I need some advice

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
derg
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

I need some advice

Post by derg »

I have made 2 webteases but they have not been doing well I need some advice on what type of teases do well on this site or what topics I should focus on.
indyc
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: I need some advice

Post by indyc »

This is a tough question to answer but it really depends on what your goals are in making content. Let me know more what you envision you want as a creator.

I went through your latest release to see why it might be rated lower than you wish. (It won't let me see how many voted, it is probably less than 10 or so with only 16 on your first tease) I don't think Milovana has a big furry/futa crowd the way some other sites do. That's not to say you can't be successful with them but I would definitely suggest putting capitalization and punctuation for each sentence regardless.

Beyond that it really depends on how much effort you want to put in. Having branching paths will quickly make your workload x10 or more but meaningful decisions are the kind of stuff I personally look for in teases. Beyond that I would add more flavor text that mentions stuff in the picture itself to make it feel more immersive.

I also notice teases that have more of an intro or "windup" seem to fare better with ratings. Yours jumps into the tasks very quickly which might be making them feel a bit more arbitrary than they otherwise should. I'm not saying you should add long timers or anything but just more intro content setting text could help with sexy stuff to jumpstart the "mood". I hope you continue to create!
Grimm
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: Submissive

Post by Grimm »

This might come across a little strong and I do apologize as it is not my intent to be mean (and I definitely can't judge you too harshly as despite being a consistent visitor for years I've never posted a single tease while you have posted 2) but as someone who writes as a hobby I think indyc hit the nail on the head. While some of your issues come from your teases having less popular themes the biggest thing is the lack of story.

While a lot of the older teases on here are simple sets of images and a number of strokes to do the "medium" has evolved over the years. Most modern teases are based more around telling a story and setting up a narrative of events which you don't really do outside of some basic framing (like the guards chasing you). While not every tease needs a feature length narrative and LotR scale worldbuilding, most popular teases are ultimately a "story with sexy pictures" whereas your teases lean more towards a set of instructions... with sexy pictures.

It seems like your first tease had more of a story and setup to it which is probably why it is doing better than the second one, I would say you are on the right track you just need to delve a little deeper into the writing side of things. That should make your teases a little more immersive for the readers.

Edit: Also just to reiterate what indyc said, spelling and punctuation can play a big part in immersion too... it's hard to focus on what a character is saying when their dialogue is difficult to read or full of errors that remind you that you are reading text on a screen and not hearing it spoken out loud (if that makes sense).
derg
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!

Post by derg »

Thank you for all your advice it is helpful and well thought out.
mike225
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: Switch
Dom/me(s): not owned, would like to try it online
Sub/Slave(s): Do not own anyone but would be willing to give that a try as well

Post by mike225 »

I, personally, would just write what you enjoy and let your writing style increase over time.
Don't worry about the rating. That's my thoughts. if you like it others probably will too.
Haru Lunes
Explorer
Explorer
Sexual Orientation: Gay

Post by Haru Lunes »

Honestly, for your first two teases, I'd say they aren't half bad, just gotta get more into it and get more practice.
To be fair though, I like furry stuff and feel this side needs moreo f it and I like cocks, sooo, I am at least for I'd say 70% or such your target demographic.
I also wanted to get into making teases, but I simply can't find the willpower to work out how all of that works :P

Over all I'd otherwise agree to what the others wrote already, a bit more storywriting, properly also a bit more descriptive and clear names/descriptions and tags would probably also help you a lot on specifically hitting the demographic you'Re producing content for.

If you need a bit of help on storytelling and such, feel free to hit me up, I love writing and storytelling, been doing that stuff for a lot of years and also helped out on one or two other teases in the past, so it really isn't a bother ^^
Faroe
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: None of the above

Post by Faroe »

Hey

To add my thoughts, after looking at your teases..

1) Do what you enjoy, nothing is worse than working on something you don't like doing - and hopefully some people will share your thoughts.
2) Look at some of the popular teases, and see what they do; I like how e-stim hack encourages re-engagement with the game and an indication of how far you are into the game. There are many other great examples of excellent teases, just look at the most popular!
3) Take some of the ideas from these teases and make a tease you really like - ideally with some re-playability value/sense of progress.

I also agree with the other comments.

Happy to help with any tech/coding stuff - it's not as scary as it first looks!

F
PlayfulGuy
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual/Bi-Curious
Dom/me(s): No domme
Sub/Slave(s): No sub

Post by PlayfulGuy »

I know I'm late to the discussion but for what it's worth, and after having tried Spooky House yesterday and Big Challenge today, I think the comments above re adding more story, and more intro, etc. are all pretty much on track.

For my two cents I would also suggest you focus on doing stuff that you like. Write the tease for you, and people like you will like it too. Like someone else commented, I'm into furry, and futa (though not usually dragons), so the material worked for me for the most part. If you work with stuff you like, others will like it too. How many "followers" you get shouldn't really matter, and when your choice of material fits a smaller niche you're going to get fewer takers. That's not really a reflection on the quality of your work, it's just how it goes.

One nit-picky thing for me (and maybe it's just me, but I doubt that) was your tease "Big Challenge" failed to live up to it's name. For me it was way too short (so not Big), and not very challenging. It's kind of a strange thing, but a grand title like "Big Challenge" sets an expectation in the mind of the people that open it. Regardless of the material and everything else, if it fails to live up to that expectation, it becomes a disappointment, even if it was really good while it lasted, and people might rate it lower than they would if it had been called "A little challenge", or whatever.

All that said, for your first two teases I think you did well, and I hope you make more. I'll check them out for sure.

Edit: It occurred to me later that these two teases could easily be combined into one larger tease, with Spooky house as the first part, and Big Challenge as the second part. When you escape from Spooky House you find yourself naked in the forest (the events of Big Challenge).

PG