⌨️ Keystroke 2.0 [Feedback & Hack Share]

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
Errant__
Explorer
Explorer

Re: ⌨️ Keystroke 2.0 [Feedback & Hack Share]

Post by Errant__ »

indyc wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:33 am
-The requirements for perfect ignores caps and punctuation on all basic encounters but cares about them for bosses. That being said, the first letter is never case sensitive to make it far easier to play on phones.
I understand, my suggestion was mainly that spaces should always count (i.e., they should not be lumped in with punctuation for the ignore-punctuation encounters), because otherwise you can just take the shortcut of not typing any spaces at all, which feels very cheaty for a typing game.
indyc wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:33 am -Yeah, I was thinking cuffs would persist but can always change them to not. When you say double cuffed do you mean 2 notifications showing up at the same time or just the event happening back to back?
I believe I had two cuffed notifications stacked.
indyc wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:33 am -Does that mean the bugs don't update when she removes them? Or they don't update when you use them?
I believe that even though she claimed she was removing them, she actually wasn't: I could still see the original count in the sidebar, and I could spend them on hacks.
indyc wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:33 am -I can't find anything that would have caused the Jasmine phrases being wrong like that. Are those verbatim because I can't find them.
Apologies, looks like that quote wasn't verbatim. I have managed to reproduce it (quotes verbatim this time):
Begin Jasmine fight --> don't smoke --> don't take lamp --> type --> "I'm glad you aren't destabilizing me right then, I might have called the guards"
Type again: "I have to give it to you though, risking your life to enter in my chambers and then not even typing. You aren't an ordinary street rat."
indyc wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:33 am -Would you happen to know where the "Enjoying the music" quote came from?
90% sure it was the neon nights boss fight with the boss that plays music.

Some extra observations from more recent plays:

- Princess with the painting curse timer: if you lose before the timer expires, and then it expires, you get sent back into princess world and on to the next program.

- Princess with the rose petals falling: pressing X can cause petals to fall? Is that normal?

- Eva @ Beach: if Eva's impatience hits right when you finish a prompt, you get into a weird frozen/crash state (for me, the damage I dealt repeated once, taking her from 6->3->0 stability, and then one more time, and then the game was completely locked).

- X at the start of the shower encounter in stadium causes it to restart the encounter.
Spoiler: show
- Attempting to use everything with 0 bees should fail, rather than "successfully" dealing 0 damage, because otherwise you can get through an encounter freely by simply spamming the hack.
- webfluid gives a gooner error even when not gooning? Not sure how it's supposed to work.
- nextlevel on level 5 takes you to the final victory, instead of the AI boss. Not sure if that's intended.
- Beach encounter with Taylor + other girl: defend only gives 4 files.
- Looks like the values shown in diagnostic actually need to be multiplied by 100 to be real percentages.
- Halloween: the treat girl can get into a state where every X makes her play the treat animation over again (not sure how, but for reference, I treated twice in the fight).

Finally, I'd be interested to try a speedrun. Does the game have any kind of official timer for this? Are there any special rules, e.g. around hacks that are allowed?
Formerly Errant_...
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

Errant__ wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:42 am I understand, my suggestion was mainly that spaces should always count (i.e., they should not be lumped in with punctuation for the ignore-punctuation encounters), because otherwise you can just take the shortcut of not typing any spaces at all, which feels very cheaty for a typing game.
Yeah, I get what you are saying now - spaces aren't exactly punctuation. I will take some time thinking about this but would have to get some coding help to change that. My other thought was that not typing spaces might spoil you when you hit a boss but like I said, I'll think about changing spaces.
Errant__ wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:42 am I believe I had two cuffed notifications stacked.
Dang, notification issues are really hard to find and I haven't figured this one out yet.
Errant__ wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:42 am I believe that even though she claimed she was removing them, she actually wasn't: I could still see the original count in the sidebar, and I could spend them on hacks.
Hmm, looking over I don't see where this could have happened but I'll keep an eye out for it. The maid is only supposed to remove 2 bugs at a time but you probably already understood that.
Errant__ wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:42 am Apologies, looks like that quote wasn't verbatim. I have managed to reproduce it (quotes verbatim this time):
Begin Jasmine fight --> don't smoke --> don't take lamp --> type --> "I'm glad you aren't destabilizing me right then, I might have called the guards"
Type again: "I have to give it to you though, risking your life to enter in my chambers and then not even typing. You aren't an ordinary street rat."
Please don't apologize for anything. These bug reports are super helpful and it is my unorganized style that makes it so difficult to find specific things. This one has me quite puzzled. I could see how things get wonky if you are rubbing the lamp but if you didn't pick it up I have been unable to recreate this.
Errant__ wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:42 am 90% sure it was the neon nights boss fight with the boss that plays music.
Found it, thanks!
Errant__ wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:42 am Princess with the painting curse timer: if you lose before the timer expires, and then it expires, you get sent back into princess world and on to the next program.
Good catch, fixed.
Errant__ wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:42 am - Princess with the rose petals falling: pressing X can cause petals to fall? Is that normal?
No, not normal but fixed now.
Errant__ wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:42 am - Eva @ Beach: if Eva's impatience hits right when you finish a prompt, you get into a weird frozen/crash state (for me, the damage I dealt repeated once, taking her from 6->3->0 stability, and then one more time, and then the game was completely locked).
Quite the edge case you found. I chanced how it works a bit to hopefully not crash anymore.
Errant__ wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:42 am X at the start of the shower encounter in stadium causes it to restart the encounter.
It turns out that X anywhere during this would not progress things. Fixed.

The all 🐝 hack is changed now to make more sense. There are other hacks that can progress things for "free" but I don't think you beat the game or get new hacks with them.

Looks like the Spider Gwen hack wasn't even working even remotely right. Fixed it!

Level skip hack fixed. That was an oversight from before the final boss existed.

Taylor beach encounter now has 2 targets. I am sure I messed up target count in several other places. I'm glad you are using that hack - I rarely get feedback on if anyone sees them worthy.

The values in that hack are now shown as correct percentages.
Errant__ wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:42 am - Halloween: the treat girl can get into a state where every X makes her play the treat animation over again (not sure how, but for reference, I treated twice in the fight).
Though I'm kinda ok with this because you will run out of candy, I still fixed it to make it match player expectation.
Errant__ wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 10:42 am Finally, I'd be interested to try a speedrun. Does the game have any kind of official timer for this? Are there any special rules, e.g. around hacks that are allowed?
Fantastic! Though I haven't announced the official rules they will probably be the following:
You would basically have to give me a victory screenshot with a stopwatch like so:
speed.png
speed.png (120.99 KiB) Viewed 6134 times
Then PM me a breakdown of the important moves you took to get that time. The game itself does not have an official timer but I should make one to make everyone's lives easier...
I think all hacks should be allowed other than God Mode. I'll consider if the skip to the later stages hack should be allowed but it will be at least for now.

The speedrun winner would get 🧩🧩🧩🧩🧩 and then another 🧩 for each day they remain the victor! It would probably cap out at 15 or so but we shall see. Speaking of which, you are earning plenty of 🧩 for bug reports as it is - thanks!
adjones
Explorer
Explorer

Post by adjones »

Hi,

really great tease having a lot of fun trying different options/routes :)
One route seem to get me stuck however, not sure why it happens but seems to be reproducible:
At the police station I tend to get stuck at the encounter with the two girls wanting to interrogate you.
Seems to be related to the amount of police attention you get. If all stars are full prior to this encounter it seems to be stuck at the end if you escape. I only see this screen and have to restart the tease.
stuck_screen.png
stuck_screen.png (432.63 KiB) Viewed 5895 times
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

adjones wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:27 am Hi,

really great tease having a lot of fun trying different options/routes :)
One route seem to get me stuck however, not sure why it happens but seems to be reproducible:
At the police station I tend to get stuck at the encounter with the two girls wanting to interrogate you.
Seems to be related to the amount of police attention you get. If all stars are full prior to this encounter it seems to be stuck at the end if you escape. I only see this screen and have to restart the tease.
stuck_screen.png
I was never able to reproduce or find why it may be crashing after receiving about 4 of these reports of this specific one. However, you mentioning that it could be caused by loading it with full wanted made me see that it is the only police station encounter missing a line of code somehow that is causing it. I'm trying to upload the fix now - thanks!

I'm so glad you are liking it so much!
Errant__
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Errant__ »

indyc wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:58 pm This one has me quite puzzled. I could see how things get wonky if you are rubbing the lamp but if you didn't pick it up I have been unable to recreate this.
I can repro this one consistently. An even more precise sequence that I went through:
Don't smoke (X twice) -> type perfect -> leave lamp -> type perfect -> "I'm glad you aren't destabilizing me right then, I might have called the guards." -> keep typing, she keeps thinking I'm not.
indyc wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:58 pm Taylor beach encounter now has 2 targets. I am sure I messed up target count in several other places. I'm glad you are using that hack - I rarely get feedback on if anyone sees them worthy.
The "target" terminology is a little confusing, but besides that the hack is great. Used properly it's probably the best bang for your bug ( :-D) to build up files.

indyc wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:58 pm Fantastic! Though I haven't announced the official rules they will probably be the following:
You would basically have to give me a victory screenshot with a stopwatch like so:
speed.png
Then PM me a breakdown of the important moves you took to get that time. The game itself does not have an official timer but I should make one to make everyone's lives easier...
I think all hacks should be allowed other than God Mode. I'll consider if the skip to the later stages hack should be allowed but it will be at least for now.

The speedrun winner would get 🧩🧩🧩🧩🧩 and then another 🧩 for each day they remain the victor! It would probably cap out at 15 or so but we shall see. Speaking of which, you are earning plenty of 🧩 for bug reports as it is - thanks!
Look forward to giving it a try! Definitely having the in-game timer would be great.

Finally, a few more things I encountered:

- I beat the redhead "Ah, just in time for your evaluation. Come on in dear." encounter in the hospital, and the next one was her again.

- Vampire boss fight: you can get into a state where you can just infinitely type to kill the boss without anything. I think this happens if you enter the sequence where you're searching for the vampire with Romi, and then the "feeding on guests" timer completes. It was on this screen: https://media.milovana.com/timg/tb_xl/5 ... 0d9c97.jpg
Fantastic encounter, by the way. Even without liking the models particularly, I really really enjoy the narrative and hypno aspects.

- Is it normal that you can get Octokuro obsession even if you run away almost immediately (first 1-2 turns)?

- When a hack doesn't show up after defeating a boss, does it just mean that I already had it in my DB? This has confused me for a while.
Formerly Errant_...
lo1794
Explorer
Explorer

Post by lo1794 »

Since today several game-breaking bugs have appeared (Both on Firefox Linux and Firefox Android, in non E-stim mode): many pages fail to load (this includes all the X/wait/error pages in Level 1), and the wrong music tracks/sound effects are loaded. Was this caused by the server update?
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

@Errant_ I'm thrilled to tackle these new fixes but have to wait for the server maintenance to finish.
lo1794 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:53 am Since today several game-breaking bugs have appeared (Both on Firefox Linux and Firefox Android, in non E-stim mode): many pages fail to load (this includes all the X/wait/error pages in Level 1), and the wrong music tracks/sound effects are loaded. Was this caused by the server update?
Definitely caused by the update and I considered unpublishing it during this time before it angers more people. I'm really hoping this gets cleared up soon.
Royal_Site555
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Royal_Site555 »

Absolutely amazing tease. Took 2 attempts to beat the final boss. Had to use the most of my hacking knowledge on my 2nd Playthrough.

Almost too many things to list that I liked that probably hasn't already been stated. Thanks for this one. Even did a few runs on my mobile which worked great!

Still a bit uncertain if I should keep or delete foes when defeated and what the exact ramifications are. I type around 80-90 WPM so this tease wasn't terrible hard on a typing scale. But the bosses and hacks were very tricky at times.
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

Errant__ wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:00 am I can repro this one consistently. An even more precise sequence that I went through:
Don't smoke (X twice) -> type perfect -> leave lamp -> type perfect -> "I'm glad you aren't destabilizing me right then, I might have called the guards." -> keep typing, she keeps thinking I'm not.
While I have no clue why it happens I was able to finally reproduce it. My only thought is that the issue might not be only isolated to her. I put in a rigged fix that hopefully doesn't break anything else.
Errant__ wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:00 am - I beat the redhead "Ah, just in time for your evaluation. Come on in dear." encounter in the hospital, and the next one was her again.
I have no clue for how this might have happened and can't reproduce it yet. Would you somehow happen to remember how you defeated her?
Errant__ wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:00 am - Vampire boss fight: you can get into a state where you can just infinitely type to kill the boss without anything. I think this happens if you enter the sequence where you're searching for the vampire with Romi, and then the "feeding on guests" timer completes. It was on this screen: https://media.milovana.com/timg/tb_xl/5 ... 0d9c97.jpg
Fantastic encounter, by the way. Even without liking the models particularly, I really really enjoy the narrative and hypno aspects.
I put a workaround fix for this but good catch. It was one of the hardest encounters to make but glad you liked it so much!
Errant__ wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:00 am - Is it normal that you can get Octokuro obsession even if you run away almost immediately (first 1-2 turns)?
Speaking of hard to make encounters... haha. What you described only happens when you start the scene with decently high hypno level. Otherwise you will escape mostly unscathed. I am looking into if I need to inform the player of this more.
Errant__ wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:00 am - When a hack doesn't show up after defeating a boss, does it just mean that I already had it in my DB? This has confused me for a while.
I don't think so? Every hack has a drop rate and when you start finding more and more of them there is less to pull from and the "hit rate" starts to go down gradually. The original intention was to force players into sharing hacks with each other to feel more like an MMO but it has only sort of worked to this point.
indyc wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:46 am
lo1794 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:53 am Since today several game-breaking bugs have appeared (Both on Firefox Linux and Firefox Android, in non E-stim mode): many pages fail to load (this includes all the X/wait/error pages in Level 1), and the wrong music tracks/sound effects are loaded. Was this caused by the server update?
Definitely caused by the update and I considered unpublishing it during this time before it angers more people. I'm really hoping this gets cleared up soon.
The issues got worse, and then they cleared up!
Royal_Site555 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 9:17 am Absolutely amazing tease. Took 2 attempts to beat the final boss. Had to use the most of my hacking knowledge on my 2nd Playthrough.

Almost too many things to list that I liked that probably hasn't already been stated. Thanks for this one. Even did a few runs on my mobile which worked great!

Still a bit uncertain if I should keep or delete foes when defeated and what the exact ramifications are. I type around 80-90 WPM so this tease wasn't terrible hard on a typing scale. But the bosses and hacks were very tricky at times.
I'm so glad you liked it so much! Keeping a foe gives more bugs and adds her attributes to the "see more of that" category. Deleting a girl votes against those attributes and prevents that girl from showing up again in that playthrough.
lo1794
Explorer
Explorer

Post by lo1794 »

The 2.0 additions are even better than the original stuff, this is by far my favourite tease.

I've encountered some minor bugs:
The slow hack currently doesn't actually increase the timers.
If you exit an encounter before it ends (by dying or with hacks like skip or teleport) "timeout" effects (including fragmentation) are not removed. This can cause death loops in certain cases, for example if you die to vampirism but the "bite" timer is still on screen.
Some hacks sometimes give the "not enough bugs" message even when you do have the amount it says, I've seen this with the other and (inconsistently) skip bugs but there might be more.
The other hack doesn't always display all choices.
Sometimes effects that interrupt a prompt when a timer runs out also cause an apparently random typing outcome instead (I've seen crit, too late, and bikini, and it was the previous one repeating when I saw it).
The nextlevel hack changed back to teleport in the hint, is this intended? The 4-part 1up hack also seems to show the old commands.
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

lo1794 wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:37 am The 2.0 additions are even better than the original stuff, this is by far my favourite tease.

I've encountered some minor bugs:
The slow hack currently doesn't actually increase the timers.
If you exit an encounter before it ends (by dying or with hacks like skip or teleport) "timeout" effects (including fragmentation) are not removed. This can cause death loops in certain cases, for example if you die to vampirism but the "bite" timer is still on screen.
Some hacks sometimes give the "not enough bugs" message even when you do have the amount it says, I've seen this with the other and (inconsistently) skip bugs but there might be more.
The other hack doesn't always display all choices.
Sometimes effects that interrupt a prompt when a timer runs out also cause an apparently random typing outcome instead (I've seen crit, too late, and bikini, and it was the previous one repeating when I saw it).
The nextlevel hack changed back to teleport in the hint, is this intended? The 4-part 1up hack also seems to show the old commands.
So sorry it took me so long to respond about the fixes. I'm glad it ranks so highly for you! I was hoping it would find it's niche audience.
For slow, the coding is a bit complicated on this one and I wasn't sure how much of an impact it was having. I might have to get some coding help on this end.
Fragmentation is usually not supposed to be removed to make it more impactful. The bit timer staying after dying should not be the case though. I've hopefully fixed many of them just now that could have been causing it. Good catch on the bug check on some hacks. Some of those had the number of bugs required changed and I forgot to change the if statement as well. No idea what my excuse is for the level skip one though...

I'm not sure what you mean on the details of the prompt interrupts. Sometimes it will carry over a previous prompt submitted which normally isn't a problem but is more obvious for hacks. I am not sure how to fix this one. The teleport thing in the hack database was not on purpose, fixed now.

I changed the 4 part 1up hack in the init script now. Normally when I have to make a change like that it can break the database and further hack drops. Hopefully that won't happen.
Thanks so much for these super helpful reports!
redditaddict420 wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:03 pm This is honestly my favourite tease. Is there any way to win though? I reached the ending with some AI girl (which actually looked close to my ideal girl, wtf). No matter how many times I beat her, she just kept coming back.
I was going to respond to this here because I feel like you were describing Keystroke. The AI girl is supposed to reflect your preferences but for most people that doesn't happen right away - lucky you! Two other people have reported that bug about the final boss coming back which I haven't been able to recreate or figure it out yet. Did you face Tori when this happened?

I'm glad it is your favorite!
redditaddict420
Explorer
Explorer

Post by redditaddict420 »

Yeah, faced Tori twice actually.
plandr
Explorer
Explorer

Post by plandr »

Hi is there anyway to train it to know I like feet?
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

redditaddict420 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:28 pm Yeah, faced Tori twice actually.
Thanks for letting me know. Hopefully my recent tinkering have fixed it but I really don't know yet considering I haven't been able to re-create.
plandr wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:36 pm Hi is there anyway to train it to know I like feet?
Currently in 2.0 no. However, I have made 2 scenes for Keystroke's upcoming new level 4 zone - the Trials of the Succubi that you can do that on!
plandr
Explorer
Explorer

Post by plandr »

Cool thanks!