Teases suddenly not working in Chrome

All about the past, current and future webteases and the art of webteasing in general.
---
state_of_arousal
Explorer
Explorer

Teases suddenly not working in Chrome

Post by state_of_arousal »

EOS teases worked in Chrome up until about a month ago. They still work in Firefox, but on Chrome they give the error "This content is blocked. Contact the site owner to fix the issue."

Anyone know why, or have a solution please?
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Re: Teases suddenly not working in Chrome

Post by edger477 »

Maybe is some extension of yours? Where do you see the error? I use Brave (which is Chromium based browser) and have no such issue.
chual99
Explorer
Explorer

Post by chual99 »

I have no issues either, and I use chrome. It might be an extension or something else installed on your computer.
kerkersklave
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Open to new ideas!
I am a: Slave

Post by kerkersklave »

Issues like that are often also caused by anti virus software if it is not an extension. Did you install or update one? They often hook into the browser to filter "malicious websites" often causing their own security issues.
Kaelis
Explorer
Explorer

Post by Kaelis »

state_of_arousal wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 9:41 pm EOS teases worked in Chrome up until about a month ago. They still work in Firefox, but on Chrome they give the error "This content is blocked. Contact the site owner to fix the issue."

Anyone know why, or have a solution please?
Sounds like a great reason to swap over to firefox.

Unlike all chromium based browsers (edge, chrome, opera, brave, etc.) Mozilla doesn't track and sell your data. Also google is gonna be rolling out browser based efforts to remove adblockers soon - Mozilla is not.

Swap to Firefox :love:
i12step
Explorer
Explorer

Post by i12step »

I had this problem recently after I installed tampermonkey to try and get the 'toy' teases working. After I disabled the chrome extension things started working again. Perhaps you have a chrome extension that is causing it. I would recommend disabling / removing any extensions and checking whether the teases start working again. Good luck!!
edger477
Explorer At Heart
Explorer At Heart
Sexual Orientation: Straight
I am a: None of the above

Post by edger477 »

Kaelis wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 1:36 am

Sounds like a great reason to swap over to firefox.

Unlike all chromium based browsers (edge, chrome, opera, brave, etc.) Mozilla doesn't track and sell your data. Also google is gonna be rolling out browser based efforts to remove adblockers soon - Mozilla is not.

Swap to Firefox :love:
They (browsers) are not selling your data. They (except Brave) just allow cross-domain cookies (i.e. if Milovana used google ads, your google cookie would be used on it and google could figure out that it is you from other sites now on Milovana). This was not intentionally designed like this, it was there before google adsense and it is feature ad providers started using for targetting.

Great new feature in Firefox is multi-account containers, allowing you practically what is almost different browser for each site (because cookies are not shared between containers so many tracking methods don't work, they can still fingerprint you based on screen resolution, ip address and few other things that are harder to obfuscate).

This, however is too tedious to set up (at least for me) since Brave does that automatically for each new tab (by default "brave shields" are always up). That has great side effect of most ads not working (so I don't use ad-blocker, but sites detect I am using one since they cannot get tracker cookies) and best side effect of all - 0 ads on youtube :) So I use Brave.

I uninstalled and stopped using Firefox when they decided to ban Dissenter extension, I did not even use it but if you claim you fight for "free and open internet" and then take steps to make it less free and open, I don't care what you say anymore, you are a liar and don't deserve me trusting you.