[RELEASE] Spy 3: EDGE of Revelation!

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
labrat
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [RELEASE] Spy 3: EDGE of Revelation!

Post by labrat »

Really like your series, where this goes from here will be very interesting.
Spoiler: show
Rouge - Not sure which, if any, organization I can trust. Investigating them on my own would be the only way I could tell.
Agent 69 - I've rescued her in the field and she has helped me before too. Any of them could be a double agent from what has transpired, but I guess I'd have to trust her, but I'll always be wary of anyone now.
Agent X
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by Agent X »

So, just completed my way through all three of these in one sitting
(denying myself between each one)
, which was quite rough, but overall it made the most sense to me to do the following:
Went Rouge, informing Informant Belle. Why? Because I don't trust either organization. EDGE appears to have potentially brainwashed me (emphasis on potentially) and kept me on a leash (i.e., rarely gave me information on what the org's actual purpose and mission was). KGB seems to use a lot of mind control techniques, and gives me "freedom of choice" after capturing me, torturing me, and keeping me in a cell, seemingly to try and break me down. For example, if they were as upfront and honest as they claim, how did the entire situation with Amber occur? They were using her as a puppet. Why didn't she get the same "choice as me?" I'm guessing she is in a similar situation as me, and a puppet for both sides, which made me consider her as a potential to ally. That being said, I want information before making a decision. Making my own faction allows this, and Belle is an informant. Sure, her information has been for EDGE this whole time, but she doesn't seem dedicated to either org (or so I hope). This could have been the same case with (I believe her name was. The one who switched sides for salary) Xana as well, but she can easily be paid off. Belle is good at gathering information (assuming she truly isn't loyal to EDGE), and is the most likely in my opinion to be neutral and less likely to be mind controled or bribed.
Edit:
I should add, my primary goal is to investigate both to know for sure if either can be trusted, which I highly doubt, but want to give each side a fair shot. I don't like being a pawn in a game I know nothing about, so I'd rather be a player. My goal isn't to necessarily take down either, but rather run espionage to gather information and better understand what is truly going on. My decision following finding the truth will influence my final decision as to how to proceed.
Yes, I know, long explanation, lol. This is my type of thing, so maybe I'm overthinking it, but I like to think my reasoning tracks as far as probability. Maybe I'll do some replays through and discover something new given this was all in one sitting, but I want to put my inital thoughts as my official ones given that's kinda the whole point of tough decisions. I hope this makes sense. Feel free to ask me any follow ups if you're curious!
P.S. I really enjoyed the addition of CBT elements. I know that's not everyone's thing, but having that intensifies the experience for a tease like this where it's very story driven, and you're functioning as a spy.
YesP69
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Post by YesP69 »

btw just a thought, but why is EDGE of Revelation and not E.D.G.E. of Revelation?
Royal_Site555
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Royal_Site555 »

Played each one of these at release and don't know if I've posted about it yet. Loved the tease and everything about it was great. Story, Characters, Dialog, Difficulty. If you need any specific feedback feel free to reach out. Definitly see myself replaying this a few times a year going forward.