EVIL STEPMOMMMY 1.9 [Preview]

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---

Is the current willpower system:

Too easy
16%
Too hard
18%
About right
65%

Total votes: 49

ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

EVIL STEPMOMMMY 1.9 [Preview]

Post by ritewriter »

Hi all,

I'm in the very early stages of implementing the new willpower system for ESM. I'm curious as to how it feels to people, so I'm posting this as an early preview thread.

You can try out the new system here:

https://milovana.com/webteases/showteas ... 23ae3cecc6

The new system:

Starting willpower: 100 (80 for hard, 120 for easy)
Willpower checks compare a random number 1-100 to will.
91+ = Critical Failure (always fails, sets Resist to 0)
Rand+[applicable addiction]>will = Fail
Rand+[applicable addiction] =/< will = Succeed
10- = Critical Success = Succeeds no matter how low your will is.

Willpower loss and gain = 1-6 points
Critical willpower loss and gain = 4-9 points

Here are the scenes that support the new system:
Spoiler: show
intro
morning fantasy
texting friends in the morning
breakfast with Bridgette
Investigate the noise
Coffee with Mrs. White
Pool with Karma and Jade
Dream about Bridgette (make sure to lock the door)
Chill in the Family Room
Go to the Bar or Dance like Tom Cruise
A couple of warnings: Don't try to play the Superhero Game. It's a dead end. If I'm working on the tease while you play, weird things may happen. But I can't do much work on it for the next few weeks because of a job commitment, so that should be safe. Scenes that aren't implemented will end up being very easy, since they'll be rolling 1-10 against your willpower, which even if it's terrible, can't fall much below 10.

I'm curious about a few things. Does the game feel too easy or too hard? Vote in the poll. What was your final willpower if you finished the game? Did you ever fail a will check due to addictions? Do addictions seem to matter now or are they still no big deal aside from determining the ending?

One benefit of this new system is that I can adjust it very easily. It's quite simple, for example, to raise willpower loss and gain to 1-10, to make the game harder. Or lower it to 1-4, to make it easier. Or I could lower base willpower to 50 and roll 1-50+addiction for will checks, which would make addictions matter more.

If things feel too random, I can make Crit Failure 96+ and Crit Success 5-, etc etc.

But I really need to know how the game feels to everyone before I mess with those values, so please try it out and tell me what you think.

Thanks!
stardes
Explorer
Explorer

Re: EVIL STEPMOMMMY 1.9 [Preview]

Post by stardes »

Edit: I cant red

Thank you for developing Stepmommy further still, Top 2 tease/game for me in Milovana. :love:
Last edited by stardes on Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ritewriter »

Like I said above “Don’t try to play the Superhero Game!”
stardes
Explorer
Explorer

Post by stardes »

ritewriter wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:37 am Like I said above “Don’t try to play the Superhero Game!”
My bad, I'll try work on my reading.
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ritewriter »

Finally done with my crazy work project, so I'm hoping to get back into this this week.

As a test, I increased will Loss to 2d6 for a normal loss, 2d6+6 for a critical loss. Gains are also 2d6/2d6+6. This makes the average will loss 7, which is still lower than it was before, proportionately. Crit losses should now average 13 and hurt a lot.

Let me know how this feels. I mostly did it to see if I coded things right to make changes in will loss/gain easy to implement.

That said, a lot of testers were finishing with will in the 80s, which is way too high for my taste. I'm aiming for a final will of around 50 if you engage with all the scenarios.
Sissycow
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Sissycow »

Happy to hear you have some time to relax
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ritewriter »

Sissycow wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:49 pm Happy to hear you have some time to relax
Thanks!

In other news, I'm still playing with values and trying to make them easy for me to adjust. I'm also changing resist from no willpower loss to a minor willpower loss, which should make running in fear a little more attractive and mean interactions will slowly erode willpower no matter what, which is more what I intended.

Minor Will Loss is currently set to 1d3.

Will Loss is 2d6.

Addiction hits currently up addiction by 1 or 2, depending on the circumstances, but if I decide addictions should matter more, I can easily change that to 2 or 4 by changing the addiction counter from 1 to 2. If I decide to up addiction strength in the future, I'll probably lower willpower loss a bit.

Right now I've only done the breakfast scene, but I'll be reworking more scenes today.

Finally, the superhero scene is now partially implemented and shouldn't dead-end the game.

And it's now possible to go sniff the couch like Karma and Jade tell you to, but that's only partly implemented.
Sissycow
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Sissycow »

Does kind of seem like you meant for you erode will power through out the game, which makes sense.
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ritewriter »

Sissycow wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:16 pm Does kind of seem like you meant for you erode will power through out the game, which makes sense.
Yeah, that's the idea. I never want it to feel "safe" to interact with Bridgette or her friends, but I want to give players some level of reward, or at least a lesser level of punishment, for making "good" decisions.

Also, I enjoy playing femdom-type games where it feels like I'm making the "alpha" decisions, but the domme is just a bit too strong for me and I end up either barely eking out a win or ending up overpowered despite my best efforts. I feel like those are the most satisfying outcomes for this type of game, so I'm trying to shape things so those are the likely outcomes. I want the players to feel surprised and thrilled when they earn a rare Alpha endings and helpless and dominated when they lose.

That said, I also want players to feel like their decisions matter, so I'm trying to strike just the right balance.
Sissycow
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Sissycow »

So hows it going? Is it hard converting everything to the new formula?
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ritewriter »

Sissycow wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:21 pm So hows it going? Is it hard converting everything to the new formula?
Going good, although it's a very painstaking process, so it's taking a lot of time. Also, I have a lot of paying work right now, so that's slowing me down.

But thank you for asking.
Sissycow
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Sissycow »

I I kind of thought it would be a pain. Well keep up the good work and happy October.
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ritewriter »

Sissycow wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:23 am I I kind of thought it would be a pain. Well keep up the good work and happy October.
Hah. Yes. A very big job. But since I have to look at every single page, it is giving me a good excuse to comb through everything. I've already fixed a bunch of persistent errors along the way. It will all be worth it, I think. It's just time consuming.
Sissycow
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Sissycow »

ritewriter wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:43 pm
Sissycow wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 9:23 am I I kind of thought it would be a pain. Well keep up the good work and happy October.
Hah. Yes. A very big job. But since I have to look at every single page, it is giving me a good excuse to comb through everything. I've already fixed a bunch of persistent errors along the way. It will all be worth it, I think. It's just time consuming.
I'm sure it will, sounds like it will make everything easier going forward. And the silver lining of catching those issues is a plus.
imtoosexy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Domme (Female)

Post by imtoosexy »

I like the 100 in stead of 10 which feels more refined
I like the addiction mechanic of adding to your chances,
I voted too easy, but actually for me isn't a big difference from 1.8 and relies on luck when always trying to choosing to resist.
I also liked having a chance to improve willpower
Also maybe a losing path should lead to a corresponding tease path and make finding certain endings more rewarding, somehow the tease ends too early for me

Maybe its fun to use addiction as a multiplier to the amount of willpower dropping to make the tease harder.

It'd be fun if you had a pussy addiction on 2 and then having bad odds to resisting when confronted with the temptation to pussy.

It would be nice if you had no willpower but also confronted with an addiction that willpower would be harder to maintain

In a formula like rand(1-100) < (rand(1-willpower)/addiction)

Powers would multiply on each other as the game progresses.

Having no addictions and 120 willpower would resist like
Rand(1-100) < (rand(1-120)/1)
avg 50 < avg 60
true Wins on avg
But having a related addiction of 2 it would be like
Rand(1-100) < (rand(1-120)/2)
avg 50 < avg 30
False Loses on avg
or having a big like 3 addiction but also low like 20 willpower
Rand(1-100) < (rand(1-20)/3)
Avg 50 < avg 3
False loses on avg
No willpower big addiction has barely any chance to resist the temptation
Playing on easy could also be done in the formula by not starting at 1 but at 40..

or having a big like 3 addiction but also low like 20 willpower, but playing on easy
Rand(1-100) < (rand(40-60)/3)
Avg 50 < avg 17
False loses on avg
I haven't actually gone deep into your way of going around to this and this is just an idea, so forgive me if your way is actually better or if you are already doing this.

This could will give a bigger feeling of control over what happens or an outlook to what is going to happen but not being able to resist it's progress as addiction multiplies lost willpower and on it's turn raises addiction further.

Regardless, A great tease and one of my favorites, thanks!

A hard tease which kinda reminded me of of these mechanics that is the 'save men' relating willpower to mood

But where "Save Men" lowers the cap on mood, "Evil Stepmommy" lowers willpower.