Restim: e-stim audio generation software

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Re: Restim: e-stim audio generation software

Post by diglet »

@Electro Thanks for the feedback.

Restim can't do everything yet, but my vision is that you will be able to reproduce those segments in Restim with funscripts. For example, the Good Boy segment can be reproduced with the vibration tab or a high resolution volume funscript. It is not as flexible as supercollider, but it can get the job done. Please tell me if you need additional scripting axis, to keep it simple I only implemented a few in this release.

I already published alpha/beta files for MistressAndBox, they are very accurate. I might work on publishing the volume files as well. I didn't publish them earlier because MFP can't handle them and actually the volume axis is very difficult to calculate.

Like Edger477 says, it'd be useful to figure out what the 'spicy' segments actually do so we can reproduce them in Restim, either by implementing them with existing functionality or by adding new features.

I think calibration will become very difficult when combining signals from multiple sources. The idea that a stimfile only works well with one particular electrode setup sounds very unsatisfying to me.

@Edger477
The easiest approach is to call audio_start() right after audio_stop() in funscript_mapping_changed() in mainwindow.py. You will get a small gap in the audio every time you do this.

Python is an interpreted language (technically it compiles to a light bytecode).
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by edger477 »

diglet wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 11:40 am @Edger477
The easiest approach is to call audio_start() right after audio_stop() in funscript_mapping_changed() in mainwindow.py. You will get a small gap in the audio every time you do this.

Python is an interpreted language (technically it compiles to a light bytecode).
Many thanks... I expected small gap, of course it will be there :), I usually test stuff at lower volume, but I skim through files with reverb controller and mouse (for master volume control on wheel), and without automatic start after every trigger+right (next item) I would need a keyboard (with some simple shortcut?) and another pair of eyes outside of vr to press it...
frenchdude
Explorer
Explorer

Post by frenchdude »

Wow, I didn’t expect this « standalone » version to come out so quickly ! :w00t:
I immediately downloaded it to my MacBook Air (M1).
Well, everything works perfectly :thumbsup:
I just had to switch the language from french to english in VLC (in fact I struggled for a while before trying this :-D ) for Restim to communicate correctly with VLC (it was stuck at the message « Connected, no file loaded »). It’s no problem at all, I’m just mentioning it in case it might help someone else.
Many thanks to you, Diglet, for your fantastic work :thankyou:

Edit : Diglet already fixed it (see below) ! :-)
Last edited by frenchdude on Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

I can confirm VLC only works when the interface language is set to english. I just fixed it, thanks for mentioning that.
Last edited by diglet on Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
showfilm
Explorer
Explorer
I am a: None of the above

Post by showfilm »

diglet wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:07 pm I can conform VLC only works when the interface language is set to english. I just fixed it, thanks for mentioning that.
please add ths commands to wiki for mac users:

Code: Select all

python3 -m pip install -r requirements.txt
python3 restim.py 
samsonjude1776
Explorer
Explorer

Post by samsonjude1776 »

diglet wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:47 pm
- Improved device configuration screen, configurable safety limits.
- Media sync and Funscript support builtin. Supports MPC-HC, VLC and HereSphere. For VLC you need to follow the video instructions here. The others are easy enough to figure out on your own.
- Ability to create audio files (mp3) from the UI.
-
I cant figure anything out...Lol I can follow instructions but have no clue how to get MPC-HC to work. Can someone help
digitalparkinglot
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by digitalparkinglot »

samsonjude1776 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:06 am

I cant figure anything out...Lol I can follow instructions but have no clue how to get MPC-HC to work. Can someone help
I was having trouble with MPC-HC as well. Then I clicked this and it magically started working.

Open MPC-HC. Under the 'View' menu go all the way down to 'Options...'. Click on 'Web Interface' and then click to turn on the 'Listen on port:' button. The 13579 should already be correct in Restim.exe. That's all it took for mine to start working.
MPC-HC.jpg
MPC-HC.jpg (122.88 KiB) Viewed 1468 times
Good Luck!
-dpl
Please enjoy my other creations:
Spoiler: show

CH-Blue Angel
CH-Little Caprice
CH-Dani Daniels
CH-Night & Day
CH-Breathe - Featuring Anjelica
CH-Breathe Harder - Featuring Anjelica
CH-Erotic Delirium
CH-Stacy Vs Sybil
CH-Jia Vs Michelle
CH-Mia Vs Dani
CH-Emily Vs Naomi
CH-Softcore Collaboration 3 (Produced & round #7)
Fapilicious-Blowjob Edition
Fapilicious-Featuring Aubrey Star
Fapilicious-Featuring Anjelica
Fapiliciuos-Featuring Tracy Lindsay
RLGL-Featuring Lily Ivy
RLGL-Featuring Clover
RLGL-Featuring Guerlain
RLGL-Featuring Sabrisse
RLGL-Featuring Kasey Chase
RLGL-Featuring Michaela Isizzu
RLGL-Featuring Lesbian Lovers
Ultimate Edging Challenge-Blowjob Edition
Ultimate Edging Challenge-Massage Edition
Wet Dream Induction-Featuring Tracy Lindsay
PMV Pussy Licking Good
E-Stim Fantasy
E-Stim with Michaela Isizzu
E-Stim with Guerlain
E-Stim with Kasey Chase
E-Stim with Lily Ivy
E-Stim with Liya Silver
samsonjude1776
Explorer
Explorer

Post by samsonjude1776 »

digitalparkinglot wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 1:14 am
samsonjude1776 wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:06 am

I was having trouble with MPC-HC as well. Then I clicked this and it magically started working.

That worked. Thanks!
Kelvinator
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by Kelvinator »

I had a nice stim session last night playing Tranquilizer, Mistress Remote Box, and Amyl Zombie with Diglet's latest version of Restim V1.13. I used MultiFunPlayer to link all the various parts together. Everything worked fine, especially the volume and frequency funscript files in Tranquilizer. I also got Restim's new Sync Media feature to work, after following DPL's tip above. Nice job, Diglet! You've really streamlined this. K
icehash23
Explorer
Explorer

Post by icehash23 »

Tried out the new version tonight! It seems you've fixed the weird glitchiness that would happen with an internal pattern speed greater than 6. But maybe that was only happening on my machine? Something to do with PC hardware? I think it was skipping samples or something - resulted in random spikes.

Gave pulsed mode a shot and was quite delighted to find it enjoyable now! Granted, last time I tried it was toward the tail end of a session (probably already desensitized), and I didn't really experiment much with trode placement or calibration. At that point it felt too sharp, like only the peaks of the signal were getting through.

Some small bits of feedback:
  • It would be nice if, when seeking around in a video, the movements of signals were a bit more buffered. I know MultiFunPlayer does this by default, and I've always preferred that behavior to, say, ScriptPlayer + MPC-HC. When you seek and land on a radically different point in the circle, it'll gradually ramp over there, rather than jump all at once.
  • Similar to above, when hitting "mirror" in the Adjust Limits section, maybe the dot could reverse direction from its current point rather than jumping across the circle.
  • MPV support would be great, I really love the A-B loop feature you get there.
I think there were some other things, but I'm kinda out of it at this point and just glad I was able to post this at all :mama:
lorada
Explorer
Explorer

Post by lorada »

Kelvinator wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:58 am For Lorada, Here are some suggestions:
1. Check your DIY stim box signals in a non-Restim mode using these 30 second test files: 30 Sec Stereo Ch 1 Only Track.mp3, 30 Sec Stereo Ch 2 Only Track.mp3, and 30 Sec Stereo Track.mp3 found in:
https://mega.nz/folder/5KdCCD7K#1U1ByzDV1cOTrYufR5GCuw
You should hear / feel signals on channel 1 only, channel 2 only, and on both channels respectively. FYI - Puste's CHPlayerV3 is great for playing cock hero videos and stim files:
viewtopic.php?p=291045#p291045
2. If your DIY stim box is outputting signals on both channels and you can hear / feel them comfortably, then:
3. Open Restim and use Tools > Funscript Conversion (1D > 2D) to create alpha and beta funscript files.
4. Here are some Restim settings that work on my DIY TroniC MidiStim box:
a. Tools > Device Selection > StereoStim, Three phase
b. Tools > Preferences > Threephase (make sure L0 and L1 limits are -1.0 to 1.0, and that the Remote Control boxes are checked.
c. Three Phase Tab> Calibration > Neutral Power, try -8 setting. Get your electrodes hooked up, Set the Pattern Generator to Mouse or Circle and Start Audio. Note: I have to increase the sound card volume on the computer to 50% or higher in order to feel the signal. Adjust the volume on your stim box so that you feel the stim signals at a comfortable level.
d. Adjust the Neutral, Right, and Center Power levels until you get the signal strengths you want / enjoy.
I hope this helps you troubleshoot, identify any problems, and tune your system to your individual Restim setups and preferences. Any advice or tips from other users would be appreciated. Good Luck! K
@diglet and @Kelvinator: I have tried most of your suggestions. I discovered that I had a faulty adapter on one of my cables that was going in and out. I thought that was the problem, but after I replaced it, I still have the same issue with sensation. I tried out Kelvinator's single channel test files, and they performed as expected. But for some reason, I can't get Restim configured properly.

I did notice, after further testing, that I had not been describing the sensation as accurately as I thought. While using the circle pattern for configuration, with all the power levels at zero, I detect sensation beginning when the marker is at the R+ symbol on the circular diagram. The sensation increases as the marker travels along the circle, peaking at the Neutral symbol, then decreasing on the way down to the L+ symbol. There is no sensation at all between the L+ and R+ symbols.

When I decrease the Neutral power, eventually all sensation fades, so I increase the volume to compensate. Only now the sensation begins after the R+ symbol, peaks again at the Neutral symbol, and fades out again before the L+ symbol. When I repeat these steps (decrease Neutral power, increase volume), the window of sensation continues to shrink.

This is the opposite behavior that I have been expecting. Have I somehow reversed my electrodes?
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

Indeed it is the opposite of what is supposed to happen. What you describe is exactly what I feel with all zero calibration settings, reducing the neutral setting should gradually equalize the sensations at top and bottom position.

I think you can only get this behavior if your computer outputs a mono signal or the left/right channel are shorted together in your box somehow. But if that were the case, you would easily spot it with the test Kelvinator mentioned. You might want to test, with a dual-channel setup, whether Restim actually outputs a higher voltage on the left channel when position is left in the diagram. But I suspect you already tested this. I have no further Idea's.
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

lorada wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:01 pm
Actually I have one more idea. Can you open your box and check if the left and the right channel are connected in the same way? You might get this behavior if only one of the channels has the + and - reversed.
Ella_94
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by Ella_94 »

diglet wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:47 pm New release: V1.13
https://github.com/diglet48/restim/releases

- Media sync and Funscript support builtin. Supports MPC-HC, VLC and HereSphere. For VLC you need to follow the video instructions here. The others are easy enough to figure out on your own.
- Fix carrier frequency adjustments over T-code not working for pulse-based generator.
- Fix syncing issue with HereSphere.

If you have a media player connected, stim audio will play only when the video is playing, not paused.

Remaining issues: there is no way to offset the funscripts to compensate for latency. The patterns don't work when a funscript is loaded. Wiki needs updates.
Hey :) I'm quite new to all of this, but I'm making my way trough (a lot of reading and trial and error...). Maybe someone can comment on this ability to create audio files from the UI (Bake Audio). I think I read somewhere (maybe on eroscript?) that this feature is basically the same as funstim (on a technical/coding level). Because I'm still trying to get used to restim (wiki), it might render results more quickly if I start using funstim first (generate mp3 and synch video/audio manually) before diving deeper :D Thanks
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

Ella_94 wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:26 am
diglet wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:47 pm New release: V1.13
https://github.com/diglet48/restim/releases

- Fix carrier frequency adjustments over T-code not working for pulse-based generator.
- Fix syncing issue with HereSphere.

If you have a media player connected, stim audio will play only when the video is playing, not paused.

Remaining issues: there is no way to offset the funscripts to compensate for latency. The patterns don't work when a funscript is loaded. Wiki needs updates.
Hey :) I'm quite new to all of this, but I'm making my way trough (a lot of reading and trial and error...). Maybe someone can comment on this ability to create audio files from the UI (Bake Audio). I think I read somewhere (maybe on eroscript?) that this feature is basically the same as funstim (on a technical/coding level). Because I'm still trying to get used to restim (wiki), it might render results more quickly if I start using funstim first (generate mp3 and synch video/audio manually) before diving deeper :D Thanks
The bake audio feature is for those that can't use Restim to generate audio in real-time, for example those using a tablet to play, or those creating audio files for other releases.

If you can, it's much more convenient to generate the audio as the video plays. This makes it very easy to modify the settings and experiment with different signals, to find out what you like. I don't want people to miss out on this, which is why I hesitated implementing this...
showfilm wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:18 pm
diglet wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 7:07 pm I can conform VLC only works when the interface language is set to english. I just fixed it, thanks for mentioning that.
please add ths commands to wiki for mac users:

Code: Select all

python3 -m pip install -r requirements.txt
python3 restim.py 
Good feedback, added to main page.
icehash23 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:31 am Tried out the new version tonight! It seems you've fixed the weird glitchiness that would happen with an internal pattern speed greater than 6. But maybe that was only happening on my machine? Something to do with PC hardware? I think it was skipping samples or something - resulted in random spikes.

Gave pulsed mode a shot and was quite delighted to find it enjoyable now! Granted, last time I tried it was toward the tail end of a session (probably already desensitized), and I didn't really experiment much with trode placement or calibration. At that point it felt too sharp, like only the peaks of the signal were getting through.

Some small bits of feedback:
  • It would be nice if, when seeking around in a video, the movements of signals were a bit more buffered. I know MultiFunPlayer does this by default, and I've always preferred that behavior to, say, ScriptPlayer + MPC-HC. When you seek and land on a radically different point in the circle, it'll gradually ramp over there, rather than jump all at once.
  • Similar to above, when hitting "mirror" in the Adjust Limits section, maybe the dot could reverse direction from its current point rather than jumping across the circle.
  • MPV support would be great, I really love the A-B loop feature you get there.
I think there were some other things, but I'm kinda out of it at this point and just glad I was able to post this at all :mama:
Thanks for the feedback. I've never noticed the glitchyness with high pattern speeds, but I'm glad it's fixed.

With the current code it is quite difficult to implement a slow start feature. I may look into implementing this in a different way by reducing the volume temporarily after a seek action or when audio first starts.

I will look into MPV at some point, probably not soon.