Response not successful: Received status code 400

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
nebworx
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Response not successful: Received status code 400

Post by nebworx »

Hey!

When a try to publish my tease (https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=59393) I got this error : "Response not successful: Received status code 400".
Going to the debugguer I can see that it comes from GraphQL
The JSON API response is :

Code: Select all

{
    "errors": [
        {
            "message": "Internal server error",
            "extensions": {
                "category": "internal"
            },
            "locations": [
                {
                    "line": 2,
                    "column": 3
                }
            ],
            "path": [
                "publishTease"
            ]
        }
    ]
}
Somebody can help me ?

EDIT: I tried firefox and Chrome web browsers. I tried to empty the cache and force reloading.
EDIT 2: today the debug say to look at the Apollo error which is:
Error message
Cache data may be lost when replacing the thumbnail field of a EosTease object.

This could cause additional (usually avoidable) network requests to fetch data that were otherwise cached.

To address this problem (which is not a bug in Apollo Client), either ensure all objects of type MediaHash have an ID or a custom merge function, or define a custom merge function for the EosTease.thumbnail field, so InMemoryCache can safely merge these objects:

existing: {
"__typename": "MediaHash",
"hash": "b8a7f5dd29aec58479cb72095cdedb554390ea11"
}
incoming: {
"__ref": "MediaHash:2046782"
}

For more information about these options, please refer to the documentation:

* Ensuring entity objects have IDs: https://go.apollo.dev/c/generating-unique-identifiers
* Defining custom merge functions: https://go.apollo.dev/c/merging-non-normalized-objects
File
@apollo/client/cache/inmemory/writeToStore.js
Last edited by nebworx on Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Fuck Heroes : sex in rythm for couples (or solo).
Anal Queen's Journey : a long term incremental game, anal centered webtease for gals and guys.
My ranks : Ultimate anal godess (tight), Ultimate anal godess (loose), Ultimate anal godess (gaping), Ultimate anal godess (destroyed), Stellar anal black hole (672)
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Slave

Re: Response not successful: Received status code 400

Post by kerkersklave »

Looks definitively like something went wrong on the server side, but at the moment I can publish EOS-teases just fine.
nebworx
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by nebworx »

The tease doesn't load anymore !! Please HELP !! All players loose their progression (months of progression) !
Anal Queen's Journey : a long term incremental game, anal centered webtease for gals and guys.
My ranks : Ultimate anal godess (tight), Ultimate anal godess (loose), Ultimate anal godess (gaping), Ultimate anal godess (destroyed), Stellar anal black hole (672)
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Slave

Post by kerkersklave »

I'm somewhat confused, the tease 59393 seems to be your anal queen tease if I open it via EOS preview. But on the main site that tease does have a different id and works just fine. Are you working on a second, unpublished version of that tease?
undeniable_denial
Explorer
Explorer

Post by undeniable_denial »

nebworx wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:02 pm The tease doesn't load anymore !! Please HELP !! All players loose their progression (months of progression) !
It doesn't load because the publication failed. I bet teaseStorage is still intact, though.

kerkersklave wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:31 pm I'm somewhat confused, the tease 59393 seems to be your anal queen tease if I open it via EOS preview. But on the main site that tease does have a different id and works just fine. Are you working on a second, unpublished version of that tease?
He seems to have two published versions of the same tease: https://milovana.com/webteases/?author=109462

I'm guessing there always exist two versions of every published tease: The published version and the version in the editor. Changes in the editor make it to the published version once you republish.
That's why it works fine in eos-editor, but not in the published version, which appears to be 0 byte judging by this: "SyntaxError: JSON.parse: unexpected end of data at line 1 column 1 of the JSON data"

I would make a backup and try to republish an empty tease, see if that gets it going again. If that works, then narrow down the issue, by trying to publish parts of the tease. I'm just guessing, though.
nebworx
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by nebworx »

I publish a second version for the players to continue playing (some have use the export capability I recently added) and to verify if it fails... and it succeeds.
So, I have 4 versions of tease.
  • the broken publish tease (v1.22 broken)
  • Its developpment version (which works fine with the code i tried to publish)
  • the copy (v1.22) that works, but without any teaseStorage for the players.
  • its developpement version (which also works)
So, I came to the conclusion that my tease works (because 3 of the 4 copies works with the same code) and that only the first public version failed on the server side during publication. :\'-(

I received message like this one:
So yeah... not really sure if the new update is good cause since you had to make it a new tease all our progress is gone... all those months of progress just lost... I highly doubt I will start over from the beginning again... this feels horrible
:\'-(
undeniable_denial
Explorer
Explorer

Post by undeniable_denial »

If it really can't be fixed, then I see only one more option: Check if people can access their progress in the development version (using the share link from the editor). I don't know if there are two seperate teaseStorages for public and edit version, but perhaps it is the same.

If that works, your users can either play the dev version or you can implement a sort of export-/import-functionality. After all, teaseStorage is just text. Your users could just copy paste it into an input field in your new version.

---

Or.. perhaps there is a way users can recreate their game state with a sort of custom game start mode? (I have to admit I am not familiar with your tease.) Just a thought.
nebworx
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by nebworx »

undeniable_denial wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:51 pm If it really can't be fixed, then I see only one more option: Check if people can access their progress in the development version (using the share link from the editor). I don't know if there are two seperate teaseStorages for public and edit version, but perhaps it is the same.

If that works, your users can either play the dev version or you can implement a sort of export-/import-functionality. After all, teaseStorage is just text. Your users could just copy paste it into an input field in your new version.
That's exactly what I already done. The teaseStorage is not separate for player that are login on Milovana, but for other players progression is lost.
undeniable_denial wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 8:51 pm Or.. perhaps there is a way users can recreate their game state with a sort of custom game start mode? (I have to admit I am not familiar with your tease.) Just a thought.
That's also in my plan despite the fact that the game state is very complicated! I even had to make my own compression system to increase the density of information I can put into the teaseStorage...
Tapopip
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Tapopip »

Hi,

I have the exact same error on teases:

I've read on another topic that we should contact seraphOx but I don't have any news from him so I don't know what to do either.

I see that the tease you're refering to also has a TOTM tag. The only tease I'm able to republish is a tease without this tag. The ones that have either totm or totm-nominee are failing to publish.
nebworx
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by nebworx »

Tapopip wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:16 am Hi,

I have the exact same error on teases:

I've read on another topic that we should contact seraphOx but I don't have any news from him so I don't know what to do either.

I see that the tease you're refering to also has a TOTM tag. The only tease I'm able to republish is a tease without this tag. The ones that have either totm or totm-nominee are failing to publish.
That’s a good clue!
I already asked myself the question, because when publishing the tags do anything (they disappear and reset).
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Yeah, it looks like what was happening was that it was loading the tags for the tease set by anyone when it should have loaded only the tags set by you (the author). So if the tag list included a privileged tag (such as "totm"), it would fail.

I implemented a fix. Please try again and see if it's fixed now. Thanks and sorry for this annoying issue. :-/

Appreciate the patience while waiting for a fix.
nebworx
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by nebworx »

seraph0x wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:12 am Yeah, it looks like what was happening was that it was loading the tags for the tease set by anyone when it should have loaded only the tags set by you (the author). So if the tag list included a privileged tag (such as "totm"), it would fail.

I implemented a fix. Please try again and see if it's fixed now. Thanks and sorry for this annoying issue. :-/

Appreciate the patience while waiting for a fix.
Perfect, it is fixed! :thankyou: