Evil Stepmommy v1.8 [BETA]

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Switch

Evil Stepmommy v1.8 [BETA]

Post by ritewriter »

There were honestly days I was worried this would never happen, given the site problems and various real life issues, but EVIL STEPMOMMY V1.8 is finally ready for beta!

This update focuses on Mrs. White and includes all her endings. There are 5 new endings (or 6 depending how you count it) and at least a dozen new scenes and hundreds of new images.Over the next week or two I will be checking the tease for dead ends and other errors. If you’d like to be a beta tester, please PM me for a link.
phoopha
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Re: Evil Stepmommy v1.8 [BETA]

Post by phoopha »

Is this an estim tease?
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by edger477 »

phoopha wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:15 am Is this an estim tease?
no
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ritewriter »

Thanks to everyone who volunteered.
One warning, because this build got interrupted so many times by site issues, there are even more bugs than usual in this version. So you will probably hit a freeze! If you do, please let me know where so I can try to fix it.
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ritewriter »

One request, for everyone beta testing. Can you let me know what your starting and final willpower was if you finish the game?

I'm trying to see how much willpower a typical run costs so I can balance willpower in a future patch. Right now, I'm guessing it's very easy to burn through 10+ willpower in a run and that might require some adjustments. Thanks!
spacerat
Explorer
Explorer

Post by spacerat »

It's really incredible how hard you work on your tease. This is one of the best teases ever here, maybe even the best. I can't wait to play the story again. :-D
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ritewriter »

spacerat wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:00 am It's really incredible how hard you work on your tease. This is one of the best teases ever here, maybe even the best. I can't wait to play the story again. :-D
Thanks! I've enjoyed working on it, so I don't mind putting in a little extra effort. I started the tease to learn about game writing in general, and I feel like I've learned a ton, and I've gotten a lot of help from people who know way more than I do.

Though this thing has definitely become a lot more than I ever expected.

I'm planning to publish 1.8 next week.
Sissycow
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Sissycow »

I hope life isn't giving you too many problems and everything is well with you.
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ritewriter »

Sissycow wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:33 am I hope life isn't giving you too many problems and everything is well with you.
I'm good, thanks!
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ritewriter »

Note for beta testers:

I fixed the thing I broke fixing the thing that was broken. You should now be able to run away to Mrs. White again and fantasize about her in the shower.

I think.

Also let me know what you think about the new option to escape from Bridgette by being a total coward. Do you like the tradeoff? Or did you prefer the challenge of having to keep your willpower high and get a little lucky?
spacerat
Explorer
Explorer

Post by spacerat »

ritewriter wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 4:09 am
spacerat wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 11:00 am It's really incredible how hard you work on your tease. This is one of the best teases ever here, maybe even the best. I can't wait to play the story again. :-D
Thanks! I've enjoyed working on it, so I don't mind putting in a little extra effort. I started the tease to learn about game writing in general, and I feel like I've learned a ton, and I've gotten a lot of help from people who know way more than I do.

Though this thing has definitely become a lot more than I ever expected.

I'm planning to publish 1.8 next week.
That sounds good :) If you are planning to work on further versions of the tease: I think it would be great if you could implement checkpoints or passwords or something like that. If someone wants to see the new endings it would be otherwise necessary to click a while through the whole story again and again.
Vulpesblanda
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Vulpesblanda »

I dont think that's necesary. The tease is not that long.
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ritewriter »

spacerat wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:47 am That sounds good :) If you are planning to work on further versions of the tease: I think it would be great if you could implement checkpoints or passwords or something like that. If someone wants to see the new endings it would be otherwise necessary to click a while through the whole story again and again.
I'd be happy to do this, but it's way beyond my technical expertise, unfortunately. It's not a matter of just jumping ahead. The choices you make along the way matter and shape the endings in a lot of ways, including many small details you might not notice, like alternative lines that happen because of a previous choice. To provide a jump ahead to Bridgette's endings, for example, I'd have to know the following variables:

ass addiction
pussy addiction
breast addiction
sub rating
chastity interest
sissy interest or rejection
what Bridgette calls you
what you call her
willpower
who else you've met, especially Natalie and what your relationship is with her

The only way I can think of to set all those variables would be to do a whole quiz for people prior to the jump, plus a completely different one if someone wanted to jump to Mrs. White, etc. So it would be a LOT of work.
Kalthiria
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Kalthiria »

I don't think it's worth the effort, but the easiest way to do it would probably just be some sort of "fast forward to next choice" button. It's not literally a checkpoint, but would let people skip through the longer sections if they really wanted to.
ritewriter
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by ritewriter »

Kalthiria wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:20 pm I don't think it's worth the effort, but the easiest way to do it would probably just be some sort of "fast forward to next choice" button. It's not literally a checkpoint, but would let people skip through the longer sections if they really wanted to.
Like I said, I'd love to do that, but there are choices nearly every page or two, so it wouldn't help much and I'd have no idea how to code it. The best thing might be to put in a time machine like TotS has, so once you finish, you can jump back to an earlier point and play out variations, but I'm pretty sure fapnip created that code and they're off to other things.

Any kind of "jump ahead" would be very tough because of my lack of actual programming skills.