Routine maintenance may cause glitches

You can find important news and current events here.
ooo_will_ooo
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Re: Routine maintenance may cause glitches

Post by ooo_will_ooo »

seraph0x wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:22 am
bobbylol wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 2:01 am Teases still stuck on loading engine
Can someone with this bug let me know which browser they're using? I haven't been able to reproduce this yet.

Hi! it happens to me as well, im using BRAVE browser
Wasserflasche03
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Wasserflasche03 »

Hi, when trying to add images from gallery in EOS Editor, DevTools gives the following error:

index-68ce4001.js:40 ReferenceError: jsx is not defined
at index.modern-523f331b.js:3:965
at Object.useMemo (index-68ce4001.js:38:25841)
at Ve.useMemo (index-68ce4001.js:9:6208)
at L (index.modern-523f331b.js:3:946)
at fl (FileSelectionDialog-9a5544cf.js:46:237)
at d1 (index-68ce4001.js:38:19518)
at NT (index-68ce4001.js:40:44027)
at DT (index-68ce4001.js:40:39763)
at c4 (index-68ce4001.js:40:39691)
at Rp (index-68ce4001.js:40:39545)

I have tried Opera and Chrome

I hope it helps with the analysis :-)
seraph0x
Administrator
Administrator

Post by seraph0x »

More Eos Editor fixes just rolled out: Fixed the image selector, help tab, and gallery importer.

I believe I'm all caught up so if there is any issue remaining, please let me know.

I wasn't able to track down the "Loading engine" issue. I'm hoping it was just a caching issue in which case it should resolve itself, but if you are still getting stuck on "Loading engine", please do report it so that I can monitor the situation.

Thanks everybody for the help as always! :love:
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

I'm still getting the "Response not successful: Received status code 500" when trying to publish which is not an error code I had ever seen prior to this maintenance. Historically it says "Unexpected end of json" after a timeout.

Also, any edit to the init script puts the cursor in the middle of a letter and it is nearly impossible to control where your typing is or what gets deleted. I have tried to avoid all edits of this fashion because I wouldn't be able to fix it.

I'm also still having the stuck on loading modules after clearing cache but it seems to happen more often when I preview a specific page compared to starting the tease from the beginning. (Though I have issues with both that come and go)

When this happens the console doesn't even seem to say much of anything. However, I did find this:
Spoiler: show
A form field element has neither an id nor a name attribute. This might prevent the browser from correctly autofilling the form.
To fix this issue, add a unique id or name attribute to a form field. This is not strictly needed, but still recommended even if you have an autocomplete attribute on the same element.
Thank you for putting overtime in for us.
cyclones11
Explorer
Explorer

Post by cyclones11 »

EOS editor seems to be fully working now. It also fully works on mobile which it did not before. Typing into the "say" actions works totally fine for me and the eval function can be edited on mobile. They evals worked before but deleting took roughly 15 hits of the backspace per character before. As of now it looks like the whole update was an improvement
Croix777
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Croix777 »

seraph0x wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:18 am More Eos Editor fixes just rolled out: Fixed the image selector, help tab, and gallery importer.

I believe I'm all caught up so if there is any issue remaining, please let me know.

I wasn't able to track down the "Loading engine" issue. I'm hoping it was just a caching issue in which case it should resolve itself, but if you are still getting stuck on "Loading engine", please do report it so that I can monitor the situation.

Thanks everybody for the help as always! :love:
I was still getting this issue, but your guess about it being a caching issue seems correct. I cleared my cache and now it's working. So I would suggest anyone else still experiencing it to do the same.
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

I have cleared my all time cache (chrome) a few times today and I'm still having the same issues mentioned previously with publishing (init script editing, publishing, etc). However, I have not been stuck on loading modules yet today and everything has loaded.

I am now getting a new bug where it is playing random songs/sounds whenever the tease is supposed to play an mp3. It is like it is randomly pulling from the entire file list as a wildcard each time.
cyclones11
Explorer
Explorer

Post by cyclones11 »

indyc wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:33 pm I have cleared my all time cache (chrome) a few times today and I'm still having the same issues mentioned previously with publishing (init script editing, publishing, etc). However, I have not been stuck on loading modules yet today and everything has loaded.

I am now getting a new bug where it is playing random songs/sounds whenever the tease is supposed to play an mp3. It is like it is randomly pulling from the entire file list as a wildcard each time.
I think I am getting something similar where I have random page selection based on the name, so game-* is taking me to any random page and not the pages that start with the string "game". I have checked my logic a bunch and it should be good but I keep getting random pages.

Also selecting the goto command makes my page go white and I have to hit back and reload. I can however copy it and paste it then edit it.
bbb11__
Explorer
Explorer

Post by bbb11__ »

cyclones11 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:03 pm
I think I am getting something similar where I have random page selection based on the name, so game-* is taking me to any random page and not the pages that start with the string "game". I have checked my logic a bunch and it should be good but I keep getting random pages.

Also selecting the goto command makes my page go white and I have to hit back and reload. I can however copy it and paste it then edit it.
Same issues here. Random pages loading despite the naming convention. Adding Choices or Go-To actions results in white screen, refreshing does not resolve have to close tab.
I’m on iOS safari (I know it’s not a god browser for this)
boundupone
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by boundupone »

First off, thanks for your continued work on the site, is great to see it is still being worked on, and I look forward to any future developments you may have in mind.

One issue I have found on EOS is I dont seem be able to change the name of a tease. It goes through the process, but after you change the text and press "rename" button, nothing happens, no error message, it just doesnt make the requested change
Try anything once!
Ksoles
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Ksoles »

Thank you for the ongoing work, since yesterday in EOS, all the images have now become random it seems, not allowing you to choose a particular one. Thanks
nocnoc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by nocnoc »

I have been unable to preview test my huge Legend of the Psyons project since the update. The tease can load, and it can save on edit, but when I go to run a preview I get an endless "loading engine" screen. I have about 3 years of work into this tease/RPG game.

Update: After an additional cache clearing it now appears to be working. Yay!

But... the wrong sound files are playing for the estim.
Last edited by nocnoc on Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
SecretTeaseLover
Explorer
Explorer

Post by SecretTeaseLover »

bbb11__ wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 5:41 pm Adding Choices or Go-To actions results in white screen, refreshing does not resolve have to close tab.
This and I also have problems with audio identifiers in EOS editor - when I try to use eval to play sound it sometimes messes up and plays the wrong sound for some reason. I've tried re-uploading the files again, but can't get it to work. It worked before changes to the EOS/site so I'm pretty sure there is an issue somewhere.
tousr
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by tousr »

Hey, I encountered some other kind of "issue". Some teases use feedback from the Audio Module (via "end" Events on the Sound Target) to emulate some kind of window.setTimeout() behavior inside the EOS VM.

It seems like something introduced a big delay in those events, rendering this approach useless (at least this seems to be the case for me). This may be a byproduct of any other change. I understand, that misusing the Audio Module like that may not be intended and the change won't be reverted, but having some sort of parallelism inside of the VM is crucial to some tease ideas.

While typing this and looking at this thread, I read, that loading audio files is currently not working properly. Maybe an incorrect audio file was loaded during my tests. I'll post this anyways, just in case this was not the underlying issue.
nocnoc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by nocnoc »

tousr wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:25 pm Hey, I encountered some other kind of "issue". Some teases use feedback from the Audio Module (via "end" Events on the Sound Target) to emulate some kind of window.setTimeout() behavior inside the EOS VM.

It seems like something introduced a big delay in those events, rendering this approach useless (at least this seems to be the case for me). This may be a byproduct of any other change. I understand, that misusing the Audio Module like that may not be intended and the change won't be reverted, but having some sort of parallelism inside of the VM is crucial to some tease ideas.

While typing this and looking at this thread, I read, that loading audio files is currently not working properly. Maybe an incorrect audio file was loaded during my tests. I'll post this anyways, just in case this was not the underlying issue.
I don't think this would be considered a misuse of the audio module. The end callback for a silent sound is a reasonable way to allow for real time events to trigger using a timer count tethered to the end event of a silent sound of one second or what not. LOTP uses this. I think the delay that you are experiencing is that it is picking a sound at random to play for the callback and that the randomly selected sound is longer than the one you are expecting to play. All the sound files in my project are playing as though they are being randomly selected instead of the specified handle.