PLEASE HELP!! EOS and Coding Help

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
MissRose311
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

PLEASE HELP!! EOS and Coding Help

Post by MissRose311 »

I am clearly out of my depth here... I know that but I have been working on a tease and have been trying to figure how to get things to work and most of the time I just do it the long and complicated way with more if functions than should probably be legal. Anyway, my current issue is that I am trying to make a timer that stops and goes but is always visible, preferably the notification timer. It may be impossible but I'd like to hear it from the actual experts out there rather than me just giving up entirely. If any of you can help that would be amazing!
Thamrill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Re: PLEASE HELP!! EOS and Coding Help

Post by Thamrill »

MissRose311 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:35 am I am clearly out of my depth here... I know that but I have been working on a tease and have been trying to figure how to get things to work and most of the time I just do it the long and complicated way with more if functions than should probably be legal. Anyway, my current issue is that I am trying to make a timer that stops and goes but is always visible, preferably the notification timer. It may be impossible but I'd like to hear it from the actual experts out there rather than me just giving up entirely. If any of you can help that would be amazing!
Using directly the timers (either from notification or action) it's impossible, in my experience; you may use a notification that spells out the residual time, using a complex system of eval functions to make sure it gets updated at least every second; the only issue would be keep everything syncronized

HerpDerp42
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by HerpDerp42 »

I was intrigued by the question (but I am far from beign an expert! :D ). Since I didn't see any way to stop and continue a timer I did create a workaround to simply always save the remaining time and recreate a new timer with the remaining time left.

Note that I used the actual timer and not the notification, since it does show the seconds left. Technically it should work with the notification as well BUT it seems less than optimal in my eyes.

Here should be a workign example: https://milovana.com/webteases/showteas ... ce1fa2cde5

Here is a link to the json file which you should be able to upload in the Editor to see the set-up of the tease itself. (Hopefully!)https://file.io/QVFdoBpDJRDY (The link should only work once!)
80%-ish dominant, straight, German, 30
PMs are always welcome.
MissRose311
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by MissRose311 »

HerpDerp42 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:50 am I was intrigued by the question (but I am far from beign an expert! :D ). Since I didn't see any way to stop and continue a timer I did create a workaround to simply always save the remaining time and recreate a new timer with the remaining time left.

Note that I used the actual timer and not the notification, since it does show the seconds left. Technically it should work with the notification as well BUT it seems less than optimal in my eyes.

Here should be a workign example: https://milovana.com/webteases/showteas ... ce1fa2cde5

Here is a link to the json file which you should be able to upload in the Editor to see the set-up of the tease itself. (Hopefully!)https://file.io/QVFdoBpDJRDY (The link should only work once!)
Thanks So much! This might have to work as I don't know what else I can do... Unless anyone knows hot to enable and disable notifications with a button?