⌨️ Keystroke 2.0 [Feedback & Hack Share]

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: ⌨️ Keystroke 2.0 [Feedback & Hack Share]

Post by indyc »

redditaddict420 wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:20 pm I still have the same issue with boss being resurrected over and over, no matter how many times I delete her :(

Anybody can share the ending with me? I probably played this tease over 20 times at this point and not once have I won.
Oh no! I thought because I didn't hear anyone fuss about that bug for a while I thought I fixed it but there is probably another section that is happening to. She should not be caught in a loop, I'm so sorry.

Do you remember which "variant" you were fighting when it started the loop? I'll be looking for it again today.
redditaddict420
Explorer
Explorer

Post by redditaddict420 »

Not sure if this is what you asked for, but she looks like this:
Spoiler: show
Karby_Tsukumo
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by Karby_Tsukumo »

It might be too late for another feedback now??? :lol:
I finally have time to play the game again, so I decided to write some of my thought on it. I always love these type of game tease instead of a normal tease you found here, and I love the idea of the game counting your attributes and makes the girl you enjoy appear more.

I played this version a few time now, so I have a few things to say. I loved how in this version some zone has a special lost scene to them when you have more than 1 heart left (I know Neo night zone have that cute girl hypnosis lost and spooky town also has my fav lost scene) I love the cosplay zone and it's probably one of my fav one. And I liked the final boss idea (even though I am not an AI art fan) and ofc Liya the best girl.

A couple of suggestion I have, I really wish we could have get an option to see what attributes each girls has so we can know what girl we lost to/deleted can affect our run cause sometimes I don't know if beating a girl too easy would unintentionally lower my chance meeting girl I want. I also do wish the game would have more girls aiming at a person own weakness, like spooky town is my favourite "gooning" area because I loved Tattoo girls, so I was quite disappointed that even when I know I reached an extremly high tattoo attributes, the stages 5 barely has any tattoo girls (outside of police Liya :lol: ) and even the AI boss only changes breats size and race, instead of attacking me with any of my tattoo weakness. (although I understood Milovana sizes limited so you can't add too many girls).

Nevertheless it is still one of my favourite here, and I hope you have a fun time making it and not overwork yourself. Enjoy seeing your works here and have a great day
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

redditaddict420 wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 8:16 am Not sure if this is what you asked for, but she looks like this:
Thanks, I have one idea for why it might have happened and have tried to fix it. However, my eyes are peeled for what else might have happened!
Karby_Tsukumo wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:29 pm It might be too late for another feedback now??? :lol:
I finally have time to play the game again, so I decided to write some of my thought on it. I always love these type of game tease instead of a normal tease you found here, and I love the idea of the game counting your attributes and makes the girl you enjoy appear more.
It's never too late at all!
Karby_Tsukumo wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:29 pm A couple of suggestion I have, I really wish we could have get an option to see what attributes each girls has so we can know what girl we lost to/deleted can affect our run cause sometimes I don't know if beating a girl too easy would unintentionally lower my chance meeting girl I want. I also do wish the game would have more girls aiming at a person own weakness, like spooky town is my favourite "gooning" area because I loved Tattoo girls, so I was quite disappointed that even when I know I reached an extremly high tattoo attributes, the stages 5 barely has any tattoo girls (outside of police Liya :lol: ) and even the AI boss only changes breats size and race, instead of attacking me with any of my tattoo weakness. (although I understood Milovana sizes limited so you can't add too many girls).

Nevertheless it is still one of my favourite here, and I hope you have a fun time making it and not overwork yourself. Enjoy seeing your works here and have a great day
Yeah, that suggestion has been brought up a few times. While I am not willing to dump all of that attribute information and changes each time it happens for several reasons, I have been trying to communicate how a player can affect them a little better over time. (Losing to and saving a girl increases, deleting and running from decreases) Sorry level 5 doesn't have a lot of tattoos, more girls to come!

An announcement to everyone: there is now a Trials of the Succubi zone!
lo1794
Explorer
Explorer

Post by lo1794 »

I have a suggestion relevant to repeat playthroughs (non-estim version).

At the moment, most encounters are deterministic, which limits replayability: since you almost always know if you can survive a miss, you can plan around all risk and just trade your files in your favourite encounters. This is less of a problem in encounters with more roleplay or those with special mechanics, especially those with random elements.
One way this could be solved is to make elements of the encounter more random/unpredictable, for example the standard failure effect could be randomly replaced by alternate gimmicks, or some of the countdowns could be hidden completely, etc..
Anything that forces you to engage with an unknowable amount of risk if you want the reward would work great for this.
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

lo1794 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 4:46 am I have a suggestion relevant to repeat playthroughs (non-estim version).

At the moment, most encounters are deterministic, which limits replayability: since you almost always know if you can survive a miss, you can plan around all risk and just trade your files in your favourite encounters. This is less of a problem in encounters with more roleplay or those with special mechanics, especially those with random elements.
One way this could be solved is to make elements of the encounter more random/unpredictable, for example the standard failure effect could be randomly replaced by alternate gimmicks, or some of the countdowns could be hidden completely, etc..
Anything that forces you to engage with an unknowable amount of risk if you want the reward would work great for this.
That's a good bit of feedback. I didn't realize that some felt too high on the deterministic spectrum. Sadly, hidden timers get REALLY complicated when you switch from page to page so I doubt I'll go that route. I'll look into a few solutions that I think could help that perception gradually.
lo1794
Explorer
Explorer

Post by lo1794 »

indyc wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:49 pm That's a good bit of feedback. I didn't realize that some felt too high on the deterministic spectrum. Sadly, hidden timers get REALLY complicated when you switch from page to page so I doubt I'll go that route. I'll look into a few solutions that I think could help that perception gradually.
To clarify, since the way I phrased it in my previous comment kind of misses the point: this is only a problem when it discourages you from certain choices because they feel suboptimal, so it's more a balance thing.

The main example is that bugs, files and the amount of prompts you do/can miss are all directly related, and their potential "sum" doesn't really change: every time you lose prompts you will have to farm back those files/bugs by "sacrificing" another encounter. In most cases, you won't really engage with an encounter if you know it leads to losing a heart (which would stop you from seeing the whole encounter anyway), and in general the more an encounter can damage you, the higher its opportunity cost. This pushes you towards or away from encounters based on mechanical, non-horny reasons.

My advice would be to make the exact amount of damage from an encounter harder to predict, but at the same time making that damage lower in average, for example by making the AI retaliate (both with glitches and corruption) more inconsistently. (Fun fact: if the AI can decide whether or not to retaliate this actually becomes a prisoner's dilemma)
Iskandar
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by Iskandar »

Hey has anyone managed to the the following hacks?
[ "Liya" and "time" ]

I can't seem to figure out how to use them? :hmmm:
:-P
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

lo1794 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:00 pm My advice would be to make the exact amount of damage from an encounter harder to predict, but at the same time making that damage lower in average, for example by making the AI retaliate (both with glitches and corruption) more inconsistently. (Fun fact: if the AI can decide whether or not to retaliate this actually becomes a prisoner's dilemma)
I'm a big fan of the prisoner's dilemma but not sure in a situation where you can't negotiate with the other person. Regardless, I am still thinking of some other ways to make things more unexpected. You also had me wonder if there might be a way to only "lose" after a round is completed if you have all files corrupted. This could let people explore a bit more.
Iskandar wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:38 pm Hey has anyone managed to the the following hacks?

I can't seem to figure out how to use them? :hmmm:
Yep, those are 2 of a 3 part hack. Once you have all 3 and the required bugs, enter each one in a prompt separately and in order. Good luck finding the whole set! (The missing piece is also in one of the keystroke forums)
lo1794
Explorer
Explorer

Post by lo1794 »

indyc wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:46 pm I'm a big fan of the prisoner's dilemma but not sure in a situation where you can't negotiate with the other person.
Well, many successful strategies for it tend to have clearly readable patterns, so mutually beneficial cooperation can emerge just by seeing each other moves. In general, it's easier to get the other player not to retaliate if they know that will cause you to also not retaliate, but of course that's easier said than done when the overall benefit of an outcome is so hard to gauge.
indyc wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:46 pm Regardless, I am still thinking of some other ways to make things more unexpected. You also had me wonder if there might be a way to only "lose" after a round is completed if you have all files corrupted. This could let people explore a bit more.
That would be perfect, as long as it feels like you always have a chance to get away with it. I am going to post the example I was thinking of when I proposed alternate failure outcomes in my first post, as it might potentially be helpful for this:
The idea is that you take most damage (or other big effects like statuses or losing max files) only at the end of an encounter or in specific major points of it, for example an orgasm (both the points and the possible effects could vary depending on the encounter). Every other time you fail a prompt, you have a chance to increase an hidden "arousal" stat that builds up both the entity and the likelyhood of the damage. Both the big points and the normal failures (or even successful typing outcomes) could be customized to have other outcomes or probabilities, that depend on the zone/encounter/scene/way you failed, and you could have more detailed conditions to decide between them.

A more specific implementation, for an encounter with no sex or special mechanics, with different outcomes when you timeout (numbers are indicative):
At the start of each encounter, arousal starts at 50 x Horny level and relaxation (another hidden stat) starts at 50 x (Hypno level + Voyeur level).

Minor effects:
  • X -> either +5 arousal (increases by 5 each time you click X consecutively), or prevent the next glitch (cumulative)
  • critical failure (mistype) -> +20 arousal
  • time out or wait -> +10 relaxation, and either +5 arousal, or +10 more relaxation.
  • typing successfully -> reduces relaxation by 10/20/30 based on accuracy in addition to its normal effects.
Relaxation has effects focused on prolonging the encounter:
  • There is a (relaxation)% chance, capped at 90%, that the encounter repeats the same prompt after a timeout/wait;
  • If relaxation is more than 100 there is a (relaxation-100)% chance that the next timer starts on its own after a timeout/wait;
  • If it's more than 200, relaxation affects all prompts, not just timeouts/waits, and the keyboard is only activated after (relaxation-200)% of the timer, capped at 50%.

At the end of the encounter:
If you lost, you have a chance based on arousal to be either dealt 40% of your arousal in damage, or 20% and cumming (losing the usual amount of max files). The damage you take (if any) is subtracted from the arousal, and if it's still more than 200, you get 1 horny level (this replaces the normal per-encounter increase in horny level).
You also get 1 voyeur or hypnosis level if you have more than 200 relaxation, whether or not you won the encounter.
One more thing that might be worth considering: in a game that makes losing feel good, it doesn't really matter anymore if winning is too easy, you'll still try to lose as much as you can get away with. This means that cutting an encounter or the game short isn't really stopping you from winning: it's stopping you from losing, and getting rewarded for it, more.
Some considerations:
  • It makes sense to secretly balance roleplaying, perceived loss separately from gameplay loss, as the latter stops you from enjoying the former. You can add all sorts of "negative" consequences without actually shortening the game.
  • Consider adding a continue/endless mode to the game, where you can continue playing after being defeated, with some kind of consequence, that again is not necessarily just a mechanical one (but it could be disguised as one). The new death scenes, that don't actually remove a heart, are a great step in that direction.
  • It would be cool if you got to watch the rest of the encounter even after losing a heart, kind of like the Ava encounter, where typing does essentialy nothing after you go beyond 100% corruption. The old version of the same encounter is also a good example.
  • Any kind of endlessly looping roleplaying scene is great.
  • Making the zone/final boss harder in some way instead of directly affecting the player makes you more likely to lose but does not shorten the game. For example, it would be great if the final boss could take advantage of your statuses in some way.
Last edited by lo1794 on Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cam0str1f3
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
I am a: Submissive

Post by cam0str1f3 »

How do i enable the non-typing mode?
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

lo1794 wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:22 am One more thing that might be worth considering: in a game that makes losing feel good, it doesn't really matter anymore if winning is too easy, you'll still try to lose as much as you can get away with. This means that cutting an encounter or the game short isn't really stopping you from winning: it's stopping you from losing, and getting rewarded for it, more.
Yeah my general goal is to make my games easy enough that loosing is a choice brought on by temptation but I miss that mark nearly every time. I read through your other suggestions and will have to marinate on those a while and see if there are less complex ways of weaving potential solutions in.
cam0str1f3 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:34 pm How do i enable the non-typing mode?
If you beat the game once it gives you the code. (I suggest doing it on casual mode to make it far easier)

In the next version it gives you the code on game over too because I realized the players who would need it the most are the ones failing, not succeeding (see above point about me making my stuff too difficult constantly on accident...)

If for some reason this is still too difficult after trying PM me and I can help!
redditaddict420
Explorer
Explorer

Finally, after all this time, got to the end somehow. It only worked in casual mode for some reason.

I'm almost there, but when she's asking me to use hacks, I tried to use "smash" and "finish", but she's always left with 10/11 stability left, so I'm just out of reach. Any suggestions? :(
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by indyc »

redditaddict420 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:35 pm Finally, after all this time, got to the end somehow. It only worked in casual mode for some reason.

I'm almost there, but when she's asking me to use hacks, I tried to use "smash" and "finish", but she's always left with 10/11 stability left, so I'm just out of reach. Any suggestions? :(
So sorry I made it harder for some than I thought it would be. Still working on getting that adjusted for the future.

I could also suggest:
mad and sting to get her to finishing level.
Good luck!
redditaddict420
Explorer
Explorer

I didn't realize at first you could use hacks right away, was waiting for her to tell me.

Whelp, finally got the ending and now I'm sad :lol:

I'll have to try again and "give up" to see what happens.

EDIT: Whelp, tried the "give up" ending, but that just gives you the "game over" screen, was expecting some sort of "reward" from either Tori or the mastermind behind all this :(