[RELEASE] Bryci's Estim Experience

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
Gurgl
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Switch

Re: [RELEASE] Bryci's Estim Experience

Post by Gurgl »

throwawayacct wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:29 pm Burying an entire half of a program behind a carefully selected set of choices is the kind of stuff you'd get in a massive open-world game like Witcher3, but designers need to remember why people are using these programs... because they want to get off in some way, and generally aren't going to commit 2-4 hours at a sitting.
I would have to state the opposite here. If I play a tease like this or the Tower for example, I plan and set aside that time. If I have shorter time available, I choose another tease. The fact is that shorter teases are more common, so these with more thought and work behind them should be cherished, they don't come along that often! :love:
electrodick
Explorer
Explorer

Post by electrodick »

edger477 wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 2:09 pm
electrodick wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:28 pm Hey JBK…. The upper floors. I’ve had a few encounters. I’ve had perhaps 10 lock ups, where I select a girl and the buttons might appear on right…sometimes a pic, but then nothing.
When that happens, press F12 or Ctrl+Shift+I (whatever is in your browser) to open developer tools and then check for error messages in console.
Share them since they often contain the name of variable that is mistyped.
Okay JBK... a couple of issues yesterday... I wish I understood the code/language. I hope you can understand when and where it all happened.
If it helps I am happy to exchange by email... I am sure I can see it happen more and more. Let me know if that's better.
Attachments
Screenshot 3 2023-10-09 175224.png
Screenshot 3 2023-10-09 175224.png (647.3 KiB) Viewed 7907 times
Screenshot 2- 2023-10-09 174927.png
Screenshot 2- 2023-10-09 174927.png (555.88 KiB) Viewed 7907 times
Screenshot 4b 2023-10-09 175812.png
Screenshot 4b 2023-10-09 175812.png (768.15 KiB) Viewed 7907 times
Screenshot 4 2023-10-09 175652.png
Screenshot 4 2023-10-09 175652.png (687.8 KiB) Viewed 7907 times
electrodick
Explorer
Explorer

Post by electrodick »

JBK... here's another...
All went well until I clicked 'I came'. The sound continued for a bit, then stopped and this is where it stopped. All these errors occur for me on the upper floors. I don't think I have ever encountered a problem in the first 10.
Attachments
Screenshot  today 2023-10-10 175001.png
Screenshot today 2023-10-10 175001.png (569.86 KiB) Viewed 7814 times
electrodick
Explorer
Explorer

Post by electrodick »

JBK... session today went flawlessly, except a few floors were really slow to load.
Finally I got to 20th floor... and it was slow to load, then showed '20th Floor' banner, then dropped to the all-floors menu. I selected 20 again and I was in. Finally after 15 mins or so I was done... I clicked 'I came' and the button went away but it just kept going for a few more minutes when the sound stopped. That is when I did the F12 print.
Attachments
Image4.jpg
Image4.jpg (206.21 KiB) Viewed 7690 times
JBK
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by JBK »

electrodick wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:28 pm
JBK wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:02 pm
electrodick wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:03 am

JBK! I have been chasing these teases for years now. I've done enough to know when permission is given, it's nearing the end. On the first 10 floor by memory, the code is given after you click 'I came' (I think?). I have on one tease at least held out to be told something like "I can't keep doing this forever. Bye".
What's a man to do? We all know men are not thinking at their clearest in this phase. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Have fun on the upper floors ;-)
Hey JBK…. The upper floors. I’ve had a few encounters. I’ve had perhaps 10 lock ups, where I select a girl and the buttons might appear on right…sometimes a pic, but then nothing.
I’ve had a successful encounter with a girl. She lets me go up a floor, then nothing again. Tried lots of floors. Seems to be no real pattern.
In my testing I have only had this happen during Milovana outages, where the server response becomes ridiculously slow.

I see in the debug log that the tease is trying to load pages like -015bryci, which indicates you're playing an old version of the tease, as the -015bryci page was removed months ago, as were all references to it. Are you playing a version you downloaded to GuideMe or something similar?

The only issue I can replicate is the error with the 'I came' button on the upper floors. I'll fix that. Everything else seems to work fine :hmmm:
electrodick
Explorer
Explorer

Post by electrodick »

JBK wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 8:28 am
electrodick wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:28 pm
JBK wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:02 pm
Have fun on the upper floors ;-)
Hey JBK…. The upper floors. I’ve had a few encounters. I’ve had perhaps 10 lock ups, where I select a girl and the buttons might appear on right…sometimes a pic, but then nothing.
I’ve had a successful encounter with a girl. She lets me go up a floor, then nothing again. Tried lots of floors. Seems to be no real pattern.
In my testing I have only had this happen during Milovana outages, where the server response becomes ridiculously slow.

I see in the debug log that the tease is trying to load pages like -015bryci, which indicates you're playing an old version of the tease, as the -015bryci page was removed months ago, as were all references to it. Are you playing a version you downloaded to GuideMe or something similar?

The only issue I can replicate is the error with the 'I came' button on the upper floors. I'll fix that. Everything else seems to work fine :hmmm:
Thanks JBK, that's interesting. I don't know how I might be using an old version... it is not downloaded (I didn't know I could - I have GuideMe from the Tower days...
It's gotta be a cache thing I guess. While I can't understand enough of the program to be actually residing in the cache, it would explain a bit of it. I'll look at clearing that and start again.
Thanks... away now for a week... so don't get excited when you don't hear from me :lol:
electrodick
Explorer
Explorer

Post by electrodick »

Ok JBK...

I thought I'd clear the cache as mentioned. I tried shift+F5 as well as Crl+shift+I. The latter of course brings open the window for developer. So I don't know how or if I actually cleared the cache.

What I did check though was the pain boost... it was set for 30 *which I had it set at before you changed and limited it to 15. I know at least a few days back it was indeed 15 of 15.

I was away last week... I noticed after a few days not using the PC when I started the tease my progress instead of showing 30 or 40 pain mistresses, it showed zero. Something reset... I assumed you had changed something.

Should I look at downloading into GuideMe? When all is said and done, I'm happy being on line... I am not away from internet often.

Tell me is there is something I can do or tell you...

Thanks for the effrorts.
Steve
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-10-15 131654.png
Screenshot 2023-10-15 131654.png (681.97 KiB) Viewed 7552 times
JBK
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by JBK »

electrodick wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:27 am Ok JBK...

I thought I'd clear the cache as mentioned. I tried shift+F5 as well as Crl+shift+I. The latter of course brings open the window for developer. So I don't know how or if I actually cleared the cache.

What I did check though was the pain boost... it was set for 30 *which I had it set at before you changed and limited it to 15. I know at least a few days back it was indeed 15 of 15.

I was away last week... I noticed after a few days not using the PC when I started the tease my progress instead of showing 30 or 40 pain mistresses, it showed zero. Something reset... I assumed you had changed something.

Should I look at downloading into GuideMe? When all is said and done, I'm happy being on line... I am not away from internet often.

Thanks for the effrorts.
Steve
Everytime I fix a bug and republish, harm may come to the persistent storage, so you may lose your progress.
Painboost above 15 may raise the volume of the more extreme pain files to >100, causing the playback to mute and the player not feeling anything.

The references to pages like -015bryci should be gone, there is no mention of them in the currently published version of the tease.
Andrus
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Andrus »

I finally got around to trying this as stereo estim has trumped triphase estim in my life lately. Wow. Ten pages of comments tells you that you have a hit. The concept of a do-over of a good concept is perfectly fine and I'm well aware it doesn't really lessen the enormous development time.

I finally did a half play through yesterday: only made it to floor 4 or 5 do to time limitations. I appreciate that the estim files are a bit more varied than the regular phase-shifting... something that is starting to feel dull to me. But, I wish there was even more variety or some way to skip floors faster. Call it a speed-run mode.

On that note, if this used stereo estim files, with the greater variety found with that, this would be close to perfection.
electrodick
Explorer
Explorer

Post by electrodick »

JBK wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:17 pm
electrodick wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:27 am Ok JBK...

Thanks for the effrorts.
Steve
Everytime I fix a bug and republish, harm may come to the persistent storage, so you may lose your progress.
Painboost above 15 may raise the volume of the more extreme pain files to >100, causing the playback to mute and the player not feeling anything.

The references to pages like -015bryci should be gone, there is no mention of them in the currently published version of the tease.
JBK, thanks... but I am not 'trying' to keep pain boost that high. I know it was changed so it was max 15... somehow though mine is back to 30 (and I did have that early on).
Something is hanging on and I just don't know how to clear it. I don't really care that I might need to start again. The fact is, what I have stuck in memory somewhere is seemingly creating bugs.
Any thoughts of how to make Chrome forget the tease completely?
electrodick
Explorer
Explorer

Post by electrodick »

JBK... hey, just a thought... I have used the tease on an iPad. Works fine except it won't allow me to enter the code for elevator. The screen flickers, stops full screen mode and the keyboard doesn't pop up.

If you don't care about iPad, that's fine... but if you do (and it is a handy thing sometimes), I figured I should at least tell you.

Cheers
electrodick
Explorer
Explorer

Post by electrodick »

Hey JBK... cache cleared, browsing history cleared. All my Bryci settings reset an it still flounders.

I don't know, but it seems to me there might be an issue with me calling on data from the source server.

It was (yesterday) really clunky. I had sound issues.... sometimes on, then off... I tried it again in Firefox. No better.

I am not having obvious internet issues. Speed result here too... Is time zone difference a possible server issue? I am in Australia. I'm puzzled. :look:
Attachments
Speed.png
Speed.png (48.89 KiB) Viewed 7016 times
Screenshot 2023-10-24 174700.png
Screenshot 2023-10-24 174700.png (492.33 KiB) Viewed 7016 times
Screenshot 2023-10-24 172757.png
Screenshot 2023-10-24 172757.png (454.56 KiB) Viewed 7016 times
Kevin77794
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Kevin77794 »

Is there an updated guideme version to this?
JBK
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by JBK »

electrodick wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:40 am Hey JBK... cache cleared, browsing history cleared. All my Bryci settings reset an it still flounders.

I don't know, but it seems to me there might be an issue with me calling on data from the source server.

It was (yesterday) really clunky. I had sound issues.... sometimes on, then off... I tried it again in Firefox. No better.

I am not having obvious internet issues. Speed result here too... Is time zone difference a possible server issue? I am in Australia. I'm puzzled. :look:
I have no idea what to say.. I looks like the problem is the connection to the media server and not something in the tease.
I'll make some suggestions but can't assist you in troubleshooting this.
- Are you experiencing these issues in other teases as well or is it just this one?
- Have you tried using another browser?
- Have you tried using a different computer?
- Have you tried using a different internet connection (work/school/cellphone/...)?
- Are you using a VPN that the Milovana media server might be blocking?
- Is your ISP censoring you somehow?
electrodick
Explorer
Explorer

Post by electrodick »

JBK wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 10:58 pm
electrodick wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:40 am Hey JBK... cache cleared, browsing history cleared. All my Bryci settings reset an it still flounders.

I have no idea what to say.. I looks like the problem is the connection to the media server and not something in the tease.
I'll make some suggestions but can't assist you in troubleshooting this.
- Are you experiencing these issues in other teases as well or is it just this one?
- Have you tried using another browser?
- Have you tried using a different computer?
- Have you tried using a different internet connection (work/school/cellphone/...)?
- Are you using a VPN that the Milovana media server might be blocking?
- Is your ISP censoring you somehow?
I haven't tried another tease...although I have used many of them regularly since Estim Tower arrived.
Another browser? I did try Firefox - no better
A different computer? I guess it's worth a try, but this is the one I have used for the last 3 years.
I don't have another service... although I will try cellphone.
VPN? It was turned on... I have now turned off.
ISP... I doubt it.
Lets see....
I have downloaded to GuideMe after reading one of your responses mentioning it. Undoubtedly that will overcome the problem, if not fix it.
Thanks.... we'll see what I can learn based on your comments/questions.
Cheers
Electro