[RELEASE] Fap Hero - Fantasy Play. UPDATE: Popstim Edition

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: [RELEASE] Fap Hero - Fantasy Play

Post by diglet »

I checked in OFS with the audio waveform feature, and it does look like the beatbar is 50ms (3 frames) early, consistently over the entire file.

I don't notice the problem during play.
AndreXHero
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight

Post by AndreXHero »

figroll wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:54 pm I am also having problems with sync-ing issues. Sort of...

Couple of examples:

Rnd 2 @ 10:07.

First pattern is 4 bars on beat 1 but if I hit my spacebar to pause on the 1 the beat meter is consistently stopping on and of 1.
diglet wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:31 pm I checked in OFS with the audio waveform feature, and it does look like the beatbar is 50ms (3 frames) early, consistently over the entire file.

Unfortunately, my music theory knowledge is almost equal to 0, and it's hard for me to understand what you mean, figroll :(

What I gathered from both replies is that the visuals are not in sync with the audio – this is actually true and intentional (I will explain in a moment why).

But it should not be as noticeable as a 1/8th shift. The visuals were designed to be roughly 10 ms earlier than the audio, and the funscript was first converted by not-so-precise audio-to-funscript software.

In my opinion, it was good enough. My thought process was that if everything is synced to one thing, and overall sync is not okay, it would be easy for advanced viewers to just shift the funscript by the desired amount.

I also think I forgot to mention that I've never made any funscript before, and I don’t have the toy either, so I don't even know how the device will behave.

Also, in your specific case, figroll, I would suggest adding an offset to the audio to fix this issue and/or shifting the funscript. I don’t know if you have to use a special video player to use the funscript and if it supports adding a shift to the audio, but using OpenFunscripter, you can shift and save the funscript quite easily.

Musicians are quite a demanding audience because they are usually trained to pick up any sync problems. It seems that you might be suffering from this condition :-D

As for the desync between the audio and visuals, in theory, sound is processed by the human brain faster than what we see – roughly 10-20 ms (depends on the person) – so a more "natural" sync would be to show things slightly earlier than sending audio signals. That's why I would assume it's okay during play, diglet.
Every time I play cock hero I wonder how long can I edge before my balls explode
figroll
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by figroll »

Andre,

Scratch all that, I just played it on my iPad, streamed off my Plex server and it’s all fine! So I guess that means it’s a problem on my pc video player, which is PotPlayer FWIW. I’ll try in Plex on my PC tomorrow but am pretty sure it’s an issue at my end.

And, yes, what I got on my PC was not a 50ms shift but a whole 1/8th beat. Small adjustments like that won’t hurt and might help but ultimately I suspect we adjust those out because of the entrainment thing which means we instinctively solve the “problem” you were trying to fix with your 50ms delay. We being everyone except that one uncle at the wedding reception who is half a beat out ;-)

It’s a fascinating subject, btw, for many values of fascinating ha ha.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entrainme ... usicology)
Billerboob
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by Billerboob »

AndreXHero wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:40 am Let me check. But my questions are:
- Are you able to play 4k 60fps video on youtube?
- What device are you playing this on?
- What video player are you using?

It may be possible that 4k version may be too much for your device, i used codec that can be unplayable on older devices but allows me to cut the file size in half. I would suggest trying 1080p version i just added

Wow yeah I guess that was it, the 1080p version is all good, thank you!

I may as well answer anyway though, or at least try
- I don't know, I've never watched a video higher than 1080p
- Huawei p20 pro
- The built in default video player for the phone
TentacleWarlock
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch

Post by TentacleWarlock »

Can't wait to play this, it looks amazing (like all of your other works)! Thanks for continually putting in the effort to create these masterpieces for all of us here on Milovana :love:
My Cock Heros:
CH Duality - viewtopic.php?t=25064
CH Hexed - viewtopic.php?p=345407

Support Me:
Spoiler: show
bc1qej64e725tvtk7ck9ddhl8meyswrzyunxade38h

This will help support my making of teases for you guys, thank you :love:.
Repsac
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Repsac »

diglet wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:31 pm I checked in OFS with the audio waveform feature, and it does look like the beatbar is 50ms (3 frames) early, consistently over the entire file.

You don't notice because the human brain is used to compensate sound coming in later than light. It's always better to have sound come a little after the associated light, but the opposite makes our brains bug.
7empest
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: None of the above

Post by 7empest »

Dude. I was never so much into Hentai/3D/Fap Hero. But I thought I give this a shot. And well. I guess it took me down the rabbit hole. The animations are amazing and you organized them so perfectly. Enjoyed every moment and will certainly play again. I am loving this, thank you for all the time and effort that went into this magnum opus.
BlueM00
Explorer
Explorer

Post by BlueM00 »

This has incredible production quality. After a few minutes I had to go back and re-read the yellow/blue/purple to understand it properly, but after that it was great.

If I had one critique, it would be that the rhythm-changes were a bit too frequent, so I felt I was spending time watching the beat-bar rather than enjoying the show.
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

I wasn't able to play this with DeoVR because the pixel format (yuv420p10le) isn't supported. I was able to fix it with this command:

Code: Select all

ffmpeg -i 'Fap Hero - Fantasy Play.mp4' -pix_fmt yuv420p -c:a copy fixed.mp4
This does slightly degrade video quality and strips the extra audio channels.
flyer47
Explorer
Explorer

Post by flyer47 »

AndreXHero wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:49 pm
- Length: 1:24:57 (normal mode), 1:23:09 (Hard Mode)
Normal mode is 2 minutes longer than hard mode? What extra footage does normal have that hard mode doesn't?
AndreXHero
Explorer
Explorer

Post by AndreXHero »

BlueM00 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:53 pm This has incredible production quality. After a few minutes I had to go back and re-read the yellow/blue/purple to understand it properly, but after that it was great.

If I had one critique, it would be that the rhythm-changes were a bit too frequent, so I felt I was spending time watching the beat-bar rather than enjoying the show.
Thanks!
I had hope that pattern change announcments would be sufficient for everyone to limit this problem while still allowing the sections of one pattern to be short enough to keep the players from getting bored with one repeating pattern. Also more changes works well with very dynamic/energetic music so i stil think its ok.

diglet wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 9:24 pm I wasn't able to play this with DeoVR because the pixel format (yuv420p10le) isn't supported. I was able to fix it with this command:

ffmpeg -i 'Fap Hero - Fantasy Play.mp4' -pix_fmt yuv420p -c:a copy fixed.mp4
This does slightly degrade video quality and strips the extra audio channels.
This should keep the audio tracks and will allow you to adjust the quality (-crf - the lower the better. I reccomend setting it to 18). Also you can use libx264 if you want older codec (better performance but lower quality)

ffmpeg -i 'Fap Hero - Fantasy Play.mp4' -map 0:v -c:v libx265 -crf 18 -preset fast -pix_fmt yuv420p -map 0:a:0 -c:a copy -map 0:a:1 -c:a copy -map 0:a:2 -c:a copy -map 0:a:3 -c:a copy -map 0:a:4 -c:a copy -map 0:a:5 -c:a copy fixed.mp4

flyer47 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:20 am
AndreXHero wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:49 pm
- Length: 1:24:57 (normal mode), 1:23:09 (Hard Mode)
Normal mode is 2 minutes longer than hard mode? What extra footage does normal have that hard mode doesn't?

None. Some sections of the hard mode are played faster (audio is played faster) so the overall time is shorter while the scenes used are all the same.
Every time I play cock hero I wonder how long can I edge before my balls explode
thebears73
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by thebears73 »

The adv. version works well with RESTIM and estim device in triphase. Thanks for the work here, its great.
robs
Explorer
Explorer

Post by robs »

Wow, this was insanely good.
The production value alone was over the top.
The story line interludes were exactly like a video game would be, and the tunes were a blast.

The only real suggestion I would make is:
Spoiler: show
GET BACK TO WORK!
You can't just quit making Cock Heroes after that incredible performance!
Make a few PMVs. Take up another hobby for a while, but don't leave us!
As for the audio syncing issue, it could be partly due to Bluetooth delay. Newer headphones have a much smaller lag, but it's still there.

When I'm watching Cock Hero, I always wire up simply because I only have a BT 2.0 adapter, and it's like watching a video from half a football field away when I use it.

Really great job on this one. It was completely immersive, and your beats and song choices, as usual were superb.

I might come up with more suggestions after I play it a dozen more times, which I definitely will.
SilverSlut
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Switch

Post by SilverSlut »

Just wanted to pop in and say that I loved it! I often feel that these can be way too slow or uninteresting in the beats department (probably my bad, as I don't usually abstain for more than like a day or two before a Cock/Fap Hero), but the Hard Mode hit the spot.

My only "issues" were purely ones of taste. I'm not a fan of Apex or Resident Evil girls, most of the time (exceptions, of course). And I would have loved to see a *lot* more futa or tentacle content. What was there was a delightful tease, though, good selection!

I suppose all that just means there's plenty of material if you make a sequel sometime.

Also, final note, I didn't experience the sync issues everyone else did. I dunno if you fixed something before I got to it or what, but it was pretty flawless on my end.
zenetix
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by zenetix »

This was great - an amazing effort!

As for any sync or audio issues, the only thing I noticed was that the audio tracks seemed to have an error (I think just on round 4?). Basically, two of the beat tracks are mixed up - maybe got switched during editing. That may have contributed to any reported issues.

Aside from that, just some minor spelling errors - but otherwise, really well made and a lot of fun. :-)