[RELEASE] Bryci's Estim Experience

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
whaappen1968
Explorer
Explorer

Re: [RELEASE] Bryci's Estim Experience

Post by whaappen1968 »

pvsage wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:58 pm
whaappen1968 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:52 am Tried it on two browsers now, Chrome and Edge and it's doing the same in both.

OK, to help with troubleshooting. I've now tried it with the "remember code" feature both on and off, and not logged in in a private window. It seems to have got worse, not it doesn't let me into the upper elevator at all. I get into the first one. Click upper floors and it just freezes with the picture of the elevator girl.
It might be an architecture or OS issue. I get crashes in Chromium on Raspbian Bullseye and Chrome and Firefox on my basic bitch Android Quince Tart phone, but no crashes with Firefox on Debian Bullseye running on my Intel box.
I think it might have been an ISP issue. Now I'm back home using it on my own faster broadband the problem seems to have gone.
whaappen1968
Explorer
Explorer

Post by whaappen1968 »

OK, I've now run through this tease with both the 2B and the 3rdh and they both have the same issue - the pain files.

The normal girls work great with both units, more powerful that in the original estim tower. However, the pain files don;t really work with either unit, they are way too quiet, even with the pain calibration turned right up to 15 (I've tried it at levels in between as well). Neither of them show the pain files getting sent to a mistress is boring because nothing happens.

I tried some of the higher levels as well using the elevator, and the same thing. A girl will be giving very strong stim, then tell you you're getting a pain burst and it all goes quiet. The 3rdh is normally better at the pain, for example, in Caprice's tower all the pain files work well on the 3rdh (although I do run it in GuideMe with the louder files inserted) but in this one not at all.

Just go give some perspective, I use your other tease (the MAFFIA one) quite a bit as well (had an awesome HFO from the woman in blue yesterday, but that's another story...), most of your pain files in there DO work with the 3rdh, the ones when the blonde girl is getting tortured for example are great, as are the ones with the redhead trainee rosari, but the files associated with Capri as a pain rosari don't really work very well at all.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by edger477 »

The pain files that are based on "spikyness" (so i.e. volume modulation that makes it look like it has painful impulses) get filtered on 2b because unit was meant to be used with "music" as input and they never considered compatibility with estim files for diy devices.
whaappen1968
Explorer
Explorer

Post by whaappen1968 »

edger477 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:21 am The pain files that are based on "spikyness" (so i.e. volume modulation that makes it look like it has painful impulses) get filtered on 2b because unit was meant to be used with "music" as input and they never considered compatibility with estim files for diy devices.
Yeah, I already know that, which is why making all the pain files like that for a general tease is not a good idea, as the 2B is a common device.

Having said that, these pain files also don't work on the 3rdh, which is normally much better than the 2B at processing pain files. (Indeed that's why I bought it).

There aren't many commercially available devices around at the moment, and of those available, these are probably the two most popular.
Xyrexus
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Xyrexus »

Does anyone have the guideme version of this perchance?
v0ltaire
Explorer
Explorer

Post by v0ltaire »

Xyrexus wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:11 am Does anyone have the guideme version of this perchance?
Here you go: https://mega.nz/folder/oyU1xRRJ#kcWYiza04DLbNuvhXDZcdA

Includes both the regular release and endless mode. I reconstructed this from my somewhat modified version and only briefly tested it. I hope everything went according to plan and I didn't overlook anything. I always used GuideMe64 0.3.8 and encountered no issues. I don't remember exactly what the deal with the second Audio folders was. There's a good chance though that this information is buried in some old thread or someone else may remember.

Enjoy!
Xyrexus
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Xyrexus »

v0ltaire wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:46 pm
Xyrexus wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:11 am Does anyone have the guideme version of this perchance?
Here you go: https://mega.nz/folder/oyU1xRRJ#kcWYiza04DLbNuvhXDZcdA

Includes both the regular release and endless mode. I reconstructed this from my somewhat modified version and only briefly tested it. I hope everything went according to plan and I didn't overlook anything. I always used GuideMe64 0.3.8 and encountered no issues. I don't remember exactly what the deal with the second Audio folders was. There's a good chance though that this information is buried in some old thread or someone else may remember.

Enjoy!
Thanks very much, I mostly wanted this in guideme format as I use a 2B and so might need to edit/replace the pain files for them to even do anything.
AmvetSB
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by AmvetSB »

I've made it through everything to do with floors 1-10, never given the chance to 'chose another' or anything else to get the code to the 11-20 elevators. Not once has anything come up as indicated in this thread to get a code for the upper floors.
throwawayacct
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by throwawayacct »

AmvetSB wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 9:51 pm I've made it through everything to do with floors 1-10, never given the chance to 'chose another' or anything else to get the code to the 11-20 elevators. Not once has anything come up as indicated in this thread to get a code for the upper floors.
viewtopic.php?p=351615#p351615
AmvetSB
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by AmvetSB »

I have followed this several times, never have I tried easy! :P Just have never been given any codes for the upper floors :/
MatzeM
Explorer
Explorer

Post by MatzeM »

Kaelis wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:40 am
boundupone wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 8:18 pm
Spoiler: show
JBK wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 8:02 pm
I'm glad to hear you had fun :)
Did you play till floor 10? Or did you venture beyond?
hmm, am i missing something for the upper floors, can't get the elevator codes to work the second time they ask (after i select to go to upper floors), am I missing something how to get this to work??
1. There are 4 elevator codes in total for this tease, 2 for the first 10 floors, and 2 for the second 10 floors. Each time you start a new tease, it will randomise which codes work and which ones don't. So even if you *know* the codes, its a 50/50 chance of you putting the wrong one in.

2. To get the codes for the upper floors, reach floor 10, Bryci will give you an option to "stay here and cum" or "take a chance at floors 11 to 20". If you take a chance, she'll give you the 2 Upper codes and send you to the elevator lady. Once again, there's a 50/50 of either code being the right one, get it right and you'll get full elevator access to all 20 floors until the end of that session.

3. If you have both sets of elevator codes and you want to start a new tease and try out some of the upper floors, you need to enter the elevator (which requires the floor 1-10 codes) and click the button labelled "Upper Floors" where you will be prompted to put in one of the floor 11-20 codes. Once again, each code input has a 50/50 of being right.

4. To get the codes for the lower 10 floors, accept Bryci's offer to cum and follow her instructions.

Hope that helps!

Hi,

Tried to get to Floor 11 and above but failed.

I do not get the option to go to floor 11 - 20 ...

What am I doing wrong?

I'm asked by her if I will cum with her or another girl ... but do not get the option to continue to floor 11 and above...

Do I need to play in a specific mode? (Easy, Hard, ...?)

Any guidance would be highly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Best regards

M
JBK
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by JBK »

Quoting myself again :-)
I'll repeat what I've said to multiple people asking about this: You can NOT access the higher floors on 'Easy' mode. This is because there is a lot of pain on the upper floors and 'Ease' mode is meant to be nearly pain-free.

To access the upper floors, choose a mode other than 'Easy'. When on floor 10, choose 'Choose another girl' and then 'More Floors!'. Survive Bryci and you get the codes for the second elevator.
Maybe I should simplify the process of obtaining the codes...
qwksilver
Explorer
Explorer

Post by qwksilver »

The above may be solved by this idea I've had.

It seems there are 3 pain zones; basement 1 2 and 3
or easy advanced and harsh
but pain is different for everyone, so whenever we first drop down. give a random choice from one never visited, then mercy can upscale the pain from there. but you can never "score" on a mistress if you don't exit the end of her encounter.

now when you score all the pain mistresses trigger a random mistress that is "heavy pain" from the higher floors when you encounter someone again. at the end of that random encounter say something like, wow, you really are a pain brat aren't you, perhaps the lower levels are too tame, try using this code to jump to the upper levels

that code will let you in the 11th floor.
from there on own a code when you get to go up, and have a set of codes that let you restart on higher and higher levels.

i also have not been opposed to encountering basements 4 5 6, and with them a whole bunch of new pain missses something like 2/4 are about the same and 3/5 but then 6 exceeds the sadism of all before.

just some ideas, i know you are trying to keep the lower game true to the original where possible.
throwawayacct
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by throwawayacct »

JBK wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 8:56 pm Quoting myself again :-)
I'll repeat what I've said to multiple people asking about this: You can NOT access the higher floors on 'Easy' mode. This is because there is a lot of pain on the upper floors and 'Ease' mode is meant to be nearly pain-free.

To access the upper floors, choose a mode other than 'Easy'. When on floor 10, choose 'Choose another girl' and then 'More Floors!'. Survive Bryci and you get the codes for the second elevator.
Maybe I should simplify the process of obtaining the codes...
I write copy for applications and educational game materials in professional training programs. I write web copy too, edit manuals, and also lead IRL peer-to-peer training sessions.

While there is a strong pull towards being clever to ensure people are paying attention and to give every 2nd-3rd user the thrill of finding a "special", the one thing a few of my colleagues fail at is trying to be clever. Or, as I say it directly - huffing their own farts. You can be clever with a storyline, but not with the processes.

The balance is found in designing something for the newest seasonal users that can still be engaging for a lifer to refresh themselves. You don't want the user to feel like they're grinding on a 2nd, 3rd, or 10th run through, but you also don't want to make new users frustrated at not seeing the sailboat in the Magic Eye painting because no one explained how to change their focal point.

Furthermore, you can't assume people will understand the process or vision. Different people make different connections. Also, neurotypicals will solve a problem or analyze a challenge in ways that a neurodivergent (ADHD, ASD, dyslexia, dyscalculia, etc...about 20% of the population) person will not. Reading differently and/or processing information differently are just a couple hallmarks that show delineation between neurotypes. When it comes to a kink community, the rates are SIGNIFICANTLY higher in population.

Word puzzles and math games on timers are absolute no-gos (unless you are unconcerned with alienating the 20%). Recognizing most people skim blocks of text rather than reading carefully, is one way to make material accessible for all levels of users. Critical decision points need to be isolated from narrative text, so that people recognize there is something distinct to pay attention to - like the blue ropes in FarCry, or bolded text in Ultima6... To many seasoned users, it's a little eye-rolling, but new entrants are usually happy to get a mild hint which lightly bends but doesn't break immersion. These things are made to help you along a path.

Burying an entire half of a program behind a carefully selected set of choices is the kind of stuff you'd get in a massive open-world game like Witcher3, but designers need to remember why people are using these programs... because they want to get off in some way, and generally aren't going to commit 2-4 hours at a sitting.

Rillo's Estim Hack is an example of one such frustration-inducing and immersion breaking program. The combination of multiple hidden sections with stingy and difficulty-based randomizers and extended time-outs, took what was initially fun and creative and made it frustrating in a non-pleasant way; not one that I would repeat frequently if at all. On the other side, the original Tower concept gets a lot of replay because it's fairly direct in design, but it isn't challenging anyone outside of the overall length of the program.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

throwawayacct wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 2:29 pm
Rillo's Estim Hack is an example of one such frustration-inducing and immersion breaking program. The combination of multiple hidden sections with stingy and difficulty-based randomizers and extended time-outs, took what was initially fun and creative and made it frustrating in a non-pleasant way; not one that I would repeat frequently if at all. On the other side, the original Tower concept gets a lot of replay because it's fairly direct in design, but it isn't challenging anyone outside of the overall length of the program.
I think you are forgetting that Estim Hack had save mechanism and you did not loose progress when you restart. I was able to get to Haxorella more than once in one sitting, but there was always some content left. The game was designed to make you repeat some of the stuff in order to get some of the rare sessions, and since you had a save, you were able to come back and try to get in contact with models you did not fully unlock yet, without having to go through random sessions. You also needed a notepad to write down their phones since they were different for each replay.