EVIL STEPMOMMY v1.8 [Feedback]

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---

What do you think of the current Willpower system (see post for details)?

Works for me! Leave it alone.
24%
Need more base willpower.
24%
Radical overhaul to make addictions matter more.
53%

Total votes: 34

ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

Re: EVIL STEPMOMMY v1.8 [Feedback]

Post by ritewriter »

cristovaop wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:43 pm Such a nice tease! Cozy, not too long that replays become boring, not too short that you can finish it too quick, not too restrained that replays allows for a broader experience. Not the kind of tease I search for, for surely a tease that grew up on me.
Thank you! That was my goal so it's good to know it works for you.
stardes
Explorer
Explorer

Post by stardes »

Thanks for the new content! :-)
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ritewriter »

stardes wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2023 6:45 pm Thanks for the new content! :-)
Thanks for playing!

In other news, I've started to implement a total overhaul of the willpower system. The new system should allow players to take more risks and still have some willpower left at the end of the game.

The basics:

Normal starting willpower will now be 100. Hard is 80, Easy is 150. Veterans may set willpower anywhere from 10 to 300.

Will loss and gain are both now 1d6. Average for each is therefore 3.5 so you now can lose willpower about 26 times before having none. Currently you can only lose 9. You can't gain willpower if you have a will over 100. You can't lose any if your willpower is under 10.

Will checks compare a random number 1-100 to current will.
- A 1-10 result is a critical success. You will always succeed even if your willpower is less than 10.
- A 91-100 result is a critical failure. You will always fail even if your willpower is 100 (or above). Critical failures also reset resistance to 0 (see below).
- Otherwise the random number is compared to current will. If rand>will, you lose.
- Many checks will impose an addiction penalty. In that case If rand+addiction>will, you lose. Note that addiction penalties don't matter to crits.

Additionally, if you TRY to resist, you gain "resistance." This can protect you from willpower loss in the ensuing scene. Critical failures temporarily remove your resistance, as can certain choices in game.

Finally, some options give a chance to automatically succeed in resisting your stepmother and her friends without a willcheck... if you run in terror. This will allow you to escape an encounter at the cost of will loss.

All of this should allow for more player freedom without having to use Easy or Veteran mode.

If anyone would like to test out the new system, you can do it here:

https://milovana.com/webteases/showteas ... 23ae3cecc6

IMPORTANT: The new will system only works for the following scenes: Morning fantasy, morning texts, breakfast with Bridgette, Coffee with Mrs. White, Mommy's vibrator. So if you want to test it, either go to breakfast, then go see Mrs. White, or text a friend, then go investigate the noise after breakfast.

After those scenes, you will have a willpower in the 70-100 range for the rest of the game, which will still only be calibrated to a normal will of 10. So you will always win everything else you do. Also, I'm actively working on other scenes, so it's very likely you will hit a dead end or freeze outside of those specific encounters.

If you try it out, let me know what you think!

One huge advantage of the new system is that, once I'm done, it will be much easier for me to adjust willpower maximums, losses, and gains if I feel like making the game harder or easier going forward. So I could easily change will loss to 1d10, 1d8, 1d4, or 1d3 if it feels necessary.
Nimka123
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Nimka123 »

I played through a couple of games with the new willpower system;
A bit difficult to judge with just a couple of scenes, but in general it felt good and a bit more forgiving if you get a bad roll.

The only time it felt a bit odd was when I was with Mrs White & chose the extreme debasement option of 'Grovel like the worm you are' and only lost one willpower. When choosing this type of extreme option where you just give in completely, maybe add something to make them a bit more consistently hard hitting.
Don't know how you have implemented this in the code or how feasible these may be, but some options I thought of were to add a modifier, have an increased minimum roll (eg 4-6), or even always lose the max possible willpower

Just my 2 cents, and whatever you decide, I'll continue to play this great game anyhow...
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ritewriter »

Nimka123 wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:24 pm I played through a couple of games with the new willpower system;
A bit difficult to judge with just a couple of scenes, but in general it felt good and a bit more forgiving if you get a bad roll.
That's the goal! A bit more forgiving but not TOO forgiving. Like I said though, it will be really easy to adjust once I'm done, so I can dial it up or down as needed.
The only time it felt a bit odd was when I was with Mrs White & chose the extreme debasement option of 'Grovel like the worm you are' and only lost one willpower. When choosing this type of extreme option where you just give in completely, maybe add something to make them a bit more consistently hard hitting.
Good idea. I created a Critical Will Loss for situations like that which will inflict 1d6+3 will lose. So 4-9 points. That should hurt a bit more and avoids the occasional anticlimactic 1 pt loss. The worm bit actually does some other things behind the scenes (adds to sub score and sets resistance to zero), but I do think a harder hit makes sense there and in a few other places, so I'll try that going forward.
Just my 2 cents, and whatever you decide, I'll continue to play this great game anyhow...
Really helpful! Thank you.
Campione54xg
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Submissive

Post by Campione54xg »

I also really liked the new willpower system, btw I think I found a little bug, when in the shower and you masturbate to bridgette in the part where you choose the part of her body to edge choosing her pussy or ass has the same result.
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ritewriter »

Campione54xg wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 11:48 pm I also really liked the new willpower system, btw I think I found a little bug, when in the shower and you masturbate to bridgette in the part where you choose the part of her body to edge choosing her pussy or ass has the same result.
Drrr. I messed up on that one. Duplicated the pussy version, and renamed it, but never adjusted it. Fixed. Thank you!
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ritewriter »

If anyone would like to test the new will system, the following paths should mostly work:

MORNING:
Fantasize about B
Text friends OR Go to breakfast.

BREAKFAST:
Kitchen with OR without B.

LATE MORNING:
Investigate the noise OR Go through the Living Room.

BACK IN ROOM:
Lock door, take shower, no fantasy.

TEXT:
Mrs. White Texts

AFTERNOON:
None of these will work properly but you should be able to get through them with ease since your willpower will be very high. NOTE: Don't play the superhero video game if you see it. It will freeze the game.

EVENING:
Go to the home bar for a drink.

LINK:
https://milovana.com/webteases/showteas ... 23ae3cecc6

FEATURES:
- Base Will is now 100.
- Will loss is 1d6 or 1d6+3 on a critical loss.
- Will gain is 1d6 or 1d6+3 on a critical gain.
- WIll loss says should report both the amount lost and the new value.
- You should be able to run from an encounter as a coward at the cost of 1d6 will.
- Resisting should protect you from some willpower loss.
- Whenever you gain addiction, you should get a say notification.
- Becoming a slave should set your willpower to 10 if it's not already below 10.
- Once your willpower is below 10, you are immune to further will loss.
- If your will is above 100, you can't gain willpower.
Sissycow
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Sissycow »

I'm loving the new system
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart