Are we entering the Cock Hero winter?

Discussion about Cock Hero and other sexy videos.

Moderator: andyp

gynephilos
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Are we entering the Cock Hero winter?

Post by gynephilos »

I feel like the community has been less active this year. Very few big releases, and the yearly release thread seems a bit empty. Many creators (unfortunately, including me) have been quiet recently. Have people moved somewhere else or has some other technology surpassed the CH format? What are your thoughts?
My videos: Cock Hero: Female Pleasure (forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=20080) · Cock Hero: Female Pleasure Vol 2 (forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=20482) · Cock Hero: Female Pleasure Vol 3 · Cock Hero: Female Pleasure Vol 4 · Cock Hero: Female Pleasure Vol 5 · Cock Hero: Feel the Vibe · Cock Hero: Female Pleasure Vol 6
froog
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Re: Are we entering the Cock Hero winter?

Post by froog »

Someone needs to do the math to settle question once and for all.
We need graphs, people! :-D
Ditto
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by Ditto »

ygritte-meme-snow-already-came.jpg
ygritte-meme-snow-already-came.jpg (66.78 KiB) Viewed 15203 times
Pseudonym
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Pseudonym »

I think I've created more rounds in just the last 2 years of working on my Cock Hero Replay project, than all my previous work combined. :lol: viewtopic.php?t=24640
froog wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 2:05 pm Someone needs to do the math to settle question once and for all.
This is the way to finally find out whether these threads about CHs dying that have been popping out here for the last decade might have some truth to them. :lol:
Last edited by Pseudonym on Sun May 28, 2023 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Discord server: https://discord.gg/tbQxJ22
My latest release: Cock Hero - Replay viewtopic.php?t=24640
All my work so far: https://mega.nz/folder/sdcHmQzT#PZ4ctIZsoGp4N7zuDmIh_Q
ultrasonic
Explorer
Explorer

Post by ultrasonic »

Definitely has seemed quieter. I’ve thought about either making a follow up /add-on to my first project, or something new, but I’ve been having trouble finding the right ideas or music. Hoping something will come along and provide some inspiration though.
gynephilos
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by gynephilos »

Pseudonym wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 4:46 pm I think I've created more rounds in just the last 2 years of working on my Cock Hero Replay project, than all my previous work combined. :lol: viewtopic.php?t=24640
I think these new weird web/executables fall into the "some other technology surpassed the CH format" category ;-)

But definitely doing your part!
My videos: Cock Hero: Female Pleasure (forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=20080) · Cock Hero: Female Pleasure Vol 2 (forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=20482) · Cock Hero: Female Pleasure Vol 3 · Cock Hero: Female Pleasure Vol 4 · Cock Hero: Female Pleasure Vol 5 · Cock Hero: Feel the Vibe · Cock Hero: Female Pleasure Vol 6
Froz3n
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Froz3n »

I got myself a Handy and fully switched to the Eroscripts community. That thing is just so good. Come here once every month or so to see if I missed something awesome, that should be getting scripted sooner or later :D
Sombre
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Sombre »

Don't worry, i'm pretty sure than you can make a CH with the uncensored version of Chat-gpt !
bababuii
Curious Newbie
Curious Newbie

Post by bababuii »

Froz3n wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 8:42 pm I got myself a Handy and fully switched to the Eroscripts community. That thing is just so good. Come here once every month or so to see if I missed something awesome, that should be getting scripted sooner or later :D
What is a Handy?
javxxx
Explorer
Explorer

Post by javxxx »

I'm hoping this is just a dry spell. From what I can tell it takes a huge effort to compile a full length video. I think a lot of editors only have the patience to put out PMV's. Maybe instead of doing full length videos some creators can just make a PMV and slap a beatmeter on it.
Kapierik
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Kapierik »

bababuii wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 10:37 pm What is a Handy?
https://ohdoki-thehandy.s3.eu-north-1.a ... mised.webm
giannitrib
Explorer
Explorer

Post by giannitrib »

froog wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 2:05 pm Someone needs to do the math to settle question once and for all.
I suspect you were (semi) joking - but because it's not something i've tried before, i scraped the topic titles and the creation date from the On Video forum, filtered to any titles that contained "[Release]" (case insensitive), and plotted it
It's not going to be exact, won't include releases done as replies to an existing thread (so things like Pseudonym's replay releases are probably going to be like that), but it should give a reasonable idea - at least in more recent years
The graph is the number of releases by month
It was 75 lines of R code - i based it off a post i found here https://community.rstudio.com/t/scrapin ... orum/58606
Anyway, here's the output
OnVideo Releases.png
OnVideo Releases.png (34.02 KiB) Viewed 13646 times
If anyone's remotely interested in what i did adapting the code, am happy to share
I also pick up the username of the topic starter and the topic's url
NewReleasesOutput.png
NewReleasesOutput.png (107.1 KiB) Viewed 13646 times
Am sure it can be done fairly easily using python (probably using beautiful soup) - i've just used R a lot more
Ditto
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
I am a: Submissive

Post by Ditto »

giannitrib wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 11:05 am
I suspect you were (semi) joking - but because it's not something i've tried before, i scraped the topic titles and the creation date from the On Video forum, filtered to any titles that contained "[Release]" (case insensitive), and plotted it
It's not going to be exact, won't include releases done as replies to an existing thread (so things like Pseudonym's replay releases are probably going to be like that), but it should give a reasonable idea - at least in more recent years
The graph is the number of releases by month
It was 75 lines of R code - i based it off a post i found here https://community.rstudio.com/t/scrapin ... orum/58606
Anyway, here's the output
OnVideo Releases.png

If anyone's remotely interested in what i did adapting the code, am happy to share
I also pick up the username of the topic starter and the topic's url
NewReleasesOutput.png
Am sure it can be done fairly easily using python (probably using beautiful soup) - i've just used R a lot more
Sometimes I wish this site would allow us to thumbs up, or mark remarkable posts, etc. :)
As a developer, just this effort of doing this is great!! :)
heroe.jpg
heroe.jpg (20.71 KiB) Viewed 13256 times
Pseudonym
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart

Post by Pseudonym »

giannitrib wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 11:05 am ... I scraped the topic titles and the creation date from the On Video forum, filtered to any titles that contained "[Release]" (case insensitive), and plotted it

You are a legend!

It would be interesting to see the graph of only CH releases aswell.
Also not to be too nitpicky, but it looks like that the months which don't have any releases don't show up on your graph which skewes the first couple of years. But after it should be correct.

Let's assume it's not just a random blip in the numbers, the "methodology" is roughly reliable and it shows a downward trend over the last year or so, which might continue or at least mean something.

Possible explanations for the decrease of the releases here on Milo. It's just a speculation and some of it was mentioned before:

- The peak seems to correlate with covid period. We have seen similar peaks in games and streaming consumption during that time, so it is also possible, that people had more time to create. It definitely was the case for me personally.
- Some of the discussions, releases, etc. might be also happening on other platforms like reddit, discord...
- More options and new technologies that might compete with the CH format – for instance The Handy, PMVs...
- It's increasingly difficult to share these videos on streaming platforms. It might be negatively affecting the discoverability of CH concep for new potential viewers and authors.

The doomer thesis:

- CHs have peaked couple of years ago, and the concept and what it has to offer has been exhausted.

My personal, somewhat positive belief:

- CHs will be here as long as people care to watch them and make them. Once we stop caring, the concept will fade away, but at that point, it's not such a big deal because we won't care about it anyways. :lol:

Idea to perhaps improve the situation:

The awarnes of something like CHs existing might be still very low. I personally was very lucky to come across it on PH (this wouldn't happened these days). I think there still might be a huge numbers of potential fans and authors who still don't know CHs even exist. Maybe that's the avenue we could improve upon somehow? Raising awarness? Spreading the message? Telling your friends? Your mom...? idk :lol:

Anyways, thanks giannitrib! :wave:
My Discord server: https://discord.gg/tbQxJ22
My latest release: Cock Hero - Replay viewtopic.php?t=24640
All my work so far: https://mega.nz/folder/sdcHmQzT#PZ4ctIZsoGp4N7zuDmIh_Q
giannitrib
Explorer
Explorer

Post by giannitrib »

Pseudonym wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 4:39 pm Also not to be too nitpicky, but it looks like that the months which don't have any releases don't show up on your graph which skewes the first couple of years. But after it should be correct.
I noticed that when i was looking at the chart/data - pretty sure they're months that didn't have any posts with a release tag and since i'm converting the post date into a string which is sorted ascending it will get skipped
Out of curiosity did a bit of digging code to find which months were missing and it was 6 individual months:
2013-04, 2014-02, 2015-03, 2015-04, 2015-08, 2016-12
I did try to see if i could add those into the chart with a 0 value but i couldn't stop it from adding those at the end of the chart :-(
There prob is a way to make it do that but i gave up on it

I prob could do a bit more digging into just cock hero releases by refining a regex criteria but that may be for another day
Wish i did have some talents in video editing to author cock heros of my own but sadly dont have those talents
And yeah hope the downward trend in new releases is temporary