EVIL STEPMOMMMY 1.9 [Preview]

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---

Is the current willpower system:

Too easy
16%
Too hard
18%
About right
65%

Total votes: 49

ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

Re: EVIL STEPMOMMMY 1.9 [Preview]

Post by ritewriter »

imtoosexy wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:41 pm I like the 100 in stead of 10 which feels more refined
I like the addiction mechanic of adding to your chances,
I voted too easy, but actually for me isn't a big difference from 1.8 and relies on luck when always trying to choosing to resist.
I also liked having a chance to improve willpower
Thanks for the feedback! I suppose the main punishment for choosing to resist is that you might succeed and miss content. But yeah, there's a fair amount of luck.
Also maybe a losing path should lead to a corresponding tease path and make finding certain endings more rewarding, somehow the tease ends too early for me
Interesting idea. Not sure how to implement that, but I'll think about it.

Maybe its fun to use addiction as a multiplier to the amount of willpower dropping to make the tease harder.

It'd be fun if you had a pussy addiction on 2 and then having bad odds to resisting when confronted with the temptation to pussy.

It would be nice if you had no willpower but also confronted with an addiction that willpower would be harder to maintain

In a formula like rand(1-100) < (rand(1-willpower)/addiction)

TRIMMED

I haven't actually gone deep into your way of going around to this and this is just an idea, so forgive me if your way is actually better or if you are already doing this.
Fun idea. The problem is that addictions can easily rise to 8 or 9 and if I used that as a divisor, as you suggest, it would quickly chop down willpower so low it wouldn't matter. The current formula when addiction comes in is...

d100+applicable addiction vs WILL

Right now, that's a pretty minor penalty. I'm considering doubling or even tripling addiction weight while dropping willpower hits to make addictions matter more, but I want to get through the entire tease recode first, then I'll be able to test it properly. One of the things I'm doing is replacing the current addiction hits with a controllable variable. So...

pussy=pussy+1 becomes pussy=pussy+add

Where add is an assignable variable. That means once I'm done, I can easily make add=1, add=2, or add=3 or even let players adjust add when they start the game.

Regardless, A great tease and one of my favorites, thanks!

A hard tease which kinda reminded me of of these mechanics that is the 'save men' relating willpower to mood

But where "Save Men" lowers the cap on mood, "Evil Stepmommy" lowers willpower.
I've played around with "Save Men" a bit, and I agree, it has some nice mechanics!

Thanks again for the feedback.
Sissycow
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Sissycow »

After watching Tommy boy and realizing how similar the stories are I now want you to put in a grump "step brother or sister"
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ritewriter »

Sissycow wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:24 pm After watching Tommy boy and realizing how similar the stories are I now want you to put in a grump "step brother or sister"
Hah, I’ve never seen Tommy Boy. Now I have to watch it.
Sissycow
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Sissycow »

ritewriter wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:19 am
Sissycow wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:24 pm After watching Tommy boy and realizing how similar the stories are I now want you to put in a grump "step brother or sister"
Hah, I’ve never seen Tommy Boy. Now I have to watch it.
You really do, its hilarious. It's probably the best Chris Farley movie.
tunes
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by tunes »

Hey, what's up with my fav tease ? Are there any updates coming holiday season ?
Sissycow
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Sissycow »

tunes wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:58 pm Hey, what's up with my fav tease ? Are there any updates coming holiday season ?
I really hope so
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ritewriter »

Work is kicking my ass, and there's all kind of family stuff going on right now, and the next update is a rework of the entire willpower system so it requires a lot of work, but I'm HOPING to get it out early next year.
Sissycow
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Sissycow »

ritewriter wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:47 am Work is kicking my ass, and there's all kind of family stuff going on right now, and the next update is a rework of the entire willpower system so it requires a lot of work, but I'm HOPING to get it out early next year.
Hope you finally get some time to rest and relax.
Sissycow
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Sissycow »

I was bored and started thinking there should also be a lunch and dinner scene.

Lunch would just be a smoothie with B adding a special ingredient to be determined by what path you are on. Like later she reveals it was hormones/cum/spit or something like that.
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ritewriter »

Sissycow wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:19 am I was bored and started thinking there should also be a lunch and dinner scene.

Lunch would just be a smoothie with B adding a special ingredient to be determined by what path you are on. Like later she reveals it was hormones/cum/spit or something like that.
I love this. The question is if there's a photo gallery to support it. "Bridgette B making a smoothy" is pretty specific and I don't know if it exists. That's why I tend to work the other way. I find a cool photo collection, then figure out how it fits in the story. Because when I have a scene idea and go looking for a gallery to support it, it usually takes forever to find an appropriate gallery, if I can find it at all.
Sissycow
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Sissycow »

ritewriter wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:00 pm
Sissycow wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:19 am I was bored and started thinking there should also be a lunch and dinner scene.

I love this. The question is if there's a photo gallery to support it. "Bridgette B making a smoothy" is pretty specific and I don't know if it exists. That's why I tend to work the other way. I find a cool photo collection, then figure out how it fits in the story. Because when I have a scene idea and go looking for a gallery to support it, it usually takes forever to find an appropriate gallery, if I can find it at all.
Makes sense to do it that way. Also one thing I love about your tease is its like the perfect length.
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ritewriter »

Sissycow wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:11 pm

Makes sense to do it that way. Also one thing I love about your tease is its like the perfect length.
I'm not opposed to suggestions, fwiw. Just prefer suggestions like: "Here's a gallery I found with a link to download the images. Maybe you could make a scene with these pictures that's about [insert scene idea here]?" Way easier.
Sissycow
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Sissycow »

ritewriter wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 6:28 am
Sissycow wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:11 pm

I'm not opposed to suggestions, fwiw. Just prefer suggestions like: "Here's a gallery I found with a link to download the images. Maybe you could make a scene with these pictures that's about [insert scene idea here]?" Way easier.
Gotcha, if I find anything I will totally make a suggestion.
ScrotesMcGotes
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by ScrotesMcGotes »

Just wanted to know: is the Clinic storyline not built yet? I think I’ve tried everything but unable to get to it!
Sissycow
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Sissycow »

ScrotesMcGotes wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 8:59 pm Just wanted to know: is the Clinic storyline not built yet? I think I’ve tried everything but unable to get to it!
It's not in yet, right now it's only B or Mrs. White fir endings.