[EOS] Can't "say" a variable

Post all technical issues and questions here. We'll gladly help you wherever we can.
matschbirne
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian
I am a: Switch

[EOS] Can't "say" a variable

Post by matschbirne »

Hey
i want to say the contents of a variable. I've used an eval tag in the say command, but it just freezes. I've defined te var by using let x=0; . I've tried to convert it to a string, I've even tried the tease storage... This seems really simple so why doesn't it work? I'm not that familiar with jscript, learned a bit java at school, so maybe I've done a mistake correlated to that?
Thanks for your help
matschbirne
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Lesbian

Re: [EOS] Can't "say" a variable

Post by matschbirne »

I've found out, let is local and not global.... I need to use var to define the variable
Extra Modes for the classical search bar game:

10. Vibrator:
Put a vibrator in your pussy for the duration of the game.

11. Vibrator extended:
Put a vibrator in your pussy for the duration of the game.
For each link clicked wait 2 minutes before orgasm. Leave the vibrator on.

Please verify that your new goal is reachable from an one word tag
Roblsforbobls
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Asexual

Post by Roblsforbobls »

matschbirne wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:52 am I've defined te var by using let x=0
I usually just use "x = 0" and don't bother with var or let or anything like that. Idk, maybe I'm doing it horribly wrong, but it works for me lol
Thamrill
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by Thamrill »

matschbirne wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:56 am I've found out, let is local and not global.... I need to use var to define the variable
Also, if I remember correctly, EOS doesn't support the let keyword

kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Post by kerkersklave »

Roblsforbobls wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:39 pm I usually just use "x = 0" and don't bother with var or let or anything like that. Idk, maybe I'm doing it horribly wrong, but it works for me lol
Javascript does not require you to initialize or declare variables. It has advantages to do that in the global script though. Declaring variables makes it clear, which variables exist, and initializing them ensures that they always have a valid value and avoids completely unexpected and hard to debug behavior. That's why in professional software development it is often a rule to do that.

Some other points:
- EOS only supports an older version of Javascript as it does use an interpreter written in Javascript for security reasons. (Basically, authors should not be able to break out of EOS limited functionality and maybe even access other user data like the milovana password or interact with the site in different ways. So let is not supported, this should be, why it does not work.
- The difference between let is: var is scoped to the surrounding function, let is scoped to the block. If used top-leven in the global script, they should both declare global variables. So it would work, if it was supported.