Milovana Contest

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
missyandsissy
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Milovana Contest

Post by missyandsissy »

I'm thinking about setting up a contest where people can create and publish their best webteases.. I hope the contest will encourage the creation of more free high quality training material for the whole feminization and sissification community to enjoy.

I have already started to create the contest overview: Purpose, guideline, rules, training tips (writing, styling, training psychology).
But now, I'm kinda stuck and wondering if this is a good idea. Are there any issues I might not be seeing? Would having a prize make more folks want to join in?
Niveket
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
I am a: Submissive
Dom/me(s): Searching for Dom

Re: Milovana Contest

Post by Niveket »

Sounds like a great idea! If you don't want to include a monetary prize id suggest contacting staff and asking if the winner could get A TOTM mark on their tease.

Also since everybody has different tastes, including a monetary prize might make some creators prone to create something that is meant for the general audience so they could get the most votes which would sort of ruin the mood of the contest In my opinion.

Edit: After pondering about my opinion on a monetary prize I realized that creating something Sissy related is already niche enough and getting more than 1 person to join might be hard enough without a prize so perhaps a Monetary prize would urge some people to join the contest.
Imma Bondage Slut :love: :love: :love:
missyandsissy
Explorer
Explorer

Post by missyandsissy »

Need to brainstorm more ideas for prizes: monetary, sissylover store credit, session with mistress (texting or live), amazon gift card, sissy logo t-shit, scoreboard to feel recognized.

What should be deadline to participate? Is 1 month enough to create webtease? Needs to be perfect. Quality is key and it cannot be sacrificed by rushing
Citopia
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Citopia »

If you want quality then I'd say either 3 or 6 months as the deadline. But that's just me. Idk if you saw my Catie Minx one, but the first tease I made took a couple months and it I would assume is around the quality you would like.
gestaltt
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by gestaltt »

This is a great idea to stimulate the creation of high quality new content, but I think you might have underestimated the time and effort required to create a great tease.

I am a writer in my vanilla life, but I have only created a couple of teases here on Milovana. I have had thoughts, ideas, urges to write literally hundreds of different teases (all of which would be brilliant, obviously), but most of them stay as mental longings rather than realised actualities, and the reason for this is simple. It is probably best summarised by Hemingway when he said "The first draft of anything is shit". He claimed that The Old Man In the Sea went through over 30 full edits. After it was fully written. Just try reading a book 30 times, let alone editing it to make it awesome, and you'll find the process takes a lot of time. This is the reason most of my ideas remain just that, ideas.

Maybe I am hyperbolising, but I wager that the regular and long time creators on this site all spend a damn sight longer than one month on some of their teases.

I've just re-read the above and am now trying to work out exactly what my point is, and I suppose it's the following .... Making a really great tease (or story, or any piece of art) takes a lot of time and effort. Like A LOT OF TIME. To quote Hemingway again, he said "Writing is simple - you just sit down at the type writer and bleed". It takes blood, sweat, and tears to make something really good. With this in mind, let's address the main thrust of your post - How can we motivate people to create? Well I can tell you one thing for sure friend, money won't do it. No one ever did anything truly brilliant just for the money. Sure, the money is nice, but it can never be the prime motivation.

"There are two kinds of people who write: People who write for money, and people who write for writings sake. Read the latter, ignore the former" - Arthur Schopenhauer.

The good stuff only gets produced when someone really wants to do it. They have to desire it themselves, and then the reward of having created something good is enough - money, accolades, badges on an internet avatar, none of this really matters.

This is not meant to be a critique. I think your attempt to encourage people to create is laudable. I salute you Sir, for your desire for fine content to be uploaded to this site. But I think your efforts are misdirected. You have to appeal to someone's own desires in order to get them to do something. And the best way to do that is write something yourself.

I'll leave you with one final pretentious (and yet still achingly relevant) quote .... "Be the change you want to see in the World" - Gandhi.
missyandsissy
Explorer
Explorer

Post by missyandsissy »

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense. Creating quality content is time-consuming, and it's driven by passion more than anything else.
Every single reply has given me more insight, so thank you all for that :) I've started creating guidelines.

I would be interested to find people who
1. could share writing tips that will help beginners. This could also be a nice reminder list for experience writers
  • Styling, vocabulary, psychology [domination tips, playfulness tips], perspective tips [guidance on mindset, how to think, critical questions to consider during the writing process]
2. would be interested in taking on a secretarial role to help me realize this contest. This role would involve overseeing the contest, and potentially helping to increase its awareness.