Translating teases from other languages

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
Carnal1
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Translating teases from other languages

Post by Carnal1 »

I've long noticed a fair number of teases in languages other than English. Being that I am pretty poor at languages other than English, I looked for ways to explore them. I use Firefox and long ago found an add on URLTWP - Translate Web Pages which does a pretty good job. (i'm sure there's others and also for other browsers. In fact Firefox's recent update includes a translator built in)

With Flash and EOS I just click "translate this page" on the first page not in English and it auto translates each page after. Sometimes it works like this for Regular teases and sometimes I have to click for each page, I haven't explored why as it's not a big deal. It takes a second or 2 to translate which rarely seems to affect the tease flow. And if I prefer to see the original language that can be clicked back as desired. It also allows highlighting words and can just translate those if so desired. Of course it isn't able to translate text as part of pictures or videos (if that's important enough I use Google lens)

It seems to do a very good job with European languages, tho sometimes it doesn't choose the exact right slang, I can always get the gist. It has a bit harder time with Chinese/Japanese/Korean tho teases in those languages seem still playable - things like "edging" tend to get called "inch stop"(I assume it's more literal instead of understanding slang) and occasionally some other phrase isn't perfectly clear etc.

There are some really great teases available in other languages than English that tend to not get much notice, I strongly suggest checking some out.
(I think it'd be cool if some multilingual tease writer considered including some language lessons as part of their tease - like Shattered did in a couple of his great teases.)