Restim: e-stim audio generation software

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

Pinco
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Restim: e-stim audio generation software

Post by Pinco »

Hi diglet, first of all restim is a great piece of software... but very odd things happening; last week I was using restim->MFP->MVP and it was all OK, I also used restim->MFP->OFS to add volume/frequency to existing funscripts and it was OK.
Suddenly these configs are not working anymore. The only way to load all funscripts in restim (like in your Klinik Vi33a) is chosing in SyncMedia VLC.
Using MFP (choosing Internal in SyncMedia) I see restim connected through WebSocket, all funscripts loaded in MFP but none show up in restim Funscripts(auto-detect) and starting the video I see that restim is processing only alpha, beta and volume.
I'm using Win10, restim 1.16, MFP 1.29.3, OFS 3.2.0, VLC 3.0.20

Any suggestion? As far as I remember I have not changed any configuration from the working one
Thanks
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by edger477 »

I
Pinco wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:06 pm Any suggestion? As far as I remember I have not changed any configuration from the working one
Maybe check this? viewtopic.php?t=26827

I think the axis names/codes might have changed, make sure all is configured same in MFP device.
Pinco
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Pinco »

I did and double checked it is OK; even with only alpha, beta config in the restim->MFP->MPV the funscripts(Auto-detect) doesn't show anything
PetitGreg
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by PetitGreg »

Pinco wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:35 pm I did and double checked it is OK; even with only alpha, beta config in the restim->MFP->MPV the funscripts(Auto-detect) doesn't show anything
Does MultiFunPlayer show you axis values ? If not, check "Script repositories" path (and if "recursive" option is on too).
Script repositories.jpg
Script repositories.jpg (17.65 KiB) Viewed 1569 times
Recursive.jpg
Recursive.jpg (22.58 KiB) Viewed 1569 times
In MultiFunPlayer, is Settings->Device set up correctly for alpha, beta, etc funscripts ?
Are video name and funscripts names match ?
Are video and funscripts located in the same folder ?
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

Pinco wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:06 pm Hi diglet, first of all restim is a great piece of software... but very odd things happening; last week I was using restim->MFP->MVP and it was all OK, I also used restim->MFP->OFS to add volume/frequency to existing funscripts and it was OK.
Suddenly these configs are not working anymore. The only way to load all funscripts in restim (like in your Klinik Vi33a) is chosing in SyncMedia VLC.
Using MFP (choosing Internal in SyncMedia) I see restim connected through WebSocket, all funscripts loaded in MFP but none show up in restim Funscripts(auto-detect) and starting the video I see that restim is processing only alpha, beta and volume.
I'm using Win10, restim 1.16, MFP 1.29.3, OFS 3.2.0, VLC 3.0.20

Any suggestion? As far as I remember I have not changed any configuration from the working one
Thanks
A few versions ago I unified the configuration for T-code and funscript, this wiped out the old configuration. You may need to configure your axis again in this screen:

When using MFP, Restim doesn't show the axis in the sync media screen, they update silently in the background. It sounds like you expect the funscript loaded in MFP to show up in Restim, but that's not how it works.
Pinco
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Pinco »

How can I insert images in my reply? silly question but...
Pinco
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Pinco »

I have configured restim->MFP like viewtopic.php?t=26827.
Are you saying I have to remove the T-Code axis names?
Pinco
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Pinco »

restim->MFP
Config 1.jpg
Config 1.jpg (216.76 KiB) Viewed 1520 times

restim-> VLC
VLC.jpg
VLC.jpg (134.76 KiB) Viewed 1520 times
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

Pinco wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:41 pm I have configured restim->MFP like viewtopic.php?t=26827.
No, I just tested this and it still seems to work. I say seems because all you can see is that green dot moving, other things are not displayed (like pulse width/frequency, carrier etc).
Pinco
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Pinco »

edger477 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:22 pm
Pinco wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:41 pm I have configured restim->MFP like viewtopic.php?t=26827.
No, I just tested this and it still seems to work. I say seems because all you can see is that green dot moving, other things are not displayed (like pulse width/frequency, carrier etc).
Right, but with restim->VLC you can see volume changes according to the its funscript and under Carrier settings the carrier frequency is greyed and changes according to the its funscript while with restim->MFP only the volume changes and frequency is not greyed and doesn't change
VLC1.jpg
VLC1.jpg (103.8 KiB) Viewed 1408 times
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

Pinco wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:04 pm
Right, but with restim->VLC you can see volume changes according to the its funscript and under Carrier settings the carrier frequency is greyed and changes according to the its funscript while with restim->MFP only the volume changes and frequency is not greyed and doesn't change
VLC1.jpg
That is *as implemented*. Restim doesn't know ahead of time which axis will be sent by MFP, maybe it only sends data for 3 of the 3 configured axis? It would be nice if the UI gave better feedback on which values are sent by MFP, but that's not how it works now.

Although the values don't show in the UI, they do affect the generated audio.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

Pinco wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:04 pm Right, but with restim->VLC you can see volume changes according to the its funscript and under Carrier settings the carrier frequency is greyed and changes according to the its funscript while with restim->MFP only the volume changes and frequency is not greyed and doesn't change
If you do care about this, why just skip the MFP? It is not needed anymore except if you want to sync it to OFS (which is why I used it for, but OFS started crashing when my scripts grew a bit complex).
Pinco
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Pinco »

diglet wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:13 pm
Pinco wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:04 pm
VLC1.jpg
That is *as implemented*. Restim doesn't know ahead of time which axis will be sent by MFP, maybe it only sends data for 3 of the 3 configured axis? It would be nice if the UI gave better feedback on which values are sent by MFP, but that's not how it works now.

Although the values don't show in the UI, they do affect the generated audio.
Got it, I don't have my DIY estim with me right now but VLC, MFP-MPV, MFP-OFS all sound the same using the speakers as output for restim and the "feelings" should be the same when connected to the stim-box :-)

Thanks for the details
Pinco
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Pinco »

edger477 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:30 pm
Pinco wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:04 pm Right, but with restim->VLC you can see volume changes according to the its funscript and under Carrier settings the carrier frequency is greyed and changes according to the its funscript while with restim->MFP only the volume changes and frequency is not greyed and doesn't change
If you do care about this, why just skip the MFP? It is not needed anymore except if you want to sync it to OFS (which is why I used it for, but OFS started crashing when my scripts grew a bit complex).
I prefer VLC over MFP-MVP for playing but I will probably use OFS to add volume/frequency funscripts to some video that otherwise get too repetitive with the signals
lorada
Explorer
Explorer

Post by lorada »

diglet wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:05 am
lorada wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:10 am I tried both arrangements, with no change in behavior, but I realized something that I might be doing wrong. I have been using a bipolar plug with one negative channel to each pole of the electrode. I connected these channels with another cable at the stim box, and I had been assuming that this arrangement would behave the same as both negative channels connected to a single-pole electrode, but now I am unsure about my reasoning. Have I been doing this wrong the whole time?
This arrangement seems correct.

...but if you don't feel any difference, that does suggest you messed up the wiring. Perhaps you should try a config with only three electrode surfaces to make the wiring simpler?
I figured out the problem: the A and B channels were swapped between the amp and the stimbox. :whistle:

Now that I have everything working, Restim is awesome. Is there a CLI, or some feature I haven't found yet that would let me convert a folder full of funscripts as a batch?