Routine maintenance may cause glitches

You can find important news and current events here.
fenway
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Re: Routine maintenance may cause glitches

Post by fenway »

Ummm... is anyone else encountering these issues?

When accessing some teases on the website, or through my own EOS, I've had a few things happen.

All the metronome sounds are WAY faster than they should be. For instance, 30 BPM is more like 60 BPM. It's like every one is double time. Looking into my own files, they are correct. Again, playing through teases published on the website, or through my own EOS works, I've encountered this issue today. Is there an issue with the websites internal clock that's possibly speeding up these sounds? The text scrolls appear to be loading as normal. It's only affecting metronomes for me.

Also, some of the teases I perused seemed normal, but would then freeze on a picture while the tease continued. Then, after varying amounts of time, the pictures would switch as many times as the system appeared to have missed incredibly quickly until it caught up to the correct image on the page I was on. I don't have any idea what might be causing this. I'm using chrome, but everything seems to be broken. This also applied to published teases off the website, and with my own EOS files.

These issues were not just with my own works either. :-/
If you enjoy my work and would like to see more, consider supporting me on Patreon or leaving me a tip on Ko-fi! :-)

My published teases on Milovana!

Can't wob the Kob :-D
malachiconstant
Explorer
Explorer

Post by malachiconstant »

When I load the tease Naughty Girls Schol, the images are no longer assigned to specific instructions or slides, not sure the term. They are just at random and make no sense. Everytime you click on something you get a new image. Some of these images I've never seen. It's like some library of images got all mixed up. Hoping this gets fixed! It was a good one.
jsjgyq2008
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by jsjgyq2008 »

seraph0x wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:18 am More Eos Editor fixes just rolled out: Fixed the image selector, help tab, and gallery importer.

I believe I'm all caught up so if there is any issue remaining, please let me know.

I wasn't able to track down the "Loading engine" issue. I'm hoping it was just a caching issue in which case it should resolve itself, but if you are still getting stuck on "Loading engine", please do report it so that I can monitor the situation.

Thanks everybody for the help as always! :love:
The audio and image are all mixed up, like random
koszos
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by koszos »

In the EOS the random "go to page" doesn't work properly. It conducts you to any page, instead of the page mentioned.
E.g.: "go to A1-*" it doesn't conduct you either to "A1-1", "A1-2" or "A1-3", but at any page in the tease.
Some problems, also are in the timers (some are transformed to "1s"), but this can be fixed by the user.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

So sorry about the randomizer bug, it should be fixed now! It was caused by the fix for the lag issue.

Makes me think I should add this back as an optional feature you can enable - CHAOS MODE! :lol:
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

seraph0x wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:12 pm Makes me think I should add this back as an optional feature you can enable - CHAOS MODE! :lol:
For those who want pure femdom frustration haha.

The right pictures and sounds are now playing again thanks! :love: However, I still have the same publishing issue and init script editing issue.
Spoiler: show
"Response not successful: Received status code 500" when trying to publish which is not an error code I had ever seen prior to this maintenance. Historically it says "Unexpected end of json" after a timeout.

Also, any edit to the init script puts the cursor in the middle of a letter and it is nearly impossible to control where your typing is or what gets deleted. I have tried to avoid all edits of this fashion because I wouldn't be able to fix it.
The init script editing also messes up when you are editing already existing eval text within the tease pages as well.

Not having a selection highlight in the editor has been difficult to work with as the poster below mentioned.

For other oddities so you are aware: In chrome the login is skewed to the left and the list of teases to load are displayed in a different font as links, a little less polished than the previous look.

Edit: Publishing a tease no longer has the tease published icon or message. It only returns to step 3 of the publishing process which makes it feel like nothing happened.
Last edited by indyc on Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Lmr08
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious

Post by Lmr08 »

Excellent work with the updates and getting ESO back up and running.

Not sure if these have been reported/working on but a couple of things I have found regarding EOS

1. When selecting anything on a page, the page list returns to the top, irritating to edit a block of pages halfway down your tease when you need to flick back and forth and have scroll down each time.
2. Newly created "Goto" options go to blank white screen when selected, pasted in option can be edited, seems to just be an issue with fresh ones. EDIT: After some more testing it seems it goes to white screen when you click on a "goto" field that's empty, so if you edit one that's been pasted and clear all text it also goes to white screen.
3. When selecting an option to edit on a page the option you click doesn't seem to be highlighted, so pasting something on that page always puts it at the bottom of the page and not under the option clicked on, very annoying when trying to edit anything in a "choice" thats under an "If"
Nice-Log
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Nice-Log »

Thanks for updating the site seraph0x!

I am having some troubles with EOS editor since the updates:
  • Unable to collapse the sidebar (Teases, Edit, Options, etc. Fairly certain that used to collapse automatically.
  • Clicking a command on a page doesn't keep it "selected" so then pasting a command always appends it to the bottom of the page's actions. This is making editing an absolute nightmare for me :)
  • Clicking a command on a page while no other commands are open always scrolls the list of the page's commands back to the top. Previously this would only happen when deleting the currently selected command I believe.
  • This is just a styling issue, but now I see an outline around the textbox on the Say command. It goes away when the textbox loses focus:
This is all on Windows Firefox 121. I've tried deleting cache but there's some more troubleshooting steps I want to try. If anything I'll update this post.

EDIT:
I confirmed the above points 2,3, and 4 also on Firefox for Android. Point 1 I tested this and the collapse/expand is just CSS classes based on window width. Seems like that's different than how it was before the update but my memory isn't great. Likely I'll just make a user script to make this to my liking lol.

Corraborating that I was able to reproduce this issue in Firefox in Windows and Android:
Lmr08 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:15 pm2. Newly created "Goto" options go to blank white screen when selected, pasted in option can be edited, seems to just be an issue with fresh ones. EDIT: After some more testing it seems it goes to white screen when you click on a "goto" field that's empty, so if you edit one that's been pasted and clear all text it also goes to white screen.
Also, to confirm no caching/cookies issues I confirmed all of this in Edge browser which I have never used for anything before so no caching confusion. I guess that also verifies no difference between the Firefox/Chrome engines as well.
nocnoc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by nocnoc »

I can confirm that the randomized sound and picture files issue has been resolved.

As others have stated, highlighting for editing text is broken. I can not get the last few characters of a line to delete and so forth, so editing right now is quite difficult to say the least.

Everything does feel a bit snappier and less laggy as of late. Thanks for all of the hard work.

Here is a screenshot of what trying to select an entire line of code looks like. Note the last three characters will not select. The number of characters that can not be selected grows with longer lines of text so it is some sort of percentile positioning error.
Attachments
PsyEditPic.png
PsyEditPic.png (91.91 KiB) Viewed 6128 times
Ksoles
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Ksoles »

I am now unable to use the GOTO command, when i try to select a page, the screen will redirect and go white. Thanks for the continued updates though!
jsjgyq2008
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by jsjgyq2008 »

seraph0x wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:12 pm So sorry about the randomizer bug, it should be fixed now! It was caused by the fix for the lag issue.

Makes me think I should add this back as an optional feature you can enable - CHAOS MODE! :lol:
gotoThe command is not available again. Clicking it will crash
arandommark
Explorer
Explorer

Post by arandommark »

jsjgyq2008 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:19 am
seraph0x wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 12:12 pm So sorry about the randomizer bug, it should be fixed now! It was caused by the fix for the lag issue.

gotoThe command is not available again. Clicking it will crash
A workaround I've found: for me, this only happens with empty goto commands.
So I copy already filled-out ones from other pages, paste them in, and just change the destination.

Edit: oh, also, I've run into all the problems nice-log mentioned above, along with the problem where my screen white-outs when trying to click on an empty goto command.
In addition, whenever I try to create a new action (not just when pasting) it adds it to the bottom of the page.

Using Firefox, though I also tried it out on Brave and Edge, running into the same problems there.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

Some updates:
  • Fixed the empty goto command issue.
  • Fixed the not being able to select actions issue. This should solve not being able to paste or create actions in a specific place.
  • Page list scrolling to the top: This one I may not be able to fix without some major changes unfortunately. :-/
  • I was unable to reproduce the issue about selecting lines in the script editor. Maybe someone can give the ID of a tease (doesn't need to be published as long as you don't mind me accessing it) and which script in that tease has the issue.
  • Fixed the collapsing columns on smaller screens. Please check and confirm if the issue you were seeing is fixed.
  • Regarding the outline around the say action editor: I'm going to call that a feature. I think it's useful to know that the field is highlighted. And if you want to preview what it looks like, you can always click away.
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

seraph0x wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:48 pm [*] I was unable to reproduce the issue about selecting lines in the script editor. Maybe someone can give the ID of a tease (doesn't need to be published as long as you don't mind me accessing it) and which script in that tease has the issue.
This one isn't specific to any tease, it is happening for all of mine and I hear it from others that edit eval and init script text.

It highlights mostly fine but when you edit it is where the issue lies. The cursor is not in the correct horizontal position which you can tell as soon as you start editing the middle of a line. For the time being I am writing stuff in notepad and copy pasting it in or only making edits on the far right side of each line.

I'm excited that the go-to and select actions issues are fixed. I learned to work around them but it was taking far more time than I wished.

I'm curious if you know how I can publish tease number :
https://milovana.com/webteases/showteas ... c0a6f57297
or even better, the larger:
https://milovana.com/webteases/showteas ... 1c1945e848

In the past they would both have a timeout error on publishing but now it is giving me a 500 error.

Thanks again! I hope you are staying well!
nocnoc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by nocnoc »

@seraph0x I sent you a link to one of my LOTP teases with the end of script line selection issue. I hope this helps. The issue occurs on both Chrome and Edge running on Windows 11 and Windows 10. P.S. I like the highlight outline around the text boxes.