[FEEDBACK] Utena's Edge-O-Matic

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
kyounb
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

[FEEDBACK] Utena's Edge-O-Matic

Post by kyounb »

Hey all,

This is my first ever tease, so I hope it doesn't suck?
[Link: https://milovana.com/webteases/showteas ... d05668c62b]

It's pretty simple and kind of basic but I've been wanting a new tease focused on edging for a while now so I just made one instead.
It involves a crazy amount of edging... so I am curious if anyone can make it through...

Heavily inspired by Edging Hentai Lottery by Shrouded.

Let me know if there's anything wrong or out of place!
Is this a good first tease?

I'd be happy to hear anyone's feedback!
Mikaa
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Re: [FEEDBACK] Utena's Edge-O-Matic

Post by Mikaa »

Two small things i noticed,
i think you forgot to remove the latex notification in the ending screen
and page 14 does not continue to the next page.

But other than that quite a nice tease.
Footlord2000
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Footlord2000 »

I second that it's a pretty good tease, and would like to add that Exciting Exhaustion is also not removed on the ending screen
Sektz
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Sektz »

what ending screen? Tease returned back to the start screen?!
Just the Modifier were still on the side of the Page.
Also the party with, 'birthday girl decides', had me loop like 5 times. I thought for a moment I got stuck.
Also got the exact same page twice in a row (not ideal)
I didn't quite understand how those modifiers work, do you have to do an additional edge if you see latex?

Overall not my cup of tea.
Edging is fine but doing it like 50-100 times with little variation is a bit extreme. If you followed this proberly you'd have to take small breaks inbetween and this could go on for hours.
Good selection of pictures though, I can appreciate the general idea. Thanks for your work
kyounb
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by kyounb »

Mikaa wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:59 pm Two small things i noticed,
i think you forgot to remove the latex notification in the ending screen
and page 14 does not continue to the next page.

But other than that quite a nice tease.
Yes! Indeed I forgot to remove that notification as well as the "Go-To-Page" at the end of 14...
Should be fixed now!
Footlord2000 wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:12 am I second that it's a pretty good tease, and would like to add that Exciting Exhaustion is also not removed on the ending screen
Exciting Exhaustion is also now removed at the ending page.
Sektz wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:55 am
what ending screen? Tease returned back to the start screen?!
Just the Modifier were still on the side of the Page.
Also the party with, 'birthday girl decides', had me loop like 5 times. I thought for a moment I got stuck.
Also got the exact same page twice in a row (not ideal)
I didn't quite understand how those modifiers work, do you have to do an additional edge if you see latex?

Overall not my cup of tea.
Edging is fine but doing it like 50-100 times with little variation is a bit extreme. If you followed this proberly you'd have to take small breaks inbetween and this could go on for hours.
Good selection of pictures though, I can appreciate the general idea. Thanks for your work
I checked through the code... not sure how you ended up back to the start screen... Might need to spend more time investigating...

The intention was that you're stuck at the party with a chance of leaving, so if you're really unlucky, you might be stuck there. Maybe it's not liked by many people, but I kind of like not knowing what might happen next.

Based on the way I coded it... yeah I suppose you could end up on the same page twice... I don't know any way around that as of right now unfortunately.

Yes, if you see a girl with the modifier you have an extra edge (i.e. 2 girls wearing latex = 2 extra edges, one extra edge per girl wearing latex)

The tease is meant to be absurd and straightforward, idk I felt like doing that... maybe a good thing? Maybe a bad thing? To each their own, this was a simple quick thing that I whipped up for fun. That being said though, I could 100% try to tone it down a bit if that's what people want. I could also make it more likely to run into the "Exit".

Thank you guys for your feedback!
Mikaa
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Mikaa »

To get a random Page except the last one you could use something like this in your Init script:

Code: Select all

var minPage = 1
var maxPage = 50

function nextPage() {
    pages.goto(randomPageExcept(pages.getCurrentPageId()))
}
function randomPageExcept(oldPage) {
    var newPage = "page" + (Math.floor(Math.random() * (maxPage - minPage + 1)) + minPage)
    return (newPage === oldPage) ? randomPageExcept(oldPage) : newPage
}
Then you can use an Eval action with "nextPage()" instead of the Goto action
pecvliar1
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by pecvliar1 »

Fun tease, probably one of my favorites atm and very good for your first. I also really liked shrouded's tease so having another one inspired by it in EOS is very nice.

My only criticism would be that it feels a bit same-y after a bit. Would be neat if some pages got introduced based on the length you've played or the difficulty you picked. Like breaks for easier difficulties or really hard punishing pages on harder difficulties. Or maybe some more events like double trouble that modified your spells.

Maybe some new mechanics could be introduced if you reached the end of the tease, but decided to go back in as an additional challenge. I also think that the difficulty is quite hard, but I like the challenge, and having options to make it harder would be fun even if it started to get a bit ridiculous.

Hoping this is still getting worked on, I think you teased an update in the difficulties section. if not, thanks for making this, it's already a very solid tease. But it could benefit from a bit more variation or content for replay value. :thumbsup: