[RELEASE] Blackmail - Will you fall for my tricks?

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
mistressamber
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Mistress

Re: [RELEASE] Blackmail - Will you fall for my tricks?

Post by mistressamber »

mr-apple wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:58 am For those lovers that like this tease how it is, i totally understand, but think why you dont get that elsewhere on other websites? Till now i have never come across such a thing here on milovana and in my opinion it was for the better.
In my opinion, this website is the perfect place to discover new kinks and fetishes. And if the more extreme fetishes, like findom and blackmail, can be experienced in a low risk environment, that's even better. Otherwise the only option is to deep dive into the real thing to find out.

If this tease was high risk, very strict, "if you don't pay, I *will* tell everyone", then I'd agree with you. But that's not the case here (even though that fear needs to be created to get the full effect).
mr-apple wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:58 am And if you think, that all users should take your warnings serious, than i have to remind you, that the majority of the teases on this website are not real and just fantasies, how it should be.
I don't assume everyone takes the warning seriously, that's why this part is said at the beginning (and the end) as well:
"If you feel uncomfortable at the end of the tease, you can PM me."

People who PM me (or email me, you can see my email at the end of a normal playthrough), can resolve this with me in private messages.
Polly
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Polly »

I was under the assumption that I'd be able to prevent an email from sending or id have to draft an email and then put it on a timer.

I genuinely feel tricked and feel like I did not consent to falling for a web exploit. I definitely learned the hard way, as I entered some somewhat real info in there to make the scenario hotter.

I have learned that I DO NOT like blackmail, and this tease will probably cause lots of anxiety and panic in me for a long time to come, and I feel so stupid I want to just crawl under my covers and not come out ever.

I don't think the warnings are enough, as I don't feel like I consented to anything like this.
Gracer
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Gracer »

This tease is very creative an ingenious. People SHOULD be able to play this tease.

But there are concerns about what consent has been given, at what point does the trick become "too tricky".

Because of the uniqueness of this tease, no one will expect anything like opening a link with encoded data inside the url would even be a thing.

I think the best solution to this is to add to the warning something like "you consent that anything you do in this tease might reveal your information", or something like that. I think the novelty of the method is way more than enough for the trick to work while still giving the participant enough of a heads up.

Also, I think the warning page should be separate to the first page where it asks "what would you like to be called?" to make it seem more serious, instead of a fleeting message.
Kestrel~
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Submissive

Post by Kestrel~ »

Honestly this has got to be one of the hottest blackmail teases i've ever played! I did get a minor heart attack when I opened the link, but personally that just added to the enjoyment (personally). So I think you did a pretty good job with it overall!
Grabjarne
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Grabjarne »

What is the name of the model in the photos?
state_of_arousal
Explorer
Explorer

Post by state_of_arousal »

My main complaint here is something I haven't seen mentioned:

I was not tricked. When I copied and pasted the link I noticed the strange characters so I deleted them, but the "real" link shown lead to a page that said "invalid link URL" - meaning that even though I was not tricked, there was no way to continue the tease and "win".

If people want to voluntarily participate in blackmail then I believe they have that right, but saying you intend to trick them and then not providing any sort of a reward or continuation when they don't fall for your tricks is kind of lame.

Just my two cents...if you're going to try to trick people to "win" then you should also reward them if they are not tricked.

You should make the real link lead to an actual puzzle or at least a code for continuation, where the tease can reach a conclusion and you congratulate the player for not falling for your trick.
DuctTapeTwist
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious

Post by DuctTapeTwist »

I've PMed with Mistress Amber (probably too much) since delving down the rabbit hole that is this tease. She's been very good about keep a fair level of anticipation over being tricked, but being reassuring about the whole thing. Prior to this tease, blackmail was not even something I'd considered, but she helped to introduce it in a relatively safe way. I think, that with the warnings, she's got a really good and unique tease here.
mr-apple
Explorer
Explorer

Post by mr-apple »

mistressamber wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:49 am In my opinion, this website is the perfect place to discover new kinks and fetishes. And if the more extreme fetishes, like findom and blackmail, can be experienced in a low risk environment, that's even better. Otherwise the only option is to deep dive into the real thing to find out.

If this tease was high risk, very strict, "if you don't pay, I *will* tell everyone", then I'd agree with you. But that's not the case here (even though that fear needs to be created to get the full effect).
I understand your thoughts and i do see milovana as a perfect website to discover new kinks and fetishes. though i dont agree with you in the safety aspect. in my opinion, as far as the tease is within milovana, it should be safe and good to play. but if now any person makes themselves the safety keeper, i dont find that safe at all!

For me or other users, you are just another user, whom i would not trust with private information, or would you with anybody? would you do the tease and be not afraid, that for example your emails are used and sold secretly for advertisement to bigger companies?

So even if you say, that you wont do bad things with the information, nobody can be shure. and i dont talk about the blackmail, but about if the private information may be used and archived for 3rd parties. So i dont think of your tease as fitting and secure, even if you say so.

mistressamber wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 1:49 am I don't assume everyone takes the warning seriously, that's why this part is said at the beginning (and the end) as well:
"If you feel uncomfortable at the end of the tease, you can PM me."

People who PM me (or email me, you can see my email at the end of a normal playthrough), can resolve this with me in private messages.
This is now another thing, that is not optimal. Why should the process to "close or end the tease" be made more difficult, so i need to PM you, so that you clear my personal data? In my opinion, this goes beyond normal teases and is annoying. Because if i forget, my data will be still with "a random person".

Having now warnings in your updated tease wont clear the data of the users, that played the tease and had not the warning. And a tease here should not have me to actively work for it, to have my data be cleared of your archives. I dont support it and dont know why such a tease is allowed here, in this form. If done correctly from the beginning, many of those problems might not occur.
mr-apple
Explorer
Explorer

Post by mr-apple »

Gracer wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:12 am Also, I think the warning page should be separate to the first page where it asks "what would you like to be called?" to make it seem more serious, instead of a fleeting message.
I think so too, that it should be labeled the right way.

@mistressamber
Also i request from the Milovana moderatrors, that for your tease, that works with private information of the users, it would be more secure and recommendet, if your identity is validated and your confidentiality confirmed. And the providers of Milovana should vouch for then validated persons like you, that work with private user data. also your starting screen of your tease, for everyone to see at starting, could mention that you are validated and your confidentiality is confirmed, if it is done. And only then would i may consider your tease "secure", as you work with private user data.

And since you seem to be a person that knows how to program codes and more, you should know how important data security is and should be taken.
Eliel
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual

Post by Eliel »

Touché...
Well this has definitely taught me a lesson :lol:

This was by far the best blackmail tease I have ever seen on here
animenerdone
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by animenerdone »

How long did this tease take to make? And when is part 2? 🥺
lmind
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by lmind »

This tease is a true technical innovation on Milovana. I was very impressed with the coding, and the model is hot, too.

To the players: I entered fake information, which I suggest everyone should always do, in every tease. Build a fake alt persona for yourself, and use that persona's information every time a tease asks for your name, pet name, or any other info.

To the author and Milovana: I played the revised version of the tease, and I do not think the consent warnings are sufficient. On a fantasy game site like Milovana, it is insufficient to say "By continuing this tease, you consent to being blackmailed," even if you provide substantial detail, because all of those warnings are likely to be interpreted as part of the sexy fantasy, not as reality. I understand that the tease currently says more than that, but I think what it does say is still insufficient to satisfy informed consent. The only adequate informed consent here must be explicit, fully detailed, and provided in a context where it is clear that the warning is not part of the fantasy. It must explain exactly what is going to happen, before the tease begins, and leave no surprises. To be clear, informed consent here must at the very least say "This tease encodes the information you provide into a hyperlink. The hyperlink is disguised as a link to a harmless website. But when you click that hyperlink, you will transmit your information outside of Milovana. The information will be sent to Mistress Amber and used to blackmail you IN REAL LIFE. Only continue if you consent to blackmail IN REAL LIFE, outside the safety of Milovana."

I also understand that some might think that the thrill is ruined, or substantially diminished, if the trick is revealed up front. The surprise is indeed diminished. But that is the cost of safe play and true consent. As a kink community, we gain more from thoroughly informed consent than we lose. It allows us to explore and play in a safe space. It allows us to trust not only this scene, but the next scene, and the scene after that.

I strongly suggest a much more detailed warning. Drop the mystery completely. I'm sorry, but anything less is likely to not be taken seriously and interpreted as part of the fantasy.

-lmind
vanadium
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by vanadium »

Did the exploit part break?

Spoiler on how the exploit works:"
Spoiler: show
The 'puzzle' website no longer seems to work due to a cross origin sharing warning from Chrome, Edge, and Firefox
Daragorn
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Daragorn »

For me at least the thrill of this tease was in the mind-game/challenge of trying not to be tricked, something i was 100% sure i would achieve....and once i fell for the trick, man, the rush was insane. I think i have never been so turned on for a tease.
Sure, i did use some false information so i felt kinda safe going forward, and surely this helped in just getting the good part of the trhill and not the anxiety but, nevertheless...the feeling of having been totally tricked was insanely exciting.
mistressamber
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Mistress

Post by mistressamber »

vanadium wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:46 pm Did the exploit part break?
Had a few firewall issues, should be fixed now! Thanks for reporting :-)