"Destiny" Remake

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
Mukuloper
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

"Destiny" Remake

Post by Mukuloper »

I wold love to do a remake of this tease.

But I guess the Eos Editor is not my natural habitat. I think the story is good enough as it is now.
But pathing and pace could be better and maybe some more options.

If anyone is able to help me with that, I would be very happy.

https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=54142
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Re: "Destiny" Remake

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Mukuloper wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:32 am I wold love to do a remake of this tease.

But I guess the Eos Editor is not my natural habitat. I think the story is good enough as it is now.
But pathing and pace could be better and maybe some more options.

If anyone is able to help me with that, I would be very happy.

https://milovana.com/webteases/showtease.php?id=54142

Briefly, This should give you a fresh new copy of the tease and from there you can start editing and making whatever changes you desire.

The EOS editor is not really anyone's natural habitat, but with the above to get you started and a little patience and practice you'll figure it out. And there are lots of helpful people around if/when you have more questions.

PG
Mukuloper
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Mukuloper »

Thanks, but I was looking for someone who is able to make the changes.

That would be amazing
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Mukuloper wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:43 pm Thanks, but I was looking for someone who is able to make the changes.

That would be amazing
Ah! My bad. I didn't realize that you were the author of the original. I thought you were wanting to modify one someone else wrote.

If you have specific things you would like to adjust, provide details and I'll have a go at it.

I had a quick look and you've accomplished quite a bit already. What things seem to be giving you the most trouble in EOS?

PG
Mukuloper
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Mukuloper »

Hey, thanks for the offer.

My biggest problem is, that I lose quickly the overview.

Also there needs to be something wrong with the tease, cause it only has 3.4 rating.

See, I love to write and not to edit the tease.

But I guess that the paths are too short, the teasing might be too much in a short time.
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PlayfulGuy »

Mukuloper wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:00 am Hey, thanks for the offer.

My biggest problem is, that I lose quickly the overview.

Also there needs to be something wrong with the tease, cause it only has 3.4 rating.

See, I love to write and not to edit the tease.

But I guess that the paths are too short, the teasing might be too much in a short time.
Note: This reply got way longer than I expected it to be when I started :-D

Hey, just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about this and have been looking at it a bit.
With all the issues editing EOS teases since the recent site updates it's been hard to do much.

For now, a rewrite of this is much more than I have time for, but I have found a few things that might help you if you choose to work on it.

One thing in particular that may really help you in editing teases is to name the pages based on what they are for, or what branch of the tease they are in. All of the pages in your tease are just named pagexx. With 100 pages like that it's impossible to really remember what each of those pages are for.

I've made some edits that you can preview here: https://milovana.com/webteases/showteas ... e0be0f4186
and download a copy of the script here: https://milovana.com/webteases/geteossc ... e0be0f4186
I've renamed a bunch of the pages to give you an idea of what I mean. (You can save and then upload that script into your tease to update it if you want)

If you start the tease and follow the prompts and pick Shower, Dress Casual, Cooking etc. and have a look at the script you'll see that I've renamed the relevant pages to reflect the actions being performed, and used numbers to identify the path we're on. So for example, sometimes you get to "Cooking" through one path, and I named that page "Cooking1". Other times you get to cooking through a different path so I would name that page Cooking2, using the "2" suffix to identify related pages on that path. I'm sure you get the idea.

Secondly, I think you need to start with an overall plan, and even sketch out a flowchart of where you want to go, what paths you want available, and which choices determine the path and final outcome. At least one of the paths I followed dead ends and suddenly takes you back to the start. From what you've done, you seem to have a fairly clear idea of what you want, but it's grown big enough you need some strategies to help you manage it. A simple flowchart outlining the paths you want can be very valuable, and help guide you in naming the pages for that path.

Another thing I was trying to build in to demonstrate for you (but haven't finished because of site issues) was some conditional decision making, and recording of decisions made. I would have it record whether or not you shower, and how you dressed for example. For instance from the GetDressed page you can go to DressCasual or DressSmart. On those pages I set a variable like Dressed = "smart" or Dressed = "casual" to record the users selection.

Other pages can then use conditionals to test how they dressed, or whether or not they showered, and alter their behavior accordingly. For example, you could show different images depending on how they dressed, or display different options if they showered or did not shower.

This prevents you from having to duplicate pages, and can't make it easier to understand and manage. For example, you would have one page to handle "WifeArrivesHome" and that one page would handle the different combinations of conditions.
If you showered and cooked you go this way.
If you showered and cleaned you go that way.
and so on.

When the EOS editor issues get resolved I'll try and do a little more for you to demonstrate what I mean, then leave it with you. Like I said this has turned out to be bigger than I can take on right now, but it is of interest, so if you continue to work on it I'll help out as I can.

Cheers,

PG
Mukuloper
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Mukuloper »

Thanks!