will also allow me to let you choose to play more than 5 rounds in the settings since it's currently limited by the amount of categories.
That sounds great.

I voted for more wheels for two reasons. The first reason is that I'm interested to see the content of all of the existing hosts, which will take some time. I have purchased all that are available so far after completing my fourth host today. The second reason is that I haven't had to use breaks very often, and I think a hopefully somewhat simple addition would be a wheel or wheels that are a higher difficulty than the existing ones.
Because the scripts are the same for each host during the rounds, a more difficult wheel with some harsher, more insistent (femdom like) speech would be something that might fit and add something new to the experience. If/when you decide to add more girls, adding some variety to their "personality" beyond the intros would be wonderful. I can imagine that's a bit more work though. If the script is associated with the wheel and not the host, perhaps that makes it more feasible.
Anything that adds more challenge would be good, but obviously, I'm enjoying this a great deal and won't be disappointed if that kind of change isn't made.
eXquisite
Explorer
Explorer

Post by eXquisite »

Helequin wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:12 pm So maybe it's not so much reworking the wheel as adding a 3rd one much more focused on mostly edging while the existing one stays for a more balanced tease of stroking with some edging.
That was the idea. Originally, I wanted to make 5 wheels in total - each with different difficulty and experience. I decided to release the tease early, so 3 of them are not currently in the game, but I have an initial concept that I think could be pretty fun to play in the later stage of the game. I have a whole bunch of flowcharts and spreadsheets that I didn't share to not spoil it, but I guess it's fine if I give you a hint of what might come:
Here are the wheels that I plan to add:
Fleshlight Edition - it will be a mix of stroking and edging with your hand and fleshlight or similar toys. You will see some of the current stroking wheel with extra parts that can be added to it.
Extreme Edge Edition - this is a wheel that might satisfy people who want to edge more. I'm not sure, but it will probably only contain edging tasks.
High Risk High Reward Edition - a wheel with more rewarding tasks. Half of the wheel will be tasks like edging/stroking, the other half will make you lose part of your current earnings
Helequin wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:12 pm It definitely would be great to have other kinks potentially show up in the wheels too, but that's definitely something that could get to be a lot very quickly and again has to deal with the question of how much is enough but not too much for most people. For example, I would enjoy a wheel focused on lots of edging with some cbt/ballbusting thrown in. But there's too many potential combinations to cover everything.
As long as people are okay with current endings I might add it to the list of potential updates. I'm not that familiar with cbt/ballbusting, so I would require some help with potential tasks though. Initially, the game was supposed to have more than just edging and stroking, but the endings became a problem, because they didn't work that well with different kinks and would require me to add extra layers to them, so they don't feel weird.
Helequin wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:12 pm A fun idea just came to mind that would be a large amount of work (I assume), so this is more of a dream scenario :lol: . Instead of having different fully set wheels, what if there was a system to buy and set different tasks for each space on the wheel? So for example the $350 wedge might have the current stroke task, 1 edge, 5 light slaps...whatever. With a few available tasks for each spot on the wheel, the entire thing becomes customizable in content and difficulty.
That's a good idea and it actually seems possible and fun to implement, so who knows. It's still something that I would probably leave for later - maybe like some easter egg / ultimate wheel for the end game?
nsxoxy wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:38 pm
Because the scripts are the same for each host during the rounds, a more difficult wheel with some harsher, more insistent (femdom like) speech would be something that might fit and add something new to the experience. If/when you decide to add more girls, adding some variety to their "personality" beyond the intros would be wonderful. I can imagine that's a bit more work though. If the script is associated with the wheel and not the host, perhaps that makes it more feasible.
Anything that adds more challenge would be good, but obviously, I'm enjoying this a great deal and won't be disappointed if that kind of change isn't made.
The problem with personality is that it's hard to always hit people's preference, but maybe an option to switch it in the settings would be a good idea. Do you have an example of what you consider a harsh speech? I will have to think about it.
nsxoxy
Explorer
Explorer

Post by nsxoxy »

eXquisite wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:48 pm The problem with personality is that it's hard to always hit people's preference, but maybe an option to switch it in the settings would be a good idea. Do you have an example of what you consider a harsh speech? I will have to think about it.
Definitely would agree that making it a choice for those who are interested to keep the existing appeal is ideal. Having enjoyed the existing scripts just fine I wouldn't think it would be improved to change them entirely. You're right that you can't please everybody no matter how you do it, so having an option is always best... especially with a store mechanic that gives choice of what to buy. And if there are other players out there like me, it would be the target to save up for while viewing all of the available hosts. (I'm realizing that higher difficulty ones like I'm suggesting might be better to keep locked until bought from the store, so that they're earned, but that's just my opinion too)

For speech, for example, if the wheel had more spaces to land on that resulted in penalties and/or more difficult tasks, the speech could include more taunts, take a more demanding tone, etc. Depends how you would want to design it, and open to your interpretation whenever you think it over.

If it's helpful I can try and see if I can find a teases I've played with the kind of speech that I think could work. If you end up deciding it's an idea you want to include in the future.
after8
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by after8 »

I've played a few rounds of this tease now and really like it. Your writing for the girls is really good!
I agree with most people here, that any form of extra variety would be a great update, but so far kudos for what the tease already is in 1.0!

One extra mechanic I would like to advocate for, is to be able to lower the cum chance in the settings. As it is right now, you choose it in your first playthrough, and then you can buy extra chance points in the shop. I chose a high chance in the first playthrough because that was what I was looking for that day, but now I've had some playthroughs where I actually would've liked to reset/lower it. I don't think thats possible to do in any way right now(?), unless I just reset all my progress
playsafe9
Explorer
Explorer

Post by playsafe9 »

The wheel got stuck after the very first roll.
I chose wearing clothes, selected the toys lady, the stroking wheel and a 75% change for cumming. The wheel got stuck with "$ 1500 Just the tip".
I'm using Vivaldi as my browser.

At the start of the tease I'm seeing a lot of console errors:
Refused to apply inline style because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "style-src https://eosscript.com". Either the 'unsafe-inline' keyword, a hash ('sha256-KUMGUyNU29tz83vw71KHwNZ8vIapTaEbNvaXHofQs/8='), or a nonce ('nonce-...') is required to enable inline execution. Note that hashes do not apply to event handlers, style attributes and javascript: navigations unless the 'unsafe-hashes' keyword is present.

and after writing this there's a new error:
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR
edit: it continued after 5min
eXquisite
Explorer
Explorer

Post by eXquisite »

playsafe9 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:04 pm The wheel got stuck after the very first roll.
I chose wearing clothes, selected the toys lady, the stroking wheel and a 75% change for cumming. The wheel got stuck with "$ 1500 Just the tip".
I'm using Vivaldi as my browser.

At the start of the tease I'm seeing a lot of console errors:
Refused to apply inline style because it violates the following Content Security Policy directive: "style-src https://eosscript.com". Either the 'unsafe-inline' keyword, a hash ('sha256-KUMGUyNU29tz83vw71KHwNZ8vIapTaEbNvaXHofQs/8='), or a nonce ('nonce-...') is required to enable inline execution. Note that hashes do not apply to event handlers, style attributes and javascript: navigations unless the 'unsafe-hashes' keyword is present.

and after writing this there's a new error:
Failed to load resource: net::ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR
edit: it continued after 5min
So I've just installed Vivaldi and tried it a few times - it worked for me straight away. I even ended on 'just the tip' for $1500 and the tease played like it's supposed to do. I couldn't also find anything wrong in the code. Please make sure you are using the most up to date version of Vivaldi. You should be able to skip the intro now, so just spin the wheel a few times and check if the problem persists.
Shinso
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Shinso »

After my first playthrough I wanted to go to the shop and increase the chance of cumming. I had not enough money to do it (so it didn't work) and the "go back" button didn't work either. So i was stuck and needed to reload.

Also a lot of the time the sound turned off. Maybe this could be due to my speed of 200 % for stroking.
eXquisite
Explorer
Explorer

Post by eXquisite »

Shinso wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:58 pm After my first playthrough I wanted to go to the shop and increase the chance of cumming. I had not enough money to do it (so it didn't work) and the "go back" button didn't work either. So i was stuck and needed to reload.

Also a lot of the time the sound turned off. Maybe this could be due to my speed of 200 % for stroking.
I fixed the 'go back' bug, thanks. I'm not sure what you meant by the sound being turned off - could you give me more information when it happens? If it was instantly after pressing the 'spin the wheel' button then it was by design. I changed it now, so you can hear the beat through the spinning sound, hopefully for smoother experience.
Shinso
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Shinso »

eXquisite wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:29 pm I'm not sure what you meant by the sound being turned off - could you give me more information when it happens?
It was after coming back from guessing a letter, IIRC. Will check it out later and try to give more helpful information!
eXquisite
Explorer
Explorer

Post by eXquisite »

Shinso wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:44 pm
eXquisite wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:29 pm I'm not sure what you meant by the sound being turned off - could you give me more information when it happens?
It was after coming back from guessing a letter, IIRC. Will check it out later and try to give more helpful information!
I think I know what it could've been. I found and fixed this issue earlier, so it shouldn't happen again.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Post by kerkersklave »

I like the concept of the tease very much. The one thing I've noticed is, that I always get to cum on the first play-through, even if a I mess up the last task and even when choosing the lowest chance of cumming in the beginning. Is that intentional? It doesn't make much sense to me.
And then for me there really is not enough variation to play it very often. The behavior of the girls does not change, just the picset, and even the edging wheel isn't that challenging and after a couple of rounds it gets repetitive. The concept is amazing, but I think it needs more wheels and some character of the girls that have some influence on the dialog and the actions during the game. If there is something to discover that would motivate me to play this more often, but just seeing a bunch of different pictures does not.