DIY estim device

This is the place for general discussions on fetishes, sexuality and anything else. What's on your mind right now?
phil70
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): no and i like to try it some day
Sub/Slave(s): same as above

DIY estim device

Post by phil70 »

I got a question for the comunity, specialy for those who own a diy estim device. Im thinking about building one because there is just so much that my 2b cant do here but im not really good with these kind of thing. How hard are they to build, and would someone that is a beginer would manage? What are your thought on it. If you have any advice or guide you are more than welcome to share them. Thank you!
Mistypanda22
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Re: DIY estim device

Post by Mistypanda22 »

ive been wanting to build an estim device too. idk where to even start or how to do it either
please help me cum v2
woooooooo! birthday on 2/18!
phoopha
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by phoopha »

They really pretty simple to make. Very minimal soldering required, as you can get electrical connectors that simply lock wires together. Hardest part is often sourcing all the components.
Lorbas
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Lorbas »

I did one myself and it was not as easy as I thought, I'm not a pro either in soldering but it went well. My solderings got better after a while. So my recommendation:
Do some testsolderings before you go for real, just to get the feeling for the handling
UFungus
Explorer
Explorer

Post by UFungus »

I've had a similar experience as others in this thread did. The hardest part was sourcing parts at a reasonable price. Mostly the transformers. I guess that will mostly depends on where you are from. The second hardest part was finding a build and sticking with it. I definitely got lost in endless threads that just muddied the waters. Aside from that, soldering is a generally useful skill to learn, but if you're not comfortable with it, Wago connectors will do the job just as well. It's basically Legos at that point. Of course, safety first. Follow the instructions and get yourself a good class 2 power supply.
Ghingis
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Ghingis »

I have the original setup of this:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=23322

It requires 0 soldering skills if you use barrier terminal blocks for the connections.
It is easier to build than most lego sets, it has like 6 components or so.

And I totally agree with UFungus, the hardest part is "sourcing parts at a reasonable price".

Also I recommend investing into some measuring/gauge lines with banana plugs for the leads.
(A single lead can be 3-4 bucks and you need 4..)
Spoiler: show
I have some 2mm ones (they are easier to put into to barrier terminal block's connection), these have a hole at the other end / side of the connector.
2mm to 4mm adapters do exists
Spoiler: show
So when you have the "transformer -> barrier terminal blocks -> leads" setup for the left and right side, you can just connect one negative to the other side negative lead and you have a Y / tri-phase setup instead of a 2-channel setup.
billyb39
Explorer
Explorer

Post by billyb39 »

I've also jumped in this week to build one. Last components arrive today and I hope to build out quickly.

I've been using the ET-312 for years and after seeing so many posts talking about how different a low cost DIY stim is I'm giving it a go. There are so many options, features, and unique ideas on the various threads I'm looking forward to trying what I think will be a different feeling from Estim.
UFungus
Explorer
Explorer

Post by UFungus »

lusting wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:14 pm ...but I'm determined to see if this is as life-changing as some Milovanians have claimed it to be.
I can honestly say that for me, it has been a little too life changing. If you tend to have an addictive personality like I do, it can become a problem. Given the right circumstances, it's basically earth shattering orgasms on command.

That aside, something that hasn't been discussed so far is electrodes and I have to say, getting an Estim Systems Moaner was a game changer for me. Of course if you're not into direct prostate stimulation, quality CR tube or pads will do just fine. I got CR tube from Aliexpress at first and it was pretty bad. I ended up getting some from Joanne's website which is quite a bit more expensive, but the difference for me was night and day.