Routine maintenance may cause glitches

You can find important news and current events here.
im_inconclusiv
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

Re: Routine maintenance may cause glitches

Post by im_inconclusiv »

Thanks a lot for the update and all the work required to solve bugs.

I have noticed that, in EOS, the eval feature for the visibility of choice options is not working properly, at least for my tease: I have a variable which, when true, should trigger the visibility of a choice option. But, when I land to the page, the choice option is not visible (even if the variable has the right value to show it :weep: ).

The eval worked properly before the update.

Thanks in advance!
r0nin47
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by r0nin47 »

Still getting Response not successful: Received status code 400 every time I try to publish anything.
Nice-Log
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Nice-Log »

seraph0x wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:48 pm Some updates:
  • Fixed the empty goto command issue.
  • Fixed the not being able to select actions issue. This should solve not being able to paste or create actions in a specific place.
  • Page list scrolling to the top: This one I may not be able to fix without some major changes unfortunately. :-/
  • I was unable to reproduce the issue about selecting lines in the script editor. Maybe someone can give the ID of a tease (doesn't need to be published as long as you don't mind me accessing it) and which script in that tease has the issue.
  • Fixed the collapsing columns on smaller screens. Please check and confirm if the issue you were seeing is fixed.
  • Regarding the outline around the say action editor: I'm going to call that a feature. I think it's useful to know that the field is highlighted. And if you want to preview what it looks like, you can always click away.
I was only able to quickly test on Firefox for Android. I'm still unable to select commands and new or pasted commands go to the top of the list instead of the bottom now. Empty goto commands seem to be working fine now though.

I tried this both with and without the "Desktop site" option turned on in Firefox, which as far as I can tell just fakes a larger screen resolution and maybe a different user agent.

Thanks for the work on fixing these issues, though!

Cheers,
Nice-Log

Edit: I figured out this happens on desktop too if the width is below 900px. That causes the column for the commands to hide and the only way back is the back button or clicking on the link on the top of the editor, both of which seem to deselect the command.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

indyc wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 1:12 am I'm curious if you know how I can publish tease number :
https://milovana.com/webteases/showteas ... c0a6f57297
or even better, the larger:
https://milovana.com/webteases/showteas ... 1c1945e848

In the past they would both have a timeout error on publishing but now it is giving me a 500 error.
Adding support for bigger teases is definitely high on the priority list but I want to get through some of these bug fixes first. Honestly, when I originally built Eos, I would have never dreamt that folks would want to build these insanely complex experiences. Now that I know there is a demand for that, I can definitely add some optimizations that make that experience better but it'll require some fairly fundamental changes to the engine.
nocnoc wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 3:15 pm @seraph0x I sent you a link to one of my LOTP teases with the end of script line selection issue. I hope this helps. The issue occurs on both Chrome and Edge running on Windows 11 and Windows 10. P.S. I like the highlight outline around the text boxes.
Thanks! The code editor issues should be fixed now.
im_inconclusiv wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:54 pmI have noticed that, in EOS, the eval feature for the visibility of choice options is not working properly, at least for my tease: I have a variable which, when true, should trigger the visibility of a choice option. But, when I land to the page, the choice option is not visible (even if the variable has the right value to show it :weep: ).

The eval worked properly before the update.
Just tried it and it worked fine for me, so it would be helpful to have an example tease ID where this occurs. Ideally just copy the link from the address bar with the specific action selected where you're having the issue.
r0nin47 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:57 pm Still getting Response not successful: Received status code 400 every time I try to publish anything.
Publishing works for me - can you give me the ID of the tease you're trying to publish please?
Nice-Log wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:31 pm new or pasted commands go to the top of the list instead of the bottom now.
Just fixed this, thanks!
Nice-Log wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:31 pm I figured out this happens on desktop too if the width is below 900px. That causes the column for the commands to hide and the only way back is the back button or clicking on the link on the top of the editor, both of which seem to deselect the command.
Ah, I see what you're saying. Wouldn't that have been the same before the update though? When you click/tap an action on a mobile-sized screen, it takes you to the action editor so there is no way to select an action in order to paste or create an action after it on mobile.

I do like that you can get to the action editor just by tapping the action once, so I don't really want to change that behavior.

So what I did is to add a "Paste below" option to the action menu (three vertical dots). That should allow you to paste below a specific action, even on mobile. I could similarly also add a "Create Below" option but that would be a bit more work, so maybe sometime in the future. Hopefully "Paste Below" already solves most of it.
nocnoc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by nocnoc »

@seraph0x It took a little while after I cleared browser cache to start working, but now the script selection is fine. Thanks.
im_inconclusiv
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by im_inconclusiv »

seraph0x wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:51 pm
Just tried it and it worked fine for me, so it would be helpful to have an example tease ID where this occurs. Ideally just copy the link from the address bar with the specific action selected where you're having the issue.
Actually you are right: I have recreated the choice option and it works. No idea why the old version still has trouble, since I basically copied all code from it to the new one... :huh:
Thanks again, point solved I guess!
jsjgyq2008
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by jsjgyq2008 »

The script cannot be copied, making it more difficult to edit and modify
nocnoc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by nocnoc »

@jsjgyq2008 The script editing, including copy and paste, should be working now. I had to clear my browser cache and then I also had to wait an hour or so (odd) before it was working again. Also I had it revert briefly to not working, repeated said process once again, and it has been fine since.

* Update: This is very odd, but the inability to select the entire line of script issue keeps coming and going for me. It works, then stops working, then works again. Anyone else having this problem?

* Update #2: I can now confirm that refreshing cache isn't even needed. When script selection stops working, I wait a few minutes, refresh the page and then the issue goes away again for a while.

* Update #3: I figured out how to reproduce the script selection bug. With a tease open, opening up a second tab to view the script causes the glitch. Then a page refresh appears to fix the issue.
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

The paste below button seems to turn whatever page you were editing to white and inaccessible. You can refresh to other pages fine but as soon as you open up that page again it seems to be forever white.

Tease 67489 page napl for reference.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

nocnoc wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:13 pm* Update #3: I figured out how to reproduce the script selection bug. With a tease open, opening up a second tab to view the script causes the glitch. Then a page refresh appears to fix the issue.
Awesome, thanks for the reproduction steps. It should be fixed now.

(In case anyone is curious: The issue was that the editor would sometimes load before the font so it would measure the character width incorrectly and therefore show the cursor in the wrong spot. The fix was to explicitly wait for the font to load and then tell the editor to remeasure it.)
indyc wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:02 pm The paste below button seems to turn whatever page you were editing to white and inaccessible. You can refresh to other pages fine but as soon as you open up that page again it seems to be forever white.

Fixed! Thanks for the report!
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

seraph0x wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:30 pm
indyc wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:02 pm The paste below button seems to turn whatever page you were editing to white and inaccessible. You can refresh to other pages fine but as soon as you open up that page again it seems to be forever white.

Fixed! Thanks for the report!
While I can now edit that page again (thanks!), dragging an action to a different part of the page reverts to where you dragged it from now. In other words, I can't seem to re-order any actions.

Edit: This seems specific to the page that was whited out. While I can see it again, I can't seem to do anything to edit it. If I duplicate the page the same problem happens. If I copy paste something to another page from it, it reverts it as well.
Last edited by indyc on Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SecretTeaseLover
Explorer
Explorer

Post by SecretTeaseLover »

I cannot paste anything into an empty asynchronous timer. Once I create an action under the timer, I can paste again. And thanks for all the improvements so far, it's so much faster than before.
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

indyc wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:07 pm Edit: This seems specific to the page that was whited out. While I can see it again, I can't seem to do anything to edit it. If I duplicate the page the same problem happens. If I copy paste something to another page from it, it reverts it as well.
Fixed!
SecretTeaseLover wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:25 pm I cannot paste anything into an empty asynchronous timer. Once I create an action under the timer, I can paste again. And thanks for all the improvements so far, it's so much faster than before.
Fixed!

Thanks for the clear and specific bug reports. It helps so much! :love:
mr-apple
Explorer
Explorer

Post by mr-apple »

I think i found a bug. at least for me.

It is found under the user settings.

Board index --> User Control Panel --> Board preferences --> Edit global settings

There i can change my settings and when i click on the "submit" button, it should save the changes.
But after reloading the website or reentering the user settings, it resets itself, as if i couldnt save it.
May it be caused by your Routine maintenance?

And as for the browser, i use firefox by the way. :-)
nocnoc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by nocnoc »

@Seraph0x I wanted to give a public thanks and a thumbs up for these updates and fast bug fixes. It looks like most of the bugs have been ironed out, so I'm going back to work on my RPG. I'm not sure what you did behind the scenes, but I find that working on Legend of the Psyons that has a json file size of a whopping 19 megabytes is now much more responsive. Things load, edit, save, and upload much faster. I haven't encountered a single issue as of late. I was worried as things were starting to bog down with this 3 year project and I wasn't sure I was going to be able to finish it in the final form that I had imagined.