Restim: e-stim audio generation software

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

Niceguy_LondonUK
Explorer
Explorer

Re: Restim: e-stim audio generation software

Post by Niceguy_LondonUK »

I've been having so much fun with restim and a whole of array of applications, I've broken my DIY stereo stim box transformer.

Can some tell me - can I replace the LT700 audio transformer (1200:3.2) with this one from Amazon (1300:8.0) :

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Isolation-Tran ... 124&sr=8-5

I can't bear to be without it.

Best,

Niceguy.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by edger477 »

These look like signal transformers (not suitable for load of estim, unless you limit them to very low pulse duty cycle).

They might work with restim, but will for sure get oversaturated with any "standard" mp3 audio-based stim files.

Since they are cheap, you might try. I checked on amazon.co.uk and did not see anything that is tested or recommended in popular builds, like this transformer: https://www.conrad.de/de/p/elma-tt-iz18 ... 16104.html
InfamousPlantain
Explorer
Explorer

Post by InfamousPlantain »

diglet wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:47 pm New release: V1.13
https://github.com/diglet48/restim/releases

- Ability to create audio files (mp3) from the UI.

nice! I was just here fighting to get a loopback to record right and here you are, new version that answered our requests!
thank you!

but the irony is, I finally have used this software enough to understand why you left it dynamic originally ... mmm. I think I still will have use for this generation feature. Am I using it right by calculating the seconds for the full video and entering it? It seemed to work, but just wanted to make sure I didn't miss some shortcut to go full length automatically or something.

:thankyou:
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

The video duration is the length of the created mp3 file in seconds, this should normally match the video length. The pacing is determined by the funscripts, if you set the video length shorter it will just cut off before the end.

If you connect Restim to a video player, it will try to auto-detect the video length when you open the dialog so you don't have to calculate it manually.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

I did test this just to see how the output looks like for the set of scripts that DPL created for Rhythms of Desire.

I realized that limits set under TCode don't apply here but you need to set the limits under funscript tab, this might be useful for others.

Also as I already wrote in discord, I am suspecting that using vibration feature I can recreate the shapes from famous edging sections from many of the DPL's creations.
I saw under tcode there is modulation 1 frequency, is that vibration 1? Can I use this to control it dynamically for now (until you implement funscript mapping for it)? I know I'd have to use MFP but it is fine for test.
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

Yes, it controls the frequency of vibration 1.

I don't think it can quite do what you want. The modulation frequency in the current release caps out at 100hz because you can get nasty DC signals if the vibration frequency is close to the carrier frequency.

I think what we really want is some way to create arbitrary waveforms, or make a selection of pre-computed waveforms. But I only see a way to generate predictable arbitrary waveforms for positions at the edge of the phase diagram, so it's difficult to integrate in the current UI. I'm slowly trying to research different waveform shapes because it might be useful for activating nerves selectively based on their diameter.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

diglet wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:06 pm Yes, it controls the frequency of vibration 1.

I don't think it can quite do what you want. The modulation frequency in the current release caps out at 100hz because you can get nasty DC signals if the vibration frequency is close to the carrier frequency.

I think what we really want is some way to create arbitrary waveforms, or make a selection of pre-computed waveforms. But I only see a way to generate predictable arbitrary waveforms for positions at the edge of the phase diagram, so it's difficult to integrate in the current UI. I'm slowly trying to research different waveform shapes because it might be useful for activating nerves selectively based on their diameter.
Oh I planned to run debug version with the limit removed... I believe that for these sensations the stroking is not even relevant, but probably simplest way might be to have vibration frequency be mapped (0-1 from funscript) to 0-75% of current carrier frequency. Would that be "far enough" to avoid edge cases?
boundupone
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Switch

Post by boundupone »

Am just starting out with this now, is very interesting and thanks for the hard work, a couple of questions please, and sorry if i missed something earlier in this thread.

All connected to VLC fine, and once open video in VLC the funscript file matches up perfectly, but my question is, what is best option to use - (none), alpha, beta, volume, carrier frequency?

Volume ramp, would be great if somehow you could set the ramp for certain timings and different levels, so for example have an aggressive ramp up at time of cum signal and a gradual one up until then

Thanks again for great app (and I as still trying to figure it all out, so any tips and tricks anyone has will be greatly appreciated)

:-)
Try anything once!
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

boundupone wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:41 pm Am just starting out with this now, is very interesting and thanks for the hard work, a couple of questions please, and sorry if i missed something earlier in this thread.

All connected to VLC fine, and once open video in VLC the funscript file matches up perfectly, but my question is, what is best option to use - (none), alpha, beta, volume, carrier frequency?

Volume ramp, would be great if somehow you could set the ramp for certain timings and different levels, so for example have an aggressive ramp up at time of cum signal and a gradual one up until then

Thanks again for great app (and I as still trying to figure it all out, so any tips and tricks anyone has will be greatly appreciated)

The alpha and beta are converted from funscript (there is converter in menu of restim where you can choose normal funscript to convert to alpha and beta ones). They are loaded automatically. The frequency and volume are new features, used I think in 2 of the newer creations, CH Tranquilizer, and Rhythms of Desire Extended edition.

Here is link to DPL's post where he shared the funscripts, they are already converted (so when placed near the video file with same name, all are loaded automatically): viewtopic.php?p=359217#p359217
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

edger477 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:12 pm
I think the most danger lies in vibration frequencies which are an integer multiple of the carrier frequency. 1:1 is definitely a bad idea. 1:2 is questionable. 3:4 (as in 75%) might be fine, but I'm not entirely sure. Try inspecting the result of these settings in audacity to verify no signals with significant DC offsets being generated.

Prime number ratios such as 7:11 are probably quite safe, you might want to try that as well.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

diglet wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 8:12 pm 1:2 is questionable
I forgot to say that I believe we need to have max volume of carrier component + max volume of vibration should be <=1

This is with 1000Hz at 0.75 + 500Hz at 0.2

I think any vibration frequency is fine as long as the volume of main signal is reduced by volume of vibration (so that sum doesn't get clippings that might result in dc)
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

You don't have to worry about clipping.

I was able to generate this with 1000.1hz carrier and 1000hz vibration. Definitely unsafe.

And this one with 1000.1hz carrier and 500hz vibration. Questionable safety.
boundupone
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by boundupone »

edger477 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:53 pm
boundupone wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:41 pm Am just starting out with this now, is very interesting and thanks for the hard work, a couple of questions please, and sorry if i missed something earlier in this thread.

The alpha and beta are converted from funscript (there is converter in menu of restim where you can choose normal funscript to convert to alpha and beta ones). They are loaded automatically. The frequency and volume are new features, used I think in 2 of the newer creations, CH Tranquilizer, and Rhythms of Desire Extended edition.

Here is link to DPL's post where he shared the funscripts, they are already converted (so when placed near the video file with same name, all are loaded automatically): viewtopic.php?p=359217#p359217
Thanks for the reply, still trying to understand all this

I dont see ET312 mode anywhere, has that been updated in latest release?
Alpha and Beta - What is the difference (so far I have found alpha to be better) - seems like i need multifunplayer to make use of this properly? (downloading it now)
Setup - am i right that i should set up so i feel all around the outer ring as identical power level (i assume easiest to use pattern generator circle for this)
Try anything once!
diglet
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by diglet »

boundupone wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:09 pm
edger477 wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:53 pm

Thanks for the reply, still trying to understand all this

I dont see ET312 mode anywhere, has that been updated in latest release?
Alpha and Beta - What is the difference (so far I have found alpha to be better) - seems like i need multifunplayer to make use of this properly? (downloading it now)
Setup - am i right that i should set up so i feel all around the outer ring as identical power level (i assume easiest to use pattern generator circle for this)

ET232 mode has been changed, the choices now are continuous and pulse-based generation. ET232 mode refers to the continuous algorithm, I recommend the pulse-based for improved power efficiency/safety.

You don't need multifunplayer, this was also changed recently.

Alpha is up/down movement and beta is left/right movement. You need both. Use `tools->funscript conversion` to generate these from 'normal' funscript.

You're right about the calibration process.
boundupone
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by boundupone »

ah ha, i now have the alpha and beta scripts and all is working, i think i may go for some testing now :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:
Try anything once!