[Release] Rhythms of Desire [Championship & Extended edition]

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Re: [Release] Rhythms of Desire [Championship & Extended edition]

Post by edger477 »

I'd like to give heads up.

I am daring to try to improve estim for this. I am sure @digitalparkinglot won't take offense. I am reusing the most of stroking funscript, but reducing range in many parts and using shortened (from start) CH version to implement on-screen instructions that we can't see in PMV version, like "rub the tip", "massage your balls" etc (for this will be important to properly rotate the signal in restim in case you are not using common on head.

And most important, I am adding more funscripts to use new features (pulse frequency as main one), as I want to make this experience more immersive and even more fun, if it is possible.

Since it is now possible to feel the sensations while working on them, there might be a lot of progress quickly (I have already done a lot of preliminary work but need to test the signals, and I haven't visited last 1/3 yet). Still, it is hard to say when I will share the funscripts, maybe in a week?
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

Hello hello! :rolleyes:

I'm here today to offer you my first serious take at estim creation. Regulars already saw the proof of concept I created about 2 weeks ago for a shorter video, and since I have been working on this. This post is results of 9 hours of work in OFS (according to its project time tracker) + several more hours for testing the signals.

Result is another estim (digitalparkinglot already provided one very early) for PMV version of Rhythms of Desire Extended Edition.

BEWARE: This is the first version, and no one except me has beta-tested it. So, those who play this before I update this post, you are also beta-testers.

I recommend getting all the scripts and placing them near the PMV version (it originally has the same name like all scripts) then play e-stim signal using restim. Provided mp3 file has not been tested.

Then make sure that you adjust settings in funscript settings (all settings should be default excecpt these): Limit max for these 2 axes should be set to 200: pulse_frequency, vib1_frequency. Limit min should be set to 3 for pulse_width

EDIT: you also need to enable Vibration under Vibration tab in restim, and download latest version of files from folder (the vibr1_strength.funscript was renamed to vib1_strength.funscript) Also, if you want to open ofs project, redownload it since the script name was changed.

In case you have been running restim from source,
Spoiler: show
then you'd also need to rename the axis funscript accordingly but if you have downloaded release then this is not relevant for you.
Screenshot of settings to change from default:
NOTE: This is for PMV version. It is not synced with CH version, and if someone wants to play it it with CH version
then the CH version needs to be shortened by 21.4 seconds from the start. That is what I used to implement all instructions from CH version into PMV version.
Shortening is possible to do with ffmpeg:

Code: Select all

ffmpeg -i "Rhythms Of Desire - Championship & Extended Edition (Cock Hero).mp4" -c copy -ss 00:00:21.400 "RoD EE CH Shortened at start.mp4"
Then of course rename it into PMV version that you don't have? or rename ALL funscripts to the name of new shortened file.
Electrode config:
I tested with common on head (2 pads just below glans, dorsal and ventral side), one channel to shaft (pad on shaft just above balls) and other channel on loop around balls. I also had 2nd triphase, with common on aneros tempo and channels on pad on prostate (perineuum) and metal cb ring.
If you are using different configuration (common elsewhere), make sure to rotate the calibration accordingly in restim in order to experience proper "rub the tip" and "massage the balls" instructions that appear in CH version.
Calibration:
Before you start:
make mental notes about following estim levels:
- lowest you can perceive
- relaxing (starts above, ends below)
- arousing (ends at "max pleasurable level")
- unpleasant (starts above "max pleasurable level")
[ there could also be next level here, pain or something, but it should not be relevant for this creation ]

The calibration signal starts at second 5 (it goes from beggining to somewhere in relaxing zone at second 5, then goes slowly up for 40 sec) and ends at second 45, on "HAVE A GOOD TIME!" message, on the line between "relaxing" and "arousing" - this is where you should adjust volume just before instructions turn into "HAVE A GOOD TIME!"
It goes back to relaxing for awhile, and there are even few places where it seems that it is completely below the perception levels, this is something I will be looking into first as there was no intent to be completely without any signal for longer than few seconds. Appreciate feedback if you let me know about timestamps, I haven't yet adjusted volume for these sections since they are mostly short and are not immersion-breaking.
Some backstory:
I had different perception of the first version, I even thought it is a movie but in completely different genre. It made me intrigued and I spoke to Tia about it, and I did not receive confirmation or denial on how I should observe the art (because each of us should be free to have own interpretations, and I think this is beautifully genious since we can have more different viewpoints that we can share, without being forced to think like the creator).

Maybe some of that helped improve the EE version, maybe not, maybe EE was original idea from the start but Tia couldn't wait to implement all of it so we got original version as a small dopamine and motivation boost to overcome the crisis?

Then came Extended Edition, and I perceived it as pure game, more than any CH video that feels so fun to play, and I wanted to craft estim that makes it even better.

What is important for those playing estim to know is, most of the experience that I added here does stem from my interpretation of this piece of art, but I tried to confirm what I did with Tia, to make sure I am not antagonizing the original idea. So, while I hope most of the things you might realize (those would be in last spoiler) thanks to estim would be what I identified as a message from creator, it does not have to mean it is really from Tia, but you can be sure that it is not the opposite.
Some takeaways from the experience:
I played it without adjusting the volume after calibration, and it was one of best estim experiences of my life, I experienced being "saved by the bell" on every countdown (if it lasted another second it would push me over the edge), and it all ended in one of top 10 orgasms of my life.
Even 3 hours later I'm still floating like there is no gravity.

In this spoiler there will be some real spoilers (things that you might want to realize on first playthrough before you compare experience with mine).
I almost think this game contains a perfect love story with a girl, how it starts, how it develops, and how it reaches its climax.
These are some of the new messages I "received" from the creator during this experience.
Girls like to have fun, and if you are a jerk they will be with girls instead.
Girls that you think don't exist, exist! But you have to be out there to get noticed.
At start, they will play with you. Then play some more, and some more, then throw you away. Then take you back and play some more, all of that before they even show you their pussy! And then, they will play with you again, more and more!

It is not a win in cock hero if you don't cum at all, because girl's orgasm is greater when you orgasm with her. That is why there is remaining time in cum section, if you haven't been close enough to cum during it, then she will feel you weren't giving your best and her orgasm will be "incomplete".

It also put me in beautiful position against myself:
First during the CH game when I reached high score, I felt like I hit the edge exactly at that moment and that was my real "high score" for the game, I really couldn't score more. And then just moments later I face the boss, and get schooled on how short are addiction cycles when compulsively enjoying in addictive experience, but also get edged alot.
Then there is a period of some relaxation, and breath holding comes, I hit that "crisis" and remember that I already experienced one for sexual arousal, I was edged during the game/boss round, and now I am "past that point".

I then remembered how I wrote here, on my first playthrough about breath holding - that once I feel I hit the crisis, and overcome it, it becomes much easier, and I had same experience after holding out first edge - it would become easy to receive a lot more stimulation and pleasure.

So, I was now in position that I should try to hit orgasm during the playthrough (because that is what this work of art should end with, a beautiful climax of whole experience), and I have to not actively try to stay relaxed/not cum but instead be fully immersed into the experience, but also if I "cheat" to "survive" a section and reduce the volume (in order to reach the end and check if rest of experience is fine), then I am proving myself wrong - the edging does not actually become easier after overcoming crisis. This is what actually gave me strength to not reduce volume and to be so close to the edge, closer and for longer time I ever was before, because I trully believed that, and I wanted it to be true that it is possible. And imagine then orgasm when achieving that!

Note that cum section does not really increase the signal, the climax needs to be already built up and for me just the music was enough for it to start, and I hope that this wave of orgasmic euphoria is trigger for your ejaculation too. I would say that I actually had many dry orgasms prior to this one (I think this was most dry orgasms I ever had in my life in one run), so could basically have big one whenever I wanted. I was immersed enough that I was forgetting the countdowns are fake and I was honestly about to burst every time the countdown was cancelled.

And one of the hidden ones: While you watch this, you could probably be out there having fun, like this girl had after the photo-shoot. Angelic touch is heavenly, but then, the touch of real women is even better than that.
I'll try to update this post when I make some changes to files, or if I manage to add more spoliers.
Files:
https://mega.nz/folder/zioH1QoD#G3F2X2V9eYOsIt8ChFfjvg

EDIT: removed github links as downloading files wasn't straightforward for most users
The mega also now contains one zip file using latest restim feature to load from zip
:wave: HAVE A GOOD TIME! :yes:
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

P.S. @digitalparkinglot, big thank you for original version... It was big motivation for this, I actually initially planned to make just small changes, but then after doing something to most interesting parts (game/boss rounds) and discovering estim sensations I could assign to this experience, then I had to go and revisit many many many places that I felt also deserve some special attention, and in doing that I had to make many changes to all 3 funscripts (stroking, the frequency and volume). It felt alot like wood carving, where I'd think I have done something and then realize later I want to add more and more detail. There is still work that could be done, but I felt it is now distinctive enough to publish it.

EDIT 2024-03-11: I have reworked ramp a bit based on my first playthrough (increased very low parts), and I have set calibration a bit higher, to 70% (so total ramp over 90 min goes from that 70% on calibration to 100%).

For those that feel that is too much, I have also added 2 additional volume funscripts, that are scaled to start from 75 or 80 (not only calibration is higher but whole file has lower ramp). You can load them in restim by selecting their role as "volume" then select (none) for "default" volume that was auto-loaded, or you can delete the volume.funscript and rename one you like the most to volume.funscript (the "default" one is also provided as .volume-70(default).funscript so you can delete .volume and copy whichever you want and rename to remove the number)

I have also expanded the range of used pulse frequencies (mostly towards down, into a bit lower ranges) and also mostly raised carrier and lowered pulse widths to allow higher pulse frequencies to be better generated.
The new files are already in mega and github.
Last edited by edger477 on Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:22 am, edited 6 times in total.
samsonjude1776
Explorer
Explorer

Post by samsonjude1776 »

Is this for the original or EE version? Thanks!
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

samsonjude1776 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:04 pm Is this for the original or EE version? Thanks!
updated post to indicate it is for PMV version of Rhythms of Desire Extended Edition
samsonjude1776
Explorer
Explorer

Post by samsonjude1776 »

"EDIT: you also need to enable Vibration under Vibration tab in restim"

To enable do you just click on the vibration 1 box? Would you recommend the same pulse width and pulse frequency changes for VI33?
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

samsonjude1776 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 9:24 pm "EDIT: you also need to enable Vibration under Vibration tab in restim"

To enable do you just click on the vibration 1 box? Would you recommend the same pulse width and pulse frequency changes for VI33?
Yes, just the checkbox.

I would recommend same changes for vi33 but pulse frequency changes won't really work there, I'll have to revisit that one since pulse frequency is limited by values of pulse width and carrier frequency. But making these changes will make the vi33 less "spiky", so if you enjoy more gentle signals, yes go for it.
Electro
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Electro »

edger477 - Just finished a playthrough of the current beta using the settings from your screenshots. With the vi33a stuff, when the pulses got slow, I could really feel it, but with these it feels like the volume is lower(even though it isn't). This is using the same electrode configuration and restim calibration too. I haven't had a chance to dig into the combination of the pulse frequency and pulse width to compare them with the other creation. I can see MFP moving the values and I feel the slower pulse but it's less intense almost to the feeling of being subtle enough to not have an effect. I'm not sure if it could be because position 25 of the funscript is now 50hz instead of 25hz and that wasn't taken into account or if these funscript weren't intended to get deep and pulsey like your other restim funscript work?

Apart from that and where you mentioned certain parts were set too low in volume, I suppose it might be a personal preference but I think the total volume range is high, if I calibrate for it to be strong during the calibration, the volume drops quite a bit, ramps up to be pretty strong but then drops quite a bit again, and towards the end the ramp from light and sedate to max seems too wide in a sense that when the volume drops, it drops too much. I did make the entire playthrough at the same volume(which I set to the same level as I ran vi33a with) and resisted the temptation to turn it up when it felt low. Other than that, you did say it's still a beta and I know you said your original v1 and v2 of vi33a took some iterations to dial it in, so I'll say that it otherwise feels great to me.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

Electro wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:55 am edger477 - Just finished a playthrough of the current beta using the settings from your screenshots. With the vi33a stuff, when the pulses got slow, I could really feel it, but with these it feels like the volume is lower(even though it isn't). This is using the same electrode configuration and restim calibration too. I haven't had a chance to dig into the combination of the pulse frequency and pulse width to compare them with the other creation. I can see MFP moving the values and I feel the slower pulse but it's less intense almost to the feeling of being subtle enough to not have an effect. I'm not sure if it could be because position 25 of the funscript is now 50hz instead of 25hz and that wasn't taken into account or if these funscript weren't intended to get deep and pulsey like your other restim funscript work?

Apart from that and where you mentioned certain parts were set too low in volume, I suppose it might be a personal preference but I think the total volume range is high, if I calibrate for it to be strong during the calibration, the volume drops quite a bit, ramps up to be pretty strong but then drops quite a bit again, and towards the end the ramp from light and sedate to max seems too wide in a sense that when the volume drops, it drops too much. I did make the entire playthrough at the same volume(which I set to the same level as I ran vi33a with) and resisted the temptation to turn it up when it felt low. Other than that, you did say it's still a beta and I know you said your original v1 and v2 of vi33a took some iterations to dial it in, so I'll say that it otherwise feels great to me.
Hi Electro,

first, thanks for playing! Did you read calibration instructions? It was not meant to be set to "strong", since half of the experience is supposed to be relaxing. Also, were you maybe already desenitisized, or maybe you have smaller surface electrodes than me? I think I will make a lower ramp version (another volume funscript that user can replace) and publish it today along with some changes to this one to remove about 3 parts where volume was below perceptible.

Regarding pulses - the range increase to 200 is meant to reflect more beautiful and innocent nature of this experience. Pulse rates mostly affect the perceived feeling from "feather-touch" on high pulse rates (above 100) to "real-touch" (60-90 roughly), and below that "very tight", and "unpleasant". For darker creations like vi33a I enjoy to use "unpleasant" ranges (especially when it ends on lighter note so there is progression and the end feels more "rewarding" like that),
but for this one, aside from moments where player is fighting addiction where I wanted to illustrate how short are its cycle of feeling good/feeling bad I did not see any use of very low pulse frequencies (except that one moment when "caught"), and even then I avoided reducing carrier frequency so that they feel less pleasant but not painful/spiky. I felt it is not needed since the slutty face that is shown on dopamine release is not trully degrading form of porn (this is a game and the scenes used are more in context of playful illustration), it is more playful and appropriate to illustrate concept in a game, that I did not feel the disgust that would result in very unpleasant signal. You can see how my perception affects the estim, but I tried to verify it is not against what Tia intended. I also used contrast between higher and lower pulse frequencies in edging/countodwn sections to overwhelm the player but these are also supposed to feel good.
I was also not sure if people will follow instructions, and was afraid someone will play it without increasing frequency range, so I wanted to wait first before decreasing minimums. Will do that, extend the range of low parts a bit lower. Please let me know the answers on questions at start, and if you'd like me to create alternative-ramp version of volume funscript. You could also easily do it through settings, just make Limit min for volume i.e. 30 instead of 0, and that will automatically reduce the range of total ramp. Since default is 0-100 then I went to have the most ramp (starting from not-desentisized) as you can't increase the ramp, but you can decrease it by reducing the range (increasing the min)

EDIT: I have just finished updating files and will now update the "release" post.
Electro
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Electro »

edger477 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 5:26 am Did you read calibration instructions? It was not meant to be set to "strong", since half of the experience is supposed to be relaxing. Also, were you maybe already desenitisized, or maybe you have smaller surface electrodes than me? I think I will make a lower ramp version (another volume funscript that user can replace) and publish it today along with some changes to this one to remove about 3 parts where volume was below perceptible.
I based my calibration on looking at the volume levels of the volume funscript through roughly the first half as well as the end, considered the volume levels of vi33a, and set it to a similar level because I knew the levels throughout the first half are generally not that high and in general for most of the funscript, it's running at quite a bit lower than the calibration level, so I adjusted accordingly. If I was desensitized, I wouldn't find the end where it hops to 80%, then 90%, then 100% in short order to suddenly be intense after a fairly long run of 'should I turn this up?' thoughts where some stuff felt higher and I thought it would continue that ramp but it drops down again. I'll see how it plays out with the changes you said you will make.
Regarding pulses - the range increase to 200 is meant to reflect more beautiful and innocent nature of this experience. Pulse rates mostly affect the perceived feeling from "feather-touch" on high pulse rates (above 100) to "real-touch" (60-90 roughly), and below that "very tight", and "unpleasant". For darker creations like vi33a I enjoy to use "unpleasant" ranges (especially when it ends on lighter note so there is progression and the end feels more "rewarding" like that),
but for this one, aside from moments where player is fighting addiction where I wanted to illustrate how short are its cycle of feeling good/feeling bad I did not see any use of very low pulse frequencies (except that one moment when "caught"), and even then I avoided reducing carrier frequency so that they feel less pleasant but not painful/spiky. I felt it is not needed since the slutty face that is shown on dopamine release is not trully degrading form of porn (this is a game and the scenes used are more in context of playful illustration), it is more playful and appropriate to illustrate concept in a game, that I did not feel the disgust that would result in very unpleasant signal. You can see how my perception affects the estim, but I tried to verify it is not against what Tia intended. I also used contrast between higher and lower pulse frequencies in edging/countodwn sections to overwhelm the player but these are also supposed to feel good.
That's fair, if this is by design, it makes sense. I usually find those lower pulse rates to not be unpleasant, but the opposite because they feel deep, but this deeper throbbing feeling is *strongly dependent* on electrode configuration.
I was also not sure if people will follow instructions, and was afraid someone will play it without increasing frequency range, so I wanted to wait first before decreasing minimums. Will do that, extend the range of low parts a bit lower. Please let me know the answers on questions at start, and if you'd like me to create alternative-ramp version of volume funscript. You could also easily do it through settings, just make Limit min for volume i.e. 30 instead of 0, and that will automatically reduce the range of total ramp. Since default is 0-100 then I went to have the most ramp (starting from not-desentisized) as you can't increase the ramp, but you can decrease it by reducing the range (increasing the min)

EDIT: I have just finished updating files and will now update the "release" post.
Oh, I see you edited the post and I started typing the reply while only having read about half before reading through the rest while typing up the replies at the same time in order to not lose my train of thought and needing to read through it again.
Good idea, on the output range to limit the range a little because that seems to be a decent solution if I feel it needs to be adjusted. I might just play a round with the pulse frequency maxes scaled back once just to see if it makes it more into the sensations I'm looking for, whether or not they fit the narrative or feel of the visuals and story. ..but I'll work with the updated files first before I play too much with the rest.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

Electro wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:05 pm Good idea, on the output range to limit the range a little because that seems to be a decent solution if I feel it needs to be adjusted. I might just play a round with the pulse frequency maxes scaled back once just to see if it makes it more into the sensations I'm looking for, whether or not they fit the narrative or feel of the visuals and story. ..but I'll work with the updated files first before I play too much with the rest.
If you like the lower pulse frequencies, I could suggest you set Limit max to 150-100 but please then raise min to at least 10 as latest version will have pulses going down to 20 (10%) and if you set top to 100 that becomes 10, which will be unpleasant, so set min to 10 to raise it a bit. It is not what I wanted to convey with this, but if it is pleasurable for you, then it is :)
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

Time for my condensed takeaway, which actually applies to 2 of my favorite "standout" creations: this one and Electric Dreams

The essence is found in us, in our brains, our minds. This creation shows that if you create an experience for the mind, it is possible to achieve climax without relying on hardcore or trashy stuff. It is probably harder to accomplish it this way, but the climax I experienced felt more like an orgasm of the soul than the one I usually achieve by consuming a porn compilation.

I still like diverse content, but these stand out aside because the euphoria and afterglow I experience are of different type than from the content whose main focus is porn. I am so glad that there is this entry under "wholesome estim content" now. The porn ones are just like the dopamine releases during boss fight in RoD - they are over as soon as you started, and you are down and already want to start next one, but this one is still holding me tightly 3rd day, and I think it has permanently changed how I perceive and experience women.

I see that many people haven't discovered story here, but I managed to get confirmation :wink: that it is even deeper than I initially thought. And to me, discovering more pieces of the puzzle will make it more fun to plan for replay. Which I have no idea when I will do, probably will wait if there will be more estim feedback so I can fix any issues and then retest :)

I don't really have craving to play anything right now, the afterglow is powerful, it triggered a dream very obviously linked/inspired by this, that I very much enjoyed, and which also helped me learn something new about myself. I want to thank Tia for touching me in this way, this affected my being (both in my dreams and reality) and is also affecting my relationship.

For me it is not too extraordinary that I found material for personal development on Milovana, because I tend to find it and learn alot about myself everywhere, but it is extraordinary that Tia intentionally integrated many stories and elements which had really healing effect on my soul, showing me where I lack and what am I missing to fullfil my relationship. :love:

:thankyou:
frenchdude
Explorer
Explorer

Post by frenchdude »

edger477 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:52 pm :wave: HAVE A GOOD TIME! :yes:
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
I finally had the chance to test this.
I scrupulously followed your instructions for the Restim settings.
I used the file « Rhythms of Desire - Extended edition (PMV).volume.funscript » because 30% is what I usually like for this length of video (which I usually find quite challenging without being unpleasant).
I scrupulously followed your instructions for the calibration during the first 40 seconds.
I did not take notes, so my feedback won’t be detailed. I just wanted to enjoy the journey, after a not so good day…

And I definitely did :w00t:
Not for a single moment did I feel the need or desire to adjust the volume.
And much more than that : I don’t know if this will make sense but not for a single moment did I say to myself that it could be even better if this or that…
Actually yes, I would like something : to enjoy it again as soon as possible
Many thanks to you, Edger477 :love: For me this definitely is a great addition to an absolute masterpiece
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

frenchdude wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:25 pm
edger477 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:52 pm
:wave: HAVE A GOOD TIME! :yes:
I finally had the chance to test this.
I scrupulously followed your instructions for the Restim settings.
I used the file « Rhythms of Desire - Extended edition (PMV).volume.funscript » because 30% is what I usually like for this length of video (which I usually find quite challenging without being unpleasant).
I scrupulously followed your instructions for the calibration during the first 40 seconds.
I did not take notes, so my feedback won’t be detailed. I just wanted to enjoy the journey, after a not so good day…

And I definitely did :w00t:
Not for a single moment did I feel the need or desire to adjust the volume.
And much more than that : I don’t know if this will make sense but not for a single moment did I say to myself that it could be even better if this or that…
Actually yes, I would like something : to enjoy it again as soon as possible
Many thanks to you, Edger477 :love: For me this definitely is a great addition to an absolute masterpiece[/spoiler]
Many thanks for testing it! This is first (known to me) playthrough after I adjusted volume levels (to avoid areas without any sensations where it was too quiet) and I also did about 3% volume ramp to cum section as in mine I did have another dry orgasm there that lasted forever but the big bang happened in uncensored round.

I was not sure if calibration/volume will be good for anyone else as everyone use different electrodes, and I am also glad to hear it.

I think it might get better, I worked on this like wood carver, was starting with a shape and then adding more and more details in different locations, and after I play it again (I take voice notes sometimes, in last 10-15 minutes I think I am gone but I am pretty happy with that so notes will be from earlier), so I feel that the masterpiece like this deserves to add more detail where I feel it is missing on my playthrough.
froog
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by froog »

edger477 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 3:52 pm Hello hello! :rolleyes:
I tried it with restim 1.14, and I think I followed all your instructions, including the advice to activate vibration. I am still getting the hang of restim, so not sure if this feedback is helpful to you.

I find regular alpha/beta scripts converted by restim to their alpha/beta versions to be pleasant, and I think I am getting the hang of calibrating for those.

Initially I found your script(s)to be either not enough sensation, or a little unpleasant, although the patterns were great. and I could not really get the right balance of intensity - it was either unpleasant or not enough. So I started playing around and removing scripts, so I had more control and it got better:

I found that removing the carrier frequency script made it more pleasant. I wonder if my box requires a higher carrier frequency (900) to be pleasant?. I managed to recreate a similar unpleasant feeling by manually reducing the carrier frequency in restim. (700)

Assuming I am not doing something else wrong. I am wondering - what could it be about my box or set up which means I cannot enjoy those lower carrier frequencies. Or do you think I should try something else? My box is wired up as the most basic Tronic's midistim design ( no parallel resistors)

Apart from that. I want to thank you for the hard work you are putting in to move this scene forwards.
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by edger477 »

froog wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:43 am
I found that removing the carrier frequency script made it more pleasant. I wonder if my box requires a higher carrier frequency (900) to be pleasant?. I managed to recreate a similar unpleasant feeling by manually reducing the carrier frequency in restim. (700)

Assuming I am not doing something else wrong. I am wondering - what could it be about my box or set up which means I cannot enjoy those lower carrier frequencies. Or do you think I should try something else? My box is wired up as the most basic Tronic's midistim design ( no parallel resistors)
It might be that your transformers are weaker so on lower frequencies (which have more energy) they get saturated sooner.

You could try using restim releases by not following the recommended/default settings, but go and set frequency limit-min and limit-max to a range that feels pleasant for you (i.e. 800-1100hz). With only that change, you should still be able to experience this properly.