conductive paint

This is the place for all suggestions, releases and feedback regarding Milovana Hardware efforts.
Bumbum
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

conductive paint

Post by Bumbum »

Hello,

has anyone a recommendation for a conductive paint usable safe on skin for e-stim?

best regards
Bumbum
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: conductive paint

Post by edger477 »

Copper tape for EMI shielding (sometimes called Kapton tape). I use it to wrap 3d-printed electrodes for external use.
wqslave
Explorer
Explorer

Post by wqslave »

edger477 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:15 pm Copper tape for EMI shielding (sometimes called Kapton tape). I use it to wrap 3d-printed electrodes for external use.
No, you've either mixed-up two different things or misread the OP. Kapton tape is an insulator, not a conductor, of electricity. It's also body safe enough you can fucking eat it, so feel free to use it internally.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

wqslave wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:17 pm
edger477 wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 5:15 pm Copper tape for EMI shielding (sometimes called Kapton tape). I use it to wrap 3d-printed electrodes for external use.
No, you've either mixed-up two different things or misread the OP. Kapton tape is an insulator, not a conductor, of electricity. It's also body safe enough you can fucking eat it, so feel free to use it internally.
There is polyamide kapton tape that is insulator, but I did not refer to that one. If you read my post, I was referring to copper tape, for example:
https://www.amazon.de/Sycees-Kapton-Sel ... B07SFV13F2

Trust me, it is very conductive! :)
Bumbum
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Bumbum »

Hello,

for my idea is tape not possible. I am searching for paint which can be applied liquid.

best regards
Bumbum
darthjj
Explorer
Explorer

Post by darthjj »

I've been looking for something similar but not found anything. My current (untested) plan is to get skin safe silicone, as used for special fx masks and prosthetics etc, and mix it with either chopped carbon fiber or graphite powder. If you google "conductive rubber diy" there should be plenty of recipes to choose from.

Carbon based conductive rubber won't be as good as nickel based, but it ought to be more skin safe afaik. I'm thinking it hopefully works for a thin layer on top of something metallic.
throwawayacct
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by throwawayacct »

Bumbum wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:25 pm Hello,

for my idea is tape not possible. I am searching for paint which can be applied liquid.

best regards
Bumbum
Maybe if you would disclose what you're using for, you could actually be helped out.

Most of the long-time stimmers have decades upon decades of experience, have watched materials and tech change through it all, and tend to stay on top of the newest conductive elements out there.
arig4711
Explorer
Explorer

Post by arig4711 »

Bumbum wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2023 2:25 pm Hello,

best regards
Bumbum
You can try electro plating with conductive copper lacquer. I am quite firm with it and use it for eStim-purposes.
Steps:
- paint the item with the lacquer
- electro plate the item with copper and a voltage between 0,8V - 1.5V
picofarad
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch

Post by picofarad »